Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Chisa didn't really slit her wrist so ehhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Baal posted:

The new episode was not terrible for once and I actually enjoyed seeing Komaru and Toko again.

I was excited to see them too until they decided to ruin it with a loving pantyshot. :cripes:

"Hey, remember all that awful poo poo we did in UDG? Well, here's a reminder!"

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I wonder if Tsumiki and the Super Naegi Siblings are distant relatives, given Komaru's proclivities

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kay Kessler posted:

I was excited to see them too until they decided to ruin it with a loving pantyshot. :cripes:

"Hey, remember all that awful poo poo we did in UDG? Well, here's a reminder!"

Tbf, it's not like the series has been averse to that since fuckin Mikan exists

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
they need to compensate for Nidai's dick bulge.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Baal posted:

Tbf, it's not like the series has been averse to that since fuckin Mikan exists

Yet only one of the two was involved in a molestation minigame.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm looking forward to togami fixing this poo poo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm looking forward to togami getting blown up or something because it was monaca's idea that they make that call

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Can't wait until Naegi and co. blow up a wall and Asahina goes out running and her bracelet explodes.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That would be amazing

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't wait for Hagakure to stumble his way into destroying the game and saving the day by complete accident

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

can't wait for baby junko to be swayed over to naegi's way of thinking without her realising

kinda want this to happen

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kay Kessler posted:

Yet only one of the two was involved in a molestation minigame.

Yeah, it got weird when they let you pet the four devas.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Butt Ghost posted:

Also I guess happy ending confirmed, because 30% is a window small enough for Naegi to bullshit.

Hagakure's prediction has Gekkogahara using the Monomi avatar. He shouldn't know about that, so my money's on the prediction being right.

Also, Togami said Monaka was hiding somewhere in Towa City (which was the reason for getting Komaru and Toko involved at all), which would mean she's not actually in the building.

fractalairduct fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 16, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think Kamakura and Hajima are the same person now, like he's still the ultimate badass whatever but he wants to live as Hajima and is more about protecting his buddies now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm surprised the fact that he slaughtered like 15 people doesn't faze him

does he have the biggest bodycount in this series?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Onscreen, yes. But I think it's implied the other Remnants killed much more people than he did.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Kay Kessler posted:

Onscreen, yes. But I think it's implied the other Remnants killed much more people than he did.

If I had to pick anyone from the Remanants with the highest killcount, even indirectly, I imagine it'd be Sonia or Kuzuuryu. Being either a princess/mob leader gives you a lot of power to kill, even if indirectly.

It's a weird episode in that nothing really happened other than finding an extra victim, just introducing a bunch of old faces into the situation.

voltcatfish posted:

I'm surprised the fact that he slaughtered like 15 people doesn't faze him

does he have the biggest bodycount in this series?

It's more like 10 though, there were 5 survivors including himself.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I'm not too worried about Hajime/Izuru. We don't know much about Izuru, although I think they said in the second game that he didn't have his memories as Hajime, which would have been fixed by the neo world program. Just because a bunch of warships just bores him, it doesn't mean that Hajime is gone from him. I always assumed the two personalities merged, and the new personality taking parts from both.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Mahiru is probably the most dangerous despair. I mean, she has a body count on par with everyone else and she's just a photographer.

Imagine the kind of stuff she'd have to do to keep up with the people with talents that make murdering easy. :ohdear:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Mahiru is probably the most dangerous despair. I mean, she has a body count on par with everyone else and she's just a photographer.

Imagine the kind of stuff she'd have to do to keep up with the people with talents that make murdering easy. :ohdear:

Propaganda and despair inducing photos are what I assume the tools of her trade are so it's about as Despair inducing as Dancing and Light Music.

Regarding the episode, the deaths are all sorta following the patter in DR1 and 2, right? #3 is the double homicide and the next will be the suicide iirc.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

also they didn't show sakakura so maybe that jerk is the third dead victim and we don't know yet

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

voltcatfish posted:

also they didn't show sakakura so maybe that jerk is the third dead victim and we don't know yet

Nah, all the dead people are accounted for. It started with 16 survivors, and we're now down to 10. Including the latest corpse found, that's 6 people killed. Sakakura hasn't bitten the dust.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
The fact that Tengan knew stuff about the attacker and in his death he made a dying message to give more hope to Naegi still makes me think this whole thing is the project that he mentioned in the last episode and the project is to use this game to give Naegi even more hope.
I thought that the whole "broadcasting to the outside" was part of that plan to show the world Naegi's hope but it looks like it's not since there's no broadcast but it's weird Monokuma would lie about that, normaly he doesn't lie about that stuff.

Also there's the fact that after Tengan died the whole game turned weird, the knife that was used to kill Chisa and Gozu(who is missing from Gozu's body when Kirigiri was cheking it by the way) was not used to kill Seiko and then Izayoi possibly died because he did his forbidden action(eating sweets maybe) and someone took the thing that stabbed Seiko to stab him to make him look like the attacker killed him. Ruruka is the most suspicious but even if she did that the question would be why? Even if she gave him candies and killed him on purpose there would be no reason to disguise his death because she could just say she didn't know was his forbidden action was and it was all a accident.

And I still don't know about Monaka and Munakata whole deal in this is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

IceBorg posted:

The fact that Tengan knew stuff about the attacker and in his death he made a dying message to give more hope to Naegi still makes me think this whole thing is the project that he mentioned in the last episode and the project is to use this game to give Naegi even more hope.
I thought that the whole "broadcasting to the outside" was part of that plan to show the world Naegi's hope but it looks like it's not since there's no broadcast but it's weird Monokuma would lie about that, normaly he doesn't lie about that stuff.

