Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

RVProfootballer posted:

well i agree that we definitely need a CB, arguably more than any other position.

I'd still say striker is worse tbh. But both are needed pretty badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

MSwen23 posted:

There was also an article in which Lyden was quoted saying he had a good conversation with Mile at Bodymoor while he had his medical.

The can't pass comment is worrying having watched Westwood for years, but I do suppose (pray to God above) he can't be worse?

Westwood is a better passer than Jedinak.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
wenger must walk

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Liverpool have supposedly turned down a 23m bid with 7m in add-ons from Palace for Benteke because they didn't like the add-ons.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

I'd still say striker is worse tbh. But both are needed pretty badly.

I'd rather rely Sanchez or Walcott up top than have Koscielny, Chambers, Gabriel, Monreal, and Holding as the only options in defense all year. That's dire. Koscielny misses any time and it's disastrous, and he can't play every minute. Goals will come from midfield and wide players, even if Walcott at center forward, for example, is far from ideal.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Yeah thats a poo poo defense

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd rather rely Sanchez or Walcott up top than have Koscielny, Chambers, Gabriel, Monreal, and Holding as the only options in defense all year. That's dire. Koscielny misses any time and it's disastrous, and he can't play every minute. Goals will come from midfield and wide players, even if Walcott at center forward, for example, is far from ideal.

These are good points but also Walcott and Sanchez are really poo poo at center forward.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

obviously now the CB situation is dire but if we actually had mertesacker or gabriel as options i would rather pin my hopes on the rest of the defense/defensive midfielders covering for their mistakes than walcott somehow becoming consistently good

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

That is pretty good, I wonder if Torino will have time to find a replacement. That's two of their starting defenders (although Peres is more of a wingback) gone this summer, and Maksimovic went AWOL earlier this week.

They announced signing Rossettini from Sampdoria today, who I can't remember ever noticing him in any way.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Arsenal should get a new manager.

they wont

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Arsenal is funny

also funny is the reappearance of Man U posters

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Dope springs eternal

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Westwood is a better passer than Jedinak.
Westwood is loving poo poo and every supporter loathes him he can't do anything

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

hadji murad posted:

Arsenal is funny

also funny is the reappearance of Man U posters

They're back, in Pogba form

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Reminder that Holding and Chambers are fourth and fifth choice centerbacks. What planet do you guys live on where a team registers six centerbacks? Jesus Christ.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Wally

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
In actual transfer news Bournemouth have signed Marc Wilson from Stoke for around £2m. He's dropped down to 4th or 5th choice cb with Stoke so it was probably time for him to move on. He has been quite critical of the clubs training regime on twitter so it seemed like his days were numbered anyway. I can't disagree with his criticism but to air it publicly on twitter was pretty loving stupid.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Blue Star Error posted:

Didn't this exact situation actually happen with Man U under Van Gaal and they ended up playing buddy cop duo Blackett and McNair in central defence?

Yes. Away to Arsenal in Van Gaal's first season. They won.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Vegetable posted:

Reminder that Holding and Chambers are fourth and fifth choice centerbacks. What planet do you guys live on where a team registers six centerbacks? Jesus Christ.

What is really needed is a Mertesacker replacement. He has maybe one season left after this one and his flaws have become more and more obvious. He shouldn't be the main defensive partner.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Mertersacker and Gabriel wouldn't get into the team of the other top six clubs though

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

straight up brolic posted:

Mertersacker and Gabriel wouldn't get into the team of the other top six clubs though

Both are better than John Stones.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Gabriel has been really bad. Mertesacker is decent, but only has a year or two left and barely borders on being good enough anyway.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

sassassin posted:

Both are better than John Stones.
nah, John stones had some high profile gently caress ups last season but he's generally good, while Gabriel is abysmal outside of being the right build

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Bea Nanner posted:

What is really needed is a Mertesacker replacement. He has maybe one season left after this one and his flaws have become more and more obvious. He shouldn't be the main defensive partner.

Not to mention Kosc is out of contract next summer and is 31 in September.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Gabriel is abysmal outside of being the right build

He's also named after Xena's special friend

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Liverpool have supposedly turned down a 23m bid with 7m in add-ons from Palace for Benteke because they didn't like the add-ons.

Yeah, about that...

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/765489333554049024

Just offer us £27m Palace come on

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

I hope the £7m add-on was in the event that Liverpool win the league.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah, about that...

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/765489333554049024

Just offer us £27m Palace come on

Just recognize he was a massive mistake and move him on for a cut rate price

Or idk, continue to pay big wages, never play him and let him quietly gently caress off to turkey in a year or two

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Pretty sure Mertesacker is better than most of City's centerbacks. Though Pep would never play him.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I've got some news to help this thread heal. Fernando Forestieri has been fined, and has apologised, for even thinking about agitating for a move to derby county!

Plus we have also signed former Man U midfield ace David Jones (3 goals in 131 games for Burnley).

Look and learn, wengy.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Vegetable posted:

Pretty sure Mertesacker is better than most of City's centerbacks. Though Pep would never play him.

It's not hard to be better than "literally don't exist"

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

I raised this news on the previous page. Looks like its not just Arsenal defenders who are slow...

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Breath Ray posted:

The defender's Holding, the midfielder's Coq

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

cant they just uninstall them?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gabriel has been really bad. Mertesacker is decent, but only has a year or two left and barely borders on being good enough anyway.

gabriel isn't much worse than koscielny was in his first season, to be fair

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Westwood is loving poo poo and every supporter loathes him he can't do anything

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

nah, John stones had some high profile gently caress ups last season but he's generally good, while Gabriel is abysmal outside of being the right build

When was his "generally good" period?

He went from Everton youth player with "potential" that Martinez would be lenient with re: frequent costly mistakes so he could develop, right to established player that Martinez hosed up because he still makes frequent, costly mistakes (1 for 1 in his City career so far).

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
*loads up trp* Loads of new posts, looks like a lot of Arsenal chat. Looks like Wengy did some busine.............oh

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
I don't think City will let in 4 goals at home against a mid table side. Well, not once Bravo arrives at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

8bitlawd posted:

I don't think City will let in 4 goals at home against a mid table side. Well, not once Bravo arrives at least.

They let in 4 goals against us last season and one of them was a Skrtl longshot, and if they've gotten better, well we've gotten better too funnily enough.

• Locked thread