Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

caberham posted:

You can send bags across the country and to the airport easily with these guys

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Almervida posted:

OK all jokes aside - am I allowed to bring my surfboard to an onsen?

I think most onsen are going to be too small to surf in?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Does the surfboard have any markings not from factory? It might be OK at some onsens.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Just draw an anime face on it. Anything goes in Japan if it's anthropomorphised hard enough.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Stringent posted:

I think most onsen are going to be too small to surf in?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Soricidus posted:

Just draw an anime face on it. Anything goes in Japan if it's anthropomorphised hard enough.
Yeah, play it off as a regional mascot from wherever you're from

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
why would you take a surfboard to an onsen

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

The Great Autismo! posted:

ride roughshod over a crowd of wrinkly old man balls.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

please don't waifushame

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Hanging ten is something that the world must be privy to, brah.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Almervida
Apr 3, 2006
That fin box placement. I'm going to have an aneurysm.

Also, I have changed my trip plans from visiting my host family and catching up on lost time to strictly taking my surfboard to various places in Japan. Sumimasuckitjapan.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I will buy you an avatar cert if you post a picture of you and your surfboard in an izakaya when you're visiting Japan

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I will buy you an avatar cert if you post a picture of you and your surfboard in an izakaya when you're visiting Japan

This would be so easy.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This would be so easy.

that's why I offered him an AV cert and not something like 100 bucks

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's a surf themed izakaya at my station, can I go and take a picture with a surfboard for an av cert?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There's a surf themed izakaya at my station, can I go and take a picture with a surfboard for an av cert?

if you seemed even a twentieth as committed to your surfboard as the other dude I may say yes, poo poo if you need five dollars that badly I may say yes if you actually do it

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
what's wrong with your av tho

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

what's wrong with your av tho

Nothing, I just remembered about that izakaya.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nothing, I just remembered about that izakaya.

there's a cool cowboy themed one where my wife grew up, it owns

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

TV news this morning mentioned an izakaya where employee mistakenly put a jug of ethanol into the chuuhai machine and nobody noticed for a whole week.

(Mandatory health incident public report. No customers made claims.)

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

Ethanol-based sanitizer is like 65% ethanol. Shochu is like 20-25%. That's like buy 1 get 2 free in terms of drunkenness. Sounds like a new nomihodai option just waiting to happen.

When the story first broke I thought someone used isopropyl instead, that could have been much worse (it's poisonous past like 200ml, so 5 drinks?)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

poison drank so what

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Visiting Tokyo 26th till the 8th. Staying with a friend, but she's going to be busy the first part of the week because she's studying for some exam. I like to drink and party hardy, but mostly want to try some of that hyped up wagyu beef. I'm also complete weeb trash. Anything advice of poo poo to do?

Also, I'm coming from 'Murica. Any advice on what I should do for a sim-card? I don't give a poo poo about voice, but data is pretty important for work reasons.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
You must buy a surfboard, and then take the shinkansen to the beach to meet up with Almervida and become Japan surf buddies.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SweetBro posted:

Visiting Tokyo 26th till the 8th. Staying with a friend, but she's going to be busy the first part of the week because she's studying for some exam. I like to drink and party hardy, but mostly want to try some of that hyped up wagyu beef. I'm also complete weeb trash. Anything advice of poo poo to do?

Also, I'm coming from 'Murica. Any advice on what I should do for a sim-card? I don't give a poo poo about voice, but data is pretty important for work reasons.

http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/

Also, buy a Suica as soon as possible.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Aredna is the main party dude but he's counting calories or something??? You need LINE CHAT

Only registered members can see post attachments!

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

SweetBro posted:

You should commit seppuku. But the most Japanese way to do it is to jump out of the Chuo line.

http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/product.html

or

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Japan

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

peanut posted:

Aredna is the main party dude but he's counting calories or something??? You need LINE CHAT

Aredna is super fun and nice guy

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
If we can work out some time I'm happy to take people out for the night. I'm doing a diet thing so I'm going out a lot less and typically drinking less (or even not at all on some of those nights).

Also lots of other people in the group chat are out various nights of the week. Join up and remember to turn notifications off.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Aredna posted:

If we can work out some time I'm happy to take people out for the night. I'm doing a diet thing so I'm going out a lot less and typically drinking less (or even not at all on some of those nights).

Also lots of other people in the group chat are out various nights of the week. Join up and remember to turn notifications off.

If you are into running we can run around the imperial palace, easy 5k

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

I'm gonna be in Japan for a couple weeks from August 28th, I basically have nothing planned for three days after my friends head back to Canada ahead of me on the 6th so I'm open to suggestions. Basically for the time I'm with them we're going to Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, and Osaka so I was thinking I might just use my JR pass to go all the way west to Hiroshima then Fukuoka to hang with goons or something.

How do I get in on this Line chat, just add peanut from that QR code?

Almervida
Apr 3, 2006

CrazySalamander posted:

You must buy a surfboard, and then take the shinkansen to the beach to meet up with Almervida and become Japan surf buddies.

I do need somebody to take pictures of me..

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Aredna posted:

I'd be down. Also what group chat is this?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
The same one that everyone is talking about and peanut posted a QR code to

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

peanut posted:

Alright, I made it so.

Also, you can drink and diet. Just stick to clear spirits, like vodka :D

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 23, 2016

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Hey goons adding me by qr code you have to start a chat with me too.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone personally rented a motorcycle from a place in Tokyo? I'm visiting a relative soon and wouldn't mind renting a bike for a few days. Looking for a real motorcycle that can do highway speeds, not moped/scooter.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Origin country?

There's more than a few places that rent out bikes, a CB400 was about $100/day (I converted when it was 120JPY to USD back in 2015) when I looked into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
US. I have a motorcycle license here and am getting an IDP soon. I see the cb400 listed for around that same price now on a couple sites. It's what I would probably go with, because I used to own a cb600f. I was just curious if anyone has actually rented one, anything to look out for, most scenic roads etc.