Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

SnowblindFatal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuC9yK4CqhU

LMAO he's still at it. Elevators and trains. What motivates this man?

Elevators and trains? Autism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

-Blackadder- posted:

I remember running into a bunch of cool stories when I first joined SA.

The two I remember the most are Evil Agita writing an awesome saga about falling for a girl in a wheelchair.

I think I might remember that one. Was it really foul? If it is, I remember it. :barf:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It wasn't so much a saga but one dude I knew IRL lost his loving poo poo when he found out that GameQuoter was just a normal dude with a really good gimmick.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
the aol search logs are still one of the funniest things on the internet

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Rhyno posted:

It wasn't so much a saga but one dude I knew IRL lost his loving poo poo when he found out that GameQuoter was just a normal dude with a really good gimmick.

What the hell else would Game Quoter be? A sentient AI can only communicate through video games?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BexGu posted:

What the hell else would Game Quoter be? A sentient AI can only communicate through video games?

Quite a few people thought he was a forums gimmick concocted by Lowtax.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The Return of Ultimate Hustler

"drat"

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

astronautism posted:

TWAS ALL FOR BONERS

Does anybody have the Wyoming Incident parody video with the 3D Captain America renders doing goofy poo poo to the tune of this one famous disco song? ("Get Dancin'" by Disco Tex and the Sex-o-Lettes)

Leroy Dennui has a new favorite as of 01:18 on Aug 15, 2016

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

gentle pete posted:

the aol search logs are still one of the funniest things on the internet

Is there a link for this or was it front page or what I'm dying.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Scudworth posted:

seconding this, I need to see this poo poo

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Scudworth posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/aol-search-log/1/

Alpha Man
Jun 23, 2010
AYB.swf was the greatest

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

And there's a part 2 & 3 too

https://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/aol-search-log-2/1/
https://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/aol-search-log-3/1/

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

wow it's like looking into the future, from the past

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

these are really great and everyone should read them

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

The second I saw this i immediately remembered one of the worst but funniest aol searches from this article from someone doing "research" on their black neighbors that lived in the appartment above them, and being worried about getting caught.

"Do niggers have x-ray vision"

:iiam:

Also I said it before but the G4 Attack of the Show interview with Thorpe was the best SA on TV moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUHDDj7fhk

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Not really a saga. Does anyone know why the games forum hates stux so much?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Not really a saga. Does anyone know why the games forum hates stux so much?

If you mean the Thorpe interview, maybe you missed the threads that followed, or just that it is less of a saga in itself then just a backwards commentary on the saga that is/was the forums. If you meant stux, then, I have no clue who that is. Stuff is still funny though.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

No hes a poster who eats huge probations constantly.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Nobody really talked about the BFC superstars

Like Zaurg who had crippling debt and a wife that couldn't stop spending so everytime he'd almost come close to getting his act together she would buy a house or conjur up 30k in debt for devry university or demand a baby.

Or Tuyop who said he had ultimate job security in the military so budgeting wasn't as important. Turns out he didn't have that level of security.

Then there was blue story who didn't understand how she didn't have money after spending literal 1000s of dollars per month on star wars merchandise.

OR what about the boat guy who swore up and down he could save tons of money if the banks would just lend him enough money to buy adn dock a boat in minnesota.

Alos Muerte walked across 20 miles of SF for bipolar awareness that was pretty loving great but had nothing to do with BFC.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Has this thread talked about goon love yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Reverand maynard posted:

Has this thread talked about goon love yet.

Did you read it?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Was bruiser also that JessicaDupre guy pretending to be a girl pretending to be a robot?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Veskit posted:

Then there was blue story who didn't understand how she didn't have money after spending literal 1000s of dollars per month on star wars merchandise.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319

That was the first thread that I followed while it was still going, but she got banned while I was still catching up. For a while her avatar was someone's middle finger with "gently caress you OP" written on it

Highlights:

- Has 15k in checking account but refuses to pay off 4k in credit card debt

- "Saves" money by buying bread at Panera, then going to a salad bar/buffet for lunch and using the Panera bread to make a sandwich, as opposed to making a sandwich at home

- Thinks she can afford a baby, gets pregnant on purpose

- Has a compulsion to buy every piece of merchandise at Kids in the Hall concerts (e.g. every color of the exact same shirt) to make up for perceived childhood trauma

- Takes like a month to bring herself to perform such advanced kitchen tasks as boiling water

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Awful Fantasy, FF6 ROMhack with decade-old forums humor.

Because I am a bad person, I actually beat that before I beat regular FF6.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It was not as big as some of the others, but there was an E/N thread about this Australian dude a few years ago (I wanna say his username was Manchild King or similar) and it was an amazing series of revelations. He came complaining he couldn't find a job then disclosed he'd spent all his money on a Mitsubishi Lancer and indulging his female bodybuilder fixation on various pay sites, among other things.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Veskit posted:

Nobody really talked about the BFC superstars

Like Zaurg who had crippling debt and a wife that couldn't stop spending so everytime he'd almost come close to getting his act together she would buy a house or conjur up 30k in debt for devry university or demand a baby.

