Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And while we're at it the quote is really garbage out of context. The way the movies focus on Cap being from Brooklyn has become disconcerting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Coulson just wants to know where Brooklyn at.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mind the walrus posted:

And while we're at it the quote is really garbage out of context. The way the movies focus on Cap being from Brooklyn has become disconcerting.

Isn't Brooklyn a lovely place these days?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The anti-Hell's Kitchen?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

No, not really.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its lovely if you hate rich young people driving up housing prices but other than that, no

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alaois posted:

its lovely if you hate rich young people driving up housing prices but other than that, no

Right, so pretty lovely then.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Actually, it's kinda funny how they're shuttling the statue around Brooklyn. It's in Prospect Park now, they're moving it to Barclays Center later, and then it's gonna be at a Bed Bath and Beyond in Sunset Park. It's like when Philly moved the statue of Rocky from the top of the Art Museum steps to the sports arenas and then back outside the Art Museum.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Selachian posted:

Actually, it's kinda funny how they're shuttling the statue around Brooklyn. It's in Prospect Park now, they're moving it to Barclays Center later, and then it's gonna be at a Bed Bath and Beyond in Sunset Park. It's like when Philly moved the statue of Rocky from the top of the Art Museum steps to the sports arenas and then back outside the Art Museum.

Are they at least gonna obstruct the view of the other end of the ice with it?

Anyway, we all know who the master fanfic'er of the Marvelverse is:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
...I find myself wondering what the hell kind of slash-fic a deity known in mythology for turning into a mare and giving birth to his dad's main battle horse would write.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

...I find myself wondering what the hell kind of slash-fic a deity known in mythology for turning into a mare and giving birth to his dad's main battle horse would write.

Eh, something fairly average by the internet's standards.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes. It's become a haven to yuppies and rich folk who co-opt the Americana associated with Brooklyn while being the kind of borough no one from that bygone Brooklyn could ever afford to commute to in order to scrub toilets in, much less live in.

The whole "I'm just a kid from Brooklyn" line on a statue is that entire attitude distilled, which is a shame because I really like the statue itself.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
This would have been less of a problem if the statue was touring 1940s Brooklyn.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Selachian posted:

Barclays Center is where the city used eminent domain to kick out the (mostly brown) people in that 'hood out of there to make room for a sporting arena, then promised to build affordable housing that hasn't even materialized after 10 years despite promises from the developer.

That Bed Bath and Beyond in Sunset Park isn't even open yet, and it's in another neighborhood that once was prosperous and semi-diverse but turned to poo poo when the BQE was built right on top of it. Kinda fitting they move it to an out-of-the-way industrial location with zero foot traffic for its last month in NYC.

So yeah, what I'm saying is I can definitely see Cap is was a Hydra agent.

LOL if someone spray paints 'Hydras Greatest Hero' onto the base.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 14, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That's some really horrible thought dialogue, but it's also really horribly funny.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

"So Alfred, I saw this really gory crime scene today. You could say it was..."
"Master Bruce people have died"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I love the idea that part of the reason Bruce is quiet and taciturn is because he keeps making horrible inappropriate jokes in his head and doesn't want them to slip out.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

ImpAtom posted:

I love the idea that part of the reason Bruce is quiet and taciturn is because he keeps making horrible inappropriate jokes in his head and doesn't want them to slip out.

So the only difference between Batman and Spider-Man is their self control? I can live with that.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I remember at least one Spider-Man comic that has Peter note it's a case of either 'bad jokes' or 'panic'-at least in a fight. Can't remember where, though...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I was thinking of the Spider-Man / Punisher crossover with Cole-Alves where Spidey tries to not make a joke about Castle dating again, but just. Can't. Help. Himself.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TwoPair posted:

"So Alfred, I saw this really gory crime scene today. You could say it was..."
"Master Bruce people have died"

"Well thank God there must have been some medical personal there. Because at least one guy was in stitches."

Actually I'm curious, is the rest of the dialogue in that book/series that level of assholish black humor?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I thought it was dick bats who made that joke. Seems more in character

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

I thought it was dick bats who made that joke. Seems more in character

Nope, just Tony Daniel sucking as a writer.

it's detective comics #6, fyi for all interested parties

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

I was thinking of the Spider-Man / Punisher crossover with Cole-Alves where Spidey tries to not make a joke about Castle dating again, but just. Can't. Help. Himself.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Why is the Punisher always fighting Spiderman?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Why is the Punisher always fighting Spiderman?

Punisher's very first appearance was Amazing Spider-man #129.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Storywise: they're both NYC-based (Punisher less-so, but point remains), but Spider-Man obviously doesn't approve of Punisher's methods, and makes sure to let him know when he runs into him.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

Punisher's very first appearance was Amazing Spider-man #129.

Maybe he should think about murdering Spiderman's huge rogues gallery, most of whom he could actually kill, unlike Spiderman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Maybe he should think about murdering Spiderman's huge rogues gallery, most of whom he could actually kill, unlike Spiderman.

Whenever he tries the bullets just hit a Status Quo field and bounce off.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I love that sequence.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

He did kill Stilts Man.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cangelosi posted:

He did kill Stilts Man.

He's a Daredevil guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Trast posted:

I love that sequence.

It's always great when an actually humorous writer gets to do some Spider-man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Spider-man protects his rogues.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I just read IDW's "Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything" and it's the most fun I've had reading a comic in at least a year.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

Whenever he tries the bullets just hit a Status Quo field and bounce off.

If the bullets bounced back towards the Punisher they would bounce off his Status Quo field and get caught in an infinite ricochet.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lobok posted:

If the bullets bounced back towards the Punisher they would bounce off his Status Quo field and get caught in an infinite ricochet.

I'd prefer this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR794_QBmug

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Endless Mike posted:

Storywise: they're both NYC-based (Punisher less-so, but point remains), but Spider-Man obviously doesn't approve of Punisher's methods, and makes sure to let him know when he runs into him.

Someone post Punisher laying fists on Spidey and Spidey totally no-sells it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless