Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Uh, I don't think alternate Goku is in any position to brag.

It isn't Future Goku's fault you can't punch your own heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It still baffles me that a senzu bean can cure a hand through the heart, but it can't cure a heart virus? :psyduck:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Maybe Goku should've torn out his own diseased heart, and used a senzu to grow a new zenkai boosted one.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The senzu would have just healed the virus, duh.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Gruckles posted:

Maybe Goku should've torn out his own diseased heart, and used a senzu to grow a new zenkai boosted one.

That would have been the most metal thing ever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A disease reproduces to fast, a hand through the heart is a one time thing!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait what if the only way to kill Black Goku is by infecting him with the heart virus?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bulmas genius has killed them all then.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder if Future Gohan has both his arms

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Raxivace posted:

The senzu would have just healed the virus, duh.

this is always what i figured was the reason

after all, the heart virus didnt really start wrecking him until after he ate the senzu and powered up the viruses

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm sad this game isn't leaving Japan but at least the internet is nice enough to upload the parts that matter. Namely, fusions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePBF2PJhp4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ikSHM8OcA

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm sad this game isn't leaving Japan but at least the internet is nice enough to upload the parts that matter. Namely, fusions!

Yamcha + Vegeta = Bulma's worst nightmare.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hell yes @ radditz + nappa

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

that 18 + arale fusion is kind of rad

a lot of these are really good

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

Are we confirmed to not be getting it?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aurora posted:

Are we confirmed to not be getting it?

well it's out now in japan and not so much as a mention from bandai-namco about a US release yet

so unless they're waiting for Dragon Ball Super to get it's US release, we're probably just not getting it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Oh man, the designs on some of those outfits are pretty amazing. I hope they bring some of that to Xenoverse 2.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Did this game give us the Vegito/Gogeta fusion we've been demanding for decades? Because I'm boycotting this series if it didn't.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

Did this game give us the Vegito/Gogeta fusion we've been demanding for decades? Because I'm boycotting this series if it didn't.

This is Bulmas plan to defeat Zeno, if the time comes. She can just use a time machine to make infinite copies of Goku/Vegita, so they can do a recursive fusion with infinite power.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, there's a lot of fusions in Fusions, and yet, no Vegetto + Gogeta. At least you can just Maxi Fuse a bunch of characters of your choice together, even if the final result is entirely generic and based on the race and gender of the main fusee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6J79c8qFA8

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Man, there's a lot of fusions in Fusions, and yet, no Vegetto + Gogeta. At least you can just Maxi Fuse a bunch of characters of your choice together, even if the final result is entirely generic and based on the race and gender of the main fusee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6J79c8qFA8

No Maxi-Fusion unique to the 5 members of the Ginyu Force together is a major missed opportunity. :(

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The "main villain" is also a Maxi Fusion made up of your rival, cell, freeza, and two randos

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Maxi Fusions are kind of a neat idea even if it's hard to implement in an interesting way in a video game. It looks like they only last about 10 seconds or something like that?

But yeah they should have had some special ones for the Ginyu Force, all of the Androids, that kind of stuff. Could have been cool boss fights

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
So in regards to Future Trunks timeline, did it ever occur to them to maybe after beating the androids try going to namek and use their dragon balls?, hell Trunks could of even asked the Kai's after beating Dabura about dragon balls. Like how long does someone have to be dead before the dragon balls flat out refuse to revive people

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SirDrone posted:

So in regards to Future Trunks timeline, did it ever occur to them to maybe after beating the androids try going to namek and use their dragon balls?, hell Trunks could of even asked the Kai's after beating Dabura about dragon balls. Like how long does someone have to be dead before the dragon balls flat out refuse to revive people

They didn't know the location of New Namek and couldn't ask the earth Dragon where it was. Basically impossible to find, it's just somewhere in space

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Couldn't they have called out for King Kai like they do?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Ghost Goku and King Kai could probably figure it out, but hey what does he care. All his friends are already hanging out with him in Other World, why do they need to be wished back.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
Echoing the sentiment that Maxi-Fusions should've been thematic. It seems to be just a random assortment of characters fusing, and the resulting fusionman doesn't look anything like any of them, anyways.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Gruckles posted:

Ghost Goku and King Kai could probably figure it out, but hey what does he care. All his friends are already hanging out with him in Other World, why do they need to be wished back.

