Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Welch just reminds me of the old days where hearing Laura Bailey was guaranteed to make you cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Inferior posted:

I was on the fence about Welch, but then I listened to her theme music on repeat for ten hours and now I love her and her comedy antics.
, he typed, on a keyboard stained with bloody tears dripping past his unnaturally wide, rictus grin.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Momomo posted:

Welch just reminds me of the old days where hearing Laura Bailey was guaranteed to make you cringe.

And to think only four years later she would be the President of the United States.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

LP's been fun so far, thanks! I really enjoyed your Final Fantasy and Last Story LPs, and I know basically nothing about this game besides a lot of people saying it's bad. I played a bit of Star Ocean 3, and the opening here seems pretty dull in comparison... though it does mean you get to start exploring and fighting monsters quite a bit sooner.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

chrisoya posted:

"Here's a ship. Your mission is to go away, and come back to save us from the 666th Guards Heavy Space Elf Armoured Assault Brigade. But mostly just get off this planet."

"You see, we're sending out three ships. The C ship will be all factory workers, soldiers, farmers, the basic working class you need to keep a society functioning. The A ship, that one's going to be leadership types, so we have some direction. But you, you lucky dog, you're getting the B ship! B is for best, and also somehow first. You go ahead, we'll catch up. Don't worry. We'll be right along."

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:
Episode 9: Grossly Abusing Authority to Get Some Private Action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnkg85lcLHQ

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I know this game is never going to get good, but does it at least get silly before too long?

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:

FractalSandwich posted:

I know this game is never going to get good, but does it at least get silly before too long?

I don't know about silly per se but I imagine that people familiar with the game are "eagerly" awaiting next video 'kay?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'll take it. Silly, crazy, stupid. Anything. As long as it starts being aggressively bad, it might at least be entertaining. So far all there is to even make fun of is Blade Firebrand's name.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
It would've made much more sense if their tree-person party was deployed along with various groups to scout or something instead of hilariously just being apparently the only ones able to do anything...

I bet Faize is just obsessed with the fact Edge uses a sword.

Alavaria fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 12, 2016

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

wateyad posted:

I don't know about silly per se but I imagine that people familiar with the game are "eagerly" awaiting next video 'kay?

Christ, already? For some reason I thought we had at least another few hours to go.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

wateyad posted:

Episode 9: Grossly Abusing Authority to Get Some Private Action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnkg85lcLHQ

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

wateyad posted:

:cripes: it begins

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hahaha, that Star Trek rear end music when the ship starts taking off.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you told me that you'd added that music as a joke, I would believe you.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Oh good it wasnt just me think the music sounded like star treck

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

goatface posted:

If you told me that you'd added that music as a joke, I would believe you.

It's also the music that plays when you have the disc selected in the PS3 menus, so they're pretty proud of it.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
That happy(?) face Reimi makes looks like it belongs on someone from Drakengard.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm just gonna assume Edge's old job was just some bullshit they made up to get him out of the way.

Also these fuckers need to blink more they are loving unnerving. It's like they suddenly remember "oh yes, hu-mans need to periodically close and open their eyes I should do that now to keep up my disguise". It's just at the right frequency to make it weird.

Also I get why it's there but that compass in the UI on a space ship is making me laugh.

wateyad posted:

Oh gosh I just realised that the poo poo but relatively inoffensively so thing I remembered was actually really loving annoying. Now I just remember that it was actually terrible but only vague details.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Alavaria posted:

It would've made much more sense if their tree-person party was deployed along with various groups to scout or something instead of hilariously just being apparently the only ones able to do anything...

I bet Faize is just obsessed with the fact Edge uses a sword.

Haven't you seen Lord of the Rings?

Tree people get poo poo done.

(Unlike Edge.)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I love how the (probable) villain of this game is the only person to say "hey wait, why are we giving our most powerful ship to a bunch of teenagers?"

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love how the character named Edge is the complete opposite of his name while some giant edgelord looking motherfucker shows up like he was vat-grown in a fantasy Hot Topic.

Seriously who the hell designs uniforms that don't even cover the vitals? Even Reimi's butt-tacular outfit covers her TORSO.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

I love how the character named Edge is the complete opposite of his name while some giant edgelord looking motherfucker shows up like he was vat-grown in a fantasy Hot Topic.

Seriously who the hell designs uniforms that don't even cover the vitals? Even Reimi's butt-tacular outfit covers her TORSO.
Does anyone else use random bits of plate stuck on to their clothes?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Alavaria posted:

Does anyone else use random bits of plate stuck on to their clothes?

There's another character later on with rather questionable and terrible fashion choices, yes. I mean, beyond what you would consider standard.

wateyad posted:

:allbuttons:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I hope you visit the mirror dimension and meet Center Bythebook who is just Edge with a goatee.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Middle Conformist would have a sensible haircut and a neatly trimmed full beard, in full accord with Navy rules on facial hair. He would probably be dressed like Mr Rogers.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

wateyad posted:

I literally cannot wait for the thread's reactions to The Worst Character. :allears:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Oh, you think that one's the worst? I feel like there's at least two that are even worse.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

The best thing about The Worst Character is that the game wants to play their storyline really seriously, while it is like the most offensively "WHAT" design in the game.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

goatface posted:

Middle Conformist

Middle Conformist? You mean Limp Straightedge right?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Nah. Probably Dull Sheepley.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

wateyad posted:

Oh good lord. I had repressed that memory.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Oh man, I asked my bro to lend me his Star Ocean games a while ago because I heard they were fun, but after reading through this thread and looking over SO4 copy sitting over on my table, I feel like I should experience this monster firsthand.

I'm not sure whether playing 4 as my first SO is the best or worst idea.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rastan Beeza posted:

Oh man, I asked my bro to lend me his Star Ocean games a while ago because I heard they were fun, but after reading through this thread and looking over SO4 copy sitting over on my table, I feel like I should experience this monster firsthand.

I'm not sure whether playing 4 as my first SO is the best or worst idea.

It's perfectly playable gameplay-wise, it's just that the usual jrpg routine of rewarding you beating a boss with story progression comes as cruel self-inflicted punishment instead.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I just caught up on this, so this is about the Eldarian ship: Am I wrong, or does every single door in the ship feature the spinning visage of Space Elf Stalin above it? Is it a face? Is it someone we know?

Here's a shot:

Kangra fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 15, 2016

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I can see a face in that sigil as well, but that seems to be more happenstance than intentional. At most that glyph just seems to be there to look cool.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
It looks like an album cover for a rap artist's fourth album where he's getting heavy into symbolism and experimenting with EDM.

For real, it looks like a dude in a flat brimmed ball cap and high collared coat.

Or a sashaying bunny rabbit in a dress.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I thought it was a rabbit playing the saxophone.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

I thought it was a rabbit playing the saxophone.

Oh, it's playing with something alright :quagmire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

You can't spell "lyfe" without "elf".

I'm getting dumber every loving day

• Locked thread