Also there's the fact that after Tengan died the whole game turned weird, the knife that was used to kill Chisa and Gozu(who is missing from Gozu's body when Kirigiri was cheking it by the way) was not used to kill Seiko and then Izayoi possibly died because he did his forbidden action(eating sweets maybe) and someone took the thing that stabbed Seiko to stab him to make him look like the attacker killed him. Ruruka is the most suspicious but even if she did that the question would be why? Even if she gave him candies and killed him on purpose there would be no reason to disguise his death because she could just say she didn't know was his forbidden action was and it was all a accident.

And I still don't know about Monaka and Munakata whole deal in this is.

If Izayoi's death was Ruruka's fault even by accident I don't think she wants anyone to know.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Considering that Ruruka is already incredibly insecure about being unable to use her talent in a way to impress her "best friend", I imagine feeding candy to Izayoi and killing him would destroy her.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

She couldn't be more obviously responsible so I hope it's a set up.

He did find that secret room which was covered by a bookshelf again this ep. And Munakata could be involved, people think the sword he has in the credits might be the one that Izayoi turned down in favor of the gun, which is also missing.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 16, 2016

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Eeepies posted:

Nah, all the dead people are accounted for. It started with 16 survivors, and we're now down to 10. Including the latest corpse found, that's 6 people killed. Sakakura hasn't bitten the dust.

Well in that case, one of the people assumed to be dead may still be alive to keep the numbers even.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

LostRook posted:

Well in that case, one of the people assumed to be dead may still be alive to keep the numbers even.

We just got told that Miaya is dead. Maybe she was counted.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kay Kessler posted:

At the beginning they were called "million-class criminals" which doesn't bode well for anything they did. They probably killed a whooooooole lot of people, directly or otherwise. I assume Izuru got bored of murder after doing it once so his kill-count is likely pretty low.

Also I think Zero says that the student council members were actively trying to kill each-other, so Izuru might not be personally responsible for that entire thing but he definitely had a kill-count there. I'm guessing it involved Chiaki somehow, because Despair.

I'm kinda interested in the specifics of how the first mutual killing game went, because it seems to be the only one that actually went according to plan.

EDIT:

quote:

If I had to pick anyone from the Remanants with the highest killcount, even indirectly, I imagine it'd be Sonia or Kuzuuryu.

Maybe even directly, since Kuzuuryu is already a murderer like 3 episodes in. rip psycho lesbian, too pure for this world.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 16, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yinlock posted:

Maybe even directly, since Kuzuuryu is already a murderer like 3 episodes in. rip psycho lesbian, too pure for this world.

It's weird how they just kind of ignore this and Kuzuryuu seems to give no fucks about the fact that he murdered someone. The game definitely gives the impression that Kuzuryuu is not actually a bad person, so it's kind of strange for him to not display any sort of guilt afterwards.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!
I always assumed that Pekoyama was the one who killed Sato, either on Kuzuryuu's order (unlikely, given that Kuzuryuu wants her to stop seeing herself as his tool) or, as in the game, of her own accord (but for Kuzuryuu's sake). If it's the latter, that might explain why we're not seeing guilt on Kuzuryuu's part.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Didn't the game imply what happened in the sim happened in real life? Peko killed her under the assumption Kuzuryu wanted it, and he was shocked and confused at the result.

His "I'll kill her" bits probably being him trying to deal with his grief in that hardass way he tends to, though that does bring up the point that Peko should've realized he didn't actually have a killing intent? Unless he did. I could be completely off.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

You know, we really shouldn't be relying on the count at the opening credits so much. Remember that the two games also had a counter of surviving people, and for the first game, the count was only accurate at the end of chapter 4, with all of the other counts being wrong on the survivors.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

Didn't the game imply what happened in the sim happened in real life? Peko killed her under the assumption Kuzuryu wanted it, and he was shocked and confused at the result.

His "I'll kill her" bits probably being him trying to deal with his grief in that hardass way he tends to, though that does bring up the point that Peko should've realized he didn't actually have a killing intent? Unless he did. I could be completely off.

Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about that. It makes sense if Pekoyama killed Sato; it's possible Kuzuryuu might not even have known she did it.

Pekoyama is kinda hosed up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Good thing Peko wasn't there when Chisa threatened to cut Fuyuhiko in Episode 1.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

edit: nm misread post

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

BlazeEmblem posted:

You know, we really shouldn't be relying on the count at the opening credits so much. Remember that the two games also had a counter of surviving people, and for the first game, the count was only accurate at the end of chapter 4, with all of the other counts being wrong on the survivors.

Am i misreading something? Our dead people are Chika, Gozu, Bandai, Tengan, Seiko and Izayoi. It started at 16, now it's at 10. Gekko is technically still alive because the robot is still active in the game.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Eeepies posted:

Am i misreading something? Our dead people are Chika, Gozu, Bandai, Tengan, Seiko and Izayoi. It started at 16, now it's at 10. Gekko is technically still alive because the robot is still active in the game.

I'm just saying that it seems to count Hiro, who is not participating, and just because it shows that 10 people are alive, does not mean that there are only ten people there. I just think that it shouldn't be considered absolutely true for who is alive or dead.

Basically, I want to believe Juzo is dead because we haven't seen him and I hate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Juzo is a hero and he's going to save everyone

• Locked thread