Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

"So, in this scene Mitarai is working on storyboards. Is there anything around here we could use as a reference? ... Oh, wait. :downs:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

These loss edits are getting more and more abstract

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am gonna lol if this is seriously a loving con, because it's dumb

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

it's already dumb

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Maybe they're inside a computer program.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The whole series was an anime. DR3 will end with the whole cast applauding Ryouta for his work while Chihiro just gives him the biggest WTF face for murdering literally everyone related to him off over the course of the series.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i can't believe ryota is that artist who can see the future from heroes.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Those look more like easter eggs than any hint of a mindfuck ending to me

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I feel like the opposite is true

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Maybe the anime is actually an anime in-universe and was made to teach people about what happened in the past.

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

Heart legit skipped a beat at the Kirigiri fakeout

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The first half of this episode is things slowing down to the point that you start to wonder if it's gonna putter out and the second half is setting up for poo poo to get really real

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Looks like all the storylines are beginning to converge.

I was not expecting Hajime to open his eyes and be Kamukura again though. That worries me.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Monaca is the best part of this show

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FPzero posted:

Looks like all the storylines are beginning to converge.

I was not expecting Hajime to open his eyes and be Kamukura again though. That worries me.

The end of DR2 implies that both personalities merged somewhat though(and we specifically never see his eyes outside the simulation in the epilogue, but he did decide to live as Hinata), so Hinata might just be kind of a jerk instead of an emotionless world-destroying talent robot. Though Full Power Hinata has crosshair-eyes so :shrug:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Local Man Ruins Everything

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
way better than last episode. gently caress, I hate that Ruruka is guaranteed to survive.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://a.pomf.cat/nldsdd.webm

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Man I'm bummed that the real Miaya is just dead, I mean I expected it but it still sucks to see. Maybe she'll have an episode in the despair arc?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

:same:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

lets hang out posted:

Monaca is the best part of this show

Agreed.

Kyte posted:

Maybe the anime is actually an anime in-universe and was made to teach people about what happened in the past.

To be honest, I half expect something like this. Ryouta revealing that it's all an anime and that it being "broadcast around the world" actually means "broadcast in the real world".

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

To be honest, I half expect something like this. Ryouta revealing that it's all an anime and that it being "broadcast around the world" actually means "broadcast in the real world".

Please no. Quit saying things like this.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I was just thinking last night that it would be funny if the countdown at the start of the episode said 10 instead of 11, meaning that someone else had died. I laughed a bit when I saw that was exactly what happened. I assume he was killed by Monaca, after entering her room (I assume the Monokuma door was her room), and that Seiko was killed by the killer.

No Sakakura, aside from the flashback. Is it too much to hope that he is dead too?

With the real Gekkōgahara dead outside of the building, that means that there is still a 16th person there, unless the 16th person is Hiro or Monaca. I doubt it, because neither of them are wearing bracelets.

So Evil Yu Narukami has left his sword with Chisa and has taken Tengan's wrist-shooter instead. How is he going to cut through the walls to make dynamic entrances now?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

He actually has his sword next to him in that credits scene. :shrug:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

can't wait for baby junko to be swayed over to naegi's way of thinking without her realising

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

lets hang out posted:

He actually has his sword next to him in that credits scene. :shrug:

You're right. I really hope that meant that he had another one in his pocket.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

BlazeEmblem posted:

You're right. I really hope that meant that he had another one in his pocket.

not shown: munakata rushing back to the conference room because he still needs that sword for killing and thinking what a loser he is because everyone will see him be a murder dork on live television

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

He probably has five katanas considering how much of a nerd he is.

Also, Monaka ate her ice cream really fast.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ monomaid lost his apron too

a cartoon duck posted:

can't wait for baby junko to be swayed over to naegi's way of thinking without her realising

i dunno, she's got plenty of experience preaching hope to children.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 15, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I saw the new episode and it's very rude

E: Friend noticed some blood on the blacksmith's eye meaning he broke his rule and died that way, wonder why he was stabbed then.

If it's "don't eat sweets made for you" thing as I saw people guessing, maybe he attacked Seiko and killed her, saw the candy she dropped "eh why not" and popped it in because there's no way she'd have candy from his gal pal.

E2: Looking back at it myself, the knife is missing from Seiko, so it's the same weapon.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 15, 2016

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I feel like Monoca might actually be setting up to frame sweets girl or something, because sweets girl is obvious as poo poo. And if she were stopped, Monaca could then take the place as a confirmed hope.

Also I guess happy ending confirmed, because 30% is a window small enough for Naegi to bullshit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new episode was not terrible for once and I actually enjoyed seeing Komaru and Toko again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Also I guess happy ending confirmed, because 30% is a window small enough for Naegi to bullshit.

I'm of mixed minds about it. I don't know whether to take his prediction at face value because of both of his predictions in DR1, or to assume that the other 70% is likelier to happen somehow.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
they were always good.

I thought at least blacksmith dude would live and now he's dead and I have to deal with Ruruka for the rest of the series. Ugh. Everything else was cool, and I never thought I would be excited to see Togami.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Incredibly worried about Hinata still being Kamukura and also kinda bummed that it effectively makes DR2's ending null and void. I hope they can make something decent out of this either with Future or Despair.

Nice to see Togami and Fukawa again at least, and Komaru is there too I guess. And Izayoi bit the dust which is about what I was expecting

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Incredibly worried about Hinata still being Kamukura and also kinda bummed that it effectively makes DR2's ending null and void.

I'm worried about this too. If there's any one thing I liked about the ending in DR2, it was the resolution of Hinata's character arc.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
It's obviously just a fake out. We probably won't see him again until we have some scenes from the despair arc.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It feels weird that Naegi decides that they don't have to play by Monokuma's rules when he is wearing a bracelet capable of injecting sleep medicine and immediately deadly poison.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Incredibly worried about Hinata still being Kamukura and also kinda bummed that it effectively makes DR2's ending null and void. I hope they can make something decent out of this either with Future or Despair.

Nice to see Togami and Fukawa again at least, and Komaru is there too I guess. And Izayoi bit the dust which is about what I was expecting

To be fair, the ending to DR2 didn't make a lot of sense; they explicitly stated how all their memories from the VR would be erased, yet they were still somehow "fixed" after leaving the VR. Didn't bother me that much because people overcoming the explicitly impossible isn't uncommon in anime, but it makes a "actually he was still full of despair" outcome pretty plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Color Printer posted:

It feels weird that Naegi decides that they don't have to play by Monokuma's rules when he is wearing a bracelet capable of injecting sleep medicine and immediately deadly poison.

Watch this be a setup for Makoto's death followed by Yasuhiro becoming the new main character.

Has anyone else noticed that the deaths are no longer matching the intro sequence? Only the first couple did but now they're all different.

• Locked thread