Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

So much better today than when it as written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think the reviews of "rear end in Your Pants" is my single favorite Achewood ever.

Personally, I'll always have a soft spot for Lyle's "Real Kitchens 101" course proposal. ACE OF GRADES!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Lord of Hats posted:

Personally, I'll always have a soft spot for Lyle's "Real Kitchens 101" course proposal. ACE OF GRADES!

I love that there's real cooking and real "life in the kitchen" advice in addition to Lyle being Lyle.

Also, "gangster rap about burning down zoos and hitting women with golf clubs".

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Loomer posted:

So much better today than when it as written.

I recently reread most (not all; started partway through from a link) of Achewood, and I wanted to comment on these strips because yeah, they are amazing now. Ray's pseudo-admiration for Donald Trump is also "interesting" in light of current events.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Donald Trump also featured prominently in "The Sandwich Duel" in The New Yorker. The whole thing is worth a read, but the trump parts are still good.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think the reviews of "rear end in Your Pants" is my single favorite Achewood ever.

This is my favorite Achewood panel, at least for the moment.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

prefect posted:

I love that there's real cooking and real "life in the kitchen" advice in addition to Lyle being Lyle.

Also, "gangster rap about burning down zoos and hitting women with golf clubs".

And don't forget "I am passed out at my desk with an empty bottle of Cutty Sark. Students are allowed to offer me cocaine, although there is no signage."

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

JethroMcB posted:

This is my favorite Achewood panel, at least for the moment.

Hey, where is your avatar from?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Speaking of too close to home, Ray runs for president.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Johnny Aztec posted:

Hey, where is your avatar from?

Regular Show.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

It's not one of the more intellectual or verbose strips, but I think this is my favourite. It's just such a soft-spoken and bemusing way of portraying something vaguely depressing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

It's not one of the more intellectual or verbose strips, but I think this is my favourite. It's just such a soft-spoken and bemusing way of portraying something vaguely depressing.

If you think that's "vaguely depressing" you've clearly never tried it yourself.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

MonkeyforaHead posted:

You don't have to worry about Ray. Ray..is...fine

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Beef is kind of a hypocrite here. He'll spy on Ray but get all pissy about " betrayal" when T and Ray look at Beefs search history.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Honestly Teodor probably told Ray exactly what he was doing and Ray said "okay" then forgot about it.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Probably smoking heated-up marijuana again, that Ray

Adult Illiteracy
Oct 10, 2012
:siren: New comic :siren:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Alt text: Todd first set this challenge to himself when my 11-year old daughter was zero.

Continuity!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Roast Beef's low-volume announcing cracks me up.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
THE MIRACLE returns!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

And just a couple of days later, one of my all-time favorite panels.

:allears:

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

This strip is a top 5 for me. "This ain't a party of crap dudes" is a common phrase in my vernacular, Ray's "You are terrible!" panel, "talk about rare!", "somebody's gotta pay for this shirt i had made", god there's so much loving amazing here.

Loving Life Partner fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 19, 2016

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The penny arc has me giving any long-lost continuity the side-eye, but this strip was fantastic so I'll let it slide.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Loving Life Partner posted:

This strip is a top 5 for me. "This ain't a party of crap dudes" is a common phrase in my vernacular, Ray's "You are terrible!" panel, "talk about rare!", "somebody's gotta pay for this shirt i had made", god there's so much loving amazing here.

i made this for you :shobon:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

i made this for you :shobon:

That is a good avatar. :thumbsup:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Loving Life Partner posted:

in say "God dammit X" all the time, though thats generic enough only i know im referencing it when i do

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

prefect posted:

Roast Beef's low-volume announcing cracks me up.

For some reason, I got a good loud chuckle out of "definitely had to go out and buy toner at least once."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

prefect posted:

And just a couple of days later, one of my all-time favorite panels.

:allears:

Candle at both ends, though. Harsh.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
I didn't know I had been waiting eleven years for Todd to yell BALLS and now I have to wait another week. Blueballed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My God that strip was fantastic from start to finish. Paul Stanley's expert commentary and encouragement of Todd was an unexpected delight.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

For some reason I thought KISS was the artist Beef would go to the bathroom on but that was Lyle Lovett. KISS is the artist Tood has a tattoo of going to the grocery store and comparing their you-know-whats to the yams.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
OK, I had never read Pat's blog before but I so wish I had done it earlier!

"I really need to get a No Solicitors sign. Anyhow, if you want to read Awake! magazine, you can dig through my trash, except you can't, because I'll shoot you with rock salt. "

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love Pat's blog when he gets all enthusiastic about some terrible new business idea and then as he progresses he gets increasingly frustrated with how it just isn't working because PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID :argh:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Jerusalem posted:

I love Pat's blog when he gets all enthusiastic about some terrible new business idea and then as he progresses he gets increasingly frustrated with how it just isn't working because PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID :argh:

Oh yes, the live food bar (where he had to hire multiple contractors to do the work because they kept getting fed up with him) is a great read.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think every single Pat blog contains at least one absolutely perfect sentence.

quote:

I guess it's for the best, as the History Channel is showing a special on Henry Ford and I don't want to be stuck in the kitchen doing a bunch of dishes when the messageboards light up.

quote:

(in their majestic and far-sweeping wisdom, true falcons will attack children)

quote:

The list of things you do not know about butter beans versus bay scallops quite frankly pisses me off.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think every single Pat blog contains at least one absolutely perfect sentence.

"Is it possible to find a contractor who won't pass judgment on a socio-homopolitical lifestyle?"

"'I hope it's expensive, because you can't return salami you put in your PANTS!' I yelled."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
:siren: https://twitter.com/achewood/status/769104928518176768 :siren:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

As he lived, I suppose.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The end, no moral.

Probably the best way to close any Todd arc, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like that even Todd's thoughts have his stutter.