I doubt anybody but maybe Goku has their body. And King Kai only have needed under pressure of a galactic evil. The androids were confined to earth so why should the gods care. It makes sense Kaioshin would come when Buu arrived.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

sharktamer posted:

Couldn't they have called out for King Kai like they do?

Isn't Trunks in Super trained by the Supreme Kai? I'm pretty sure he can use instant transmission and can find out where Namek is to do a solid for the guy that literally stopped the end of the universe.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Yorkshire Tea posted:

the guy that literally stopped the end of the universe.

It takes a bit of the tension bite away from the Buu saga to know that, if Buu was too successful and ended up destroying too much Beerus, Whis or Xeno could have stepped in at any time and crushed him. It was kind of cool when Supreme Kai was top celestial dog, and also a weakling :v:

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Isn't Trunks in Super trained by the Supreme Kai? I'm pretty sure he can use instant transmission and can find out where Namek is to do a solid for the guy that literally stopped the end of the universe.

I think he was just warned about Buu by Supreme Kai, not actually trained.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah there was no training trunks just immediately went to go fight them, went super saiyan 2 mid-fight with dabura, and killed them both

because future trunks don't play

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Something that I always wonder would be what if Trunks had been the one killed by the androids and Gohan was instead the one that went back in time one arm and all. I mean Trunks is a rad character but I always just think that it would be thematically cool.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Testekill posted:

Something that I always wonder would be what if Trunks had been the one killed by the androids and Gohan was instead the one that went back in time one arm and all. I mean Trunks is a rad character but I always just think that it would be thematically cool.

They needed to create Trunks, to have more super saiyajins. They couldn't very well let Krillin be relevant again after Goku powered up a billion zillion times on Namik. I mean Bulma and Vegita as a couple doesn't even make any sense.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rutibex posted:

They needed to create Trunks, to have more super saiyajins. They couldn't very well let Krillin be relevant again after Goku powered up a billion zillion times on Namik. I mean Bulma and Vegita as a couple doesn't even make any sense.

It would have been interesting to see Goku's transformation push Krillin to be better and better because of their childhood rivalry. Even if he ultimately failed and nothing changed, seeing him frustrated and training ultra hard would be entertaining.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In DBM news, Bra's finisher is looking cool enough that I'll forgive the mild cheating it took to get there. She might be a bit of a mary sue, but Alternate Bra is still a Lady Who Gets To Do Things in (sort of) Dragon Ball, and that's neat.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spiritus Nox posted:

In DBM news, Bra's finisher is looking cool enough that I'll forgive the mild cheating it took to get there. She might be a bit of a mary sue, but Alternate Bra is still a Lady Who Gets To Do Things in (sort of) Dragon Ball, and that's neat.

Yeah whats with her Janemba-ing all over the place?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah whats with her Janemba-ing all over the place?

I think it's some magic she trick picked up from the Kais or Vegito. Looks like she's leaving a statue behind when she warps around, it gets hit and breaks, and the pieces glomp onto Cold and hold him in place for the final blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

It takes a bit of the tension bite away from the Buu saga to know that, if Buu was too successful and ended up destroying too much Beerus, Whis or Xeno could have stepped in at any time and crushed him. It was kind of cool when Supreme Kai was top celestial dog, and also a weakling :v:

why would berrus care? and it's probably too far below Xeno to notice like by the time majin bu goes from one end of the universe to the other the first few planets could easily be repopulated and have grown back into life

• Locked thread