Or Tuyop who said he had ultimate job security in the military so budgeting wasn't as important. Turns out he didn't have that level of security.

OR what about the boat guy who swore up and down he could save tons of money if the banks would just lend him enough money to buy adn dock a boat in minnesota.

Alos Muerte walked across 20 miles of SF for bipolar awareness that was pretty loving great but had nothing to do with BFC.

It's so nice to see Zaurg finally free but his BWL is still going on by sending his kids to private school because his ex wife wants it

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I remember the AOL Search logs from when they first ran. It's weird to think I have spent time on SA for well over a decade.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Veskit posted:

From the last page of that thread:

pentyne posted:

No one really cares if you no longer update this thread. This entire thing is a sideshow amusement that for the next 5-10 years or as long as SA is around will be casually mentioned in threads, people demanding a link to this thread, then this thread getting posted and a batch of replies in the vein of "lol holy gently caress that thread is hilarious"

:allears:

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
My favorite thing about Blue Story was how smug she was about her absolutely appalling life. I do hope and trust that the kid is OK though.

I didn't know Zaurg got a divorce!!! That gif was so excellent in every way.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh God the AOL chat logs. I remember those from before my pre-account days.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I liked Zaurgs thread because, even ignoring his wife spending money like crazy, he would also post a bunch of spreadsheets and triumphantly crow about saving twelve dollars or whatever that week, then drive by post his own thread about how he was going to a college football game and spending a bunch of unbudgeted money then disappear for the weekend. It was like he thought he was pulling one over on all the dorks who weren't in crippling debt trying to help him out

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

TFA was a serviceable movie but it wasn't amazing by any means. I wonder if BS husband felt a pang of regret buying all those toys after seeing the movie

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've heard about the BS thread in the past but never bothered to read it till now. Holy poo poo there thousands of billable hours of therapy there. The random shuffling of the budget each month to fit what they actually spent :psyduck:

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
Does anyone else remember the thread about the vapid doofus who lived in a tiny urban apartment in Australia with a couple kids, but she was bound and determined to get some giant gently caress-off dog that is horrible with kids and requires many hectares of land? It followed the classic goon timeline of:

Goon: I want to do this thing.
SA: Do not do the thing.
Goon: But I really want to do the thing.
SA: The thing is bad and will end tragically. Do not do the thing.
Goon: I just did the thing and it went tragically.
SA: gently caress you and the thing.

Mr. 47 has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Aug 16, 2016

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember Benny the Snake? He made an e/n thread about how his mom threatened to throw out his comic books (he was in his 30s). The thread went on for years as goons tried to convince him to get a job and move out of his parents' house. He got a few jobs but inevitably got fired within a week for being a moron. I remember he got fired from a dishwashing job for accidentally smacking the owner's wife in the face with a frying pan.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The gimmick "First post" account that was around for a good couple months before being permabanned for stealing all the first posts.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Mr. 47 posted:

Does anyone else remember the thread about the vapid doofus who lived in a tiny urban apartment in Australia with a couple kids, but she was bound and determined to get some giant gently caress-off dog that is horrible with kids and requires many hectares of land? It followed the classic goon timeline of:

Maremma Sheepdog iirc.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Mr. 47 posted:

Fishy fishy: I wanna get a maremma Sheep dog
Pet Island: Do not do the thing
fishy fishy: I also have an autistic preteen + his cat and a preemie baby and I'm getting a maremma sheep dog
Pet Island: this is the worst idea and here's why. I'm an experienced sheep dog owner of XX years trust me.
fishy fishy: ugh why aren't any of you being helpful
Pet Island: this dog will eat your cat, preemie baby, and autistic 12 yo child in that order
fishy fishy: says nothing because she's abandoned the thread
Pet Island: hey this person popped up on other sites saying the maremma sheep dog she just got is displaying dangerous behavior to her autistic 12 yo.......... huh.

Edit: the follow up: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?293116-How-to-find-a-farm

"He is a maremma sheep dog! He is so beautiful and cuddley but he has started guarding me! :shocked face: When my children are around, he used to love them, now he is starting to see them as threats! :shocked face:"

Edit 2: " Our Dog. Kirby. Kirby is a Maremma sheepdog and is HUGE! We had a problem with him for a while with the kids but we got that all sorted out. He is always roaming our yard making sure everything is AOK before coming inside. When he is inside he just lays still and DD is usually all over him. DS has dubbed him "sit, sit, sit." Whenever DS says it, Kirby walks up and lays down in front of DS. " from here, posted a few months later. She still has the dog and no one is dead. Pet Island success story?

value-brand cereal has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Wedemeyer posted:

[url="http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3090725"]Fishy fishy: I wanna get a maremma Sheep dog

Thank you, that's even better than I remembered. Jesus, that was Groverhaus levels of idiocy, there.