Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Time for Bam to show how overpowered he's become.

Or this name hunt station was just massively overestimated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm the closeup on Baam's shoes

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Bernardo Orel posted:

Time for some anger management

No thanks! This is the most interesting thing we've gotten out of Baam in a while. I'll happily take super pissed off Baam over "hmm, nothing better to do, so I guess I'll climb the tower ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" Baam.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-210/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=291

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Arcanen posted:

No thanks! This is the most interesting thing we've gotten out of Baam in a while. I'll happily take super pissed off Baam over "hmm, nothing better to do, so I guess I'll climb the tower ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" Baam.

Yeah, I thought that was quite good. Baam works best when he's actually doing things.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

TheDemon posted:

Yeah, I thought that was quite good. Baam works best when he's actually doing things.

While the "follow Rachel" goal was definitely getting stale, I think the author made a pretty big mistake when resolving that, in not giving Baam some new believable motivation. TOG seems pretty aimless when the protagonist doesn't really have any goals or reason for achieving them.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
He's still gotta chase down devil arm's brother and steal back the devil in his arm.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Arcanen posted:

While the "follow Rachel" goal was definitely getting stale, I think the author made a pretty big mistake when resolving that, in not giving Baam some new believable motivation. TOG seems pretty aimless when the protagonist doesn't really have any goals or reason for achieving them.

I mean, he does have a believable motivation: Figuring out what the gently caress the Thorn is, defeating Hoaquin once and for all [since he gets really mad at injustices], finding evil arm mans, etc.

Plus, he also has been pushing himself more towards 'I want to find out who I am, and what I can do, and why I can do it'. He actually, for once, cares about himself. Throughout the rest of the story all he has cared about has been Rachel, then protecting his friend's lives from FUG, then Rachel, then protecting his friends, etc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's going to beat jahad whether or not he currently knows it. none of the other irregulars cared but he does about the tower being poo poo

i like that after the warning he got about khun the only person is him because khun also hates the tower

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
The Arie family hates him! Defeat any sword user with this one weird trick!

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-211/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=292

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its a good trick and hatsu can get a new weapon

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I love Dan. "How come I didn't detect him a moment ago?" "Whew, I haven't ran like that in a while"

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
I feel like the stuff with the Kaiser is leading toward a new Baam harem member.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Sarcophallus posted:

I feel like the stuff with the Kaiser is leading toward a new Baam harem member.

Inieta has grown on me too, I hope he joins!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Haha there are so many comments that seem to think Tower of God is a Japanese manga. Despite the comments being on the Webtoons website.

In an unrelated note, I like Khun's short-hair look.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Sarcophallus posted:

Few people can resist his boyish looks, especially when he was in his Viole Grace disguise.:syoon:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Next time Baam wears a wig, it should be a Trump wig. Make the Tower great again!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It sounds like the Kaiser might be staying on this floor against her will (like maybe Jahad ordered it or something).

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Ytlaya posted:

It sounds like the Kaiser might be staying on this floor against her will (like maybe Jahad ordered it or something).

It's a slavery pyramid scheme and they want to see if Baam has the economic know-how to destroy it.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Voted Worst Mom posted:

It's a slavery pyramid scheme and they want to see if Baam has the economic know-how to destroy it.

Are you saying Baam is Bernie Sanders?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Voted Worst Mom posted:

You don't beat pyramid schemes with economic know-how (being a regular) you beat them with top-down regulation (being an irregular).

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

You don't beat pyramid schemes with economic know-how (being a regular) you beat them with top-down regulation (being an irregular).

Jokes aside this is pretty much the only way any form of change in the Tower is going to happen. The powers that be are thoroughly corrupt and have the best gear, skills, resources and man power to enforce their rule. They are perfectly fine with the status quo, so why bother with making things better for everyone, when the masses, and potential usurpers, are too busy climbing over each other to see that the system is to blame.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Annointed posted:

Jokes aside this is pretty much the only way any form of change in the Tower is going to happen. The powers that be are thoroughly corrupt and have the best gear, skills, resources and man power to enforce their rule. They are perfectly fine with the status quo, so why bother with making things better for everyone, when the masses, and potential usurpers, are too busy climbing over each other to see that the system is to blame.

Are you saying The Tower is Modern Politics?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Slave In Utero with the biting sociopolitical commentary

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Annointed posted:

To be totally fair, we don't really have the full picture regarding Jahad/the 10 families and history of the tower. We don't really know why Jahad runs things the way he does, so it's possible that it isn't just a matter of him wanting to stay powerful for selfish reasons (though it's probably pretty likely).

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Backstory.

Although I'm unsure how trustworthy anyone's narration is, especially outside Baam's little collection of friends, but yeah, all exposition this chapter. And Jahad Princesses (literally) crawling out of the woodwork everywhere...

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Khun keeps being Khun. Turns out the key to climbing the Tower is to just be slightly smarter than the average guy.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-213/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=294

I was joking about more princesses damnit.

nimby posted:

Khun keeps being Khun. Turns out the key to climbing the Tower is to just be slightly smarter than the average guy.

Seems a surprisingly simple solution, yeah.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I mean, there's literally one known guy in the Tower who can absorb shinsu. It's just really convenient and Khun has a nice way of playing it off as just as keikaku.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I don't remember shinsu being something that was required to live. Man I need to re read or something

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-214/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=295 I really like this pissed off Baam.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I choose you, Isu!

I did not expect them to get there that fast.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-215/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=296 I don't know if this was funny or stupid. YOU CAN NEVER FIND THIS ROOM! ... YOU CAN NEVER OPEN THIS CONTAINER WITHOUT A KEY!!!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Tipme posted:

I don't remember shinsu being something that was required to live. Man I need to re read or something

Shinsu is what allows oxygen and other atmospheric things to exist in the Tower. Areas without Shinsu are said to literally lack atmosphere in the early chapters.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm not really sure why baam wasn't going to go all out before

also i miss the author comments

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Jose posted:

i'm not really sure why baam wasn't going to go all out before

also i miss the author comments

Kaiser still held hostages that she could kill anytime for leverage.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i thought they had value such that it wasn't an option but i'm probably forgetting

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Jose posted:

i thought they had value such that it wasn't an option but i'm probably forgetting

Raak had value such that giving him away even to her favorite of the bosses wasn't an option.

That value was as someone to threaten Viole with. Their value was entirely predicated on their use as hostages to be threatened.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-217

In which Baam realizes he forgot to bring his bleed flask to the atziri fight...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

That pretty much excludes Bam losing his Viole name, or letting Kaiser leave the station. He's gotta kill her before he dies, really doubt she'd let him heal up if she's alive in some way.