Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
I don't want DC to go back into the dumpster tho, they seemed to really like each other and they got 2nd! Hopin w33 is doing a bit of trolling there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Dota rumors are oddly accurate. I wouldn't bet against that team being real. It could be a hoax/joke/troll, but my :10bux: is on it being an actual Thing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

n0tail retiring would be super sad though :(

(don't even mention the other reason he wouldn't be on the team because that's even worse)

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Bardeh posted:

So W33, Miracle, Misery, Cr1t and Fly. That's a pretty fuckin sick team if they all work well together.

This'd be the first time I'm not routing for whatever team n0tail's on. (Although, I had mixed emotions when he and misery were playing with EE.) Also pretty interested to see how they'd work out the captain role. I assume it'd go to Misery, since his drafts at TI were amazing, but Fly seems to be more comfortable as a leader than a follower.

E:

IcePhoenix posted:

n0tail retiring would be super sad though :(

(don't even mention the other reason he wouldn't be on the team because that's even worse)

He did sort of sound like he wanted to take a break at least in that one interview they did after they lost to TNC.

Joda fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 16, 2016

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
OG hardly seems like a likely disband, given the incredible success they had this year and the fact that they seem pretty drama free internally?

Even then, I mean yeah wee is obviously a more skilled player than n0tail, but I'm really not sure about Misery over Moon as an improvement. Moon might be crazy but his performances over all have been really solid and often game-winning.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Well, the way I see it, there's no reason to post this as anything but a teaser for the fans. As a troll, it's not interesting, funny or worthwhile. Is w33 the kind of rear end in a top hat who'd tease about two teams breaking up just for shits?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
loving with people on twitter doesn't mean you are an rear end in a top hat, only that you have a pulse.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Sumail getting rid of his loving terrible frosted tips is the best thing to come out of TI6.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Sumail getting rid of his loving terrible frosted tips is the best thing to come out of TI6.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Those frosted tips earn more money than you, dumbass!!!!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Very High Wage

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Radical posted:

Very High Wage

Lol

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Radical posted:

Very High Wage

same

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Need to pull a barrel roll in my arwing before sumail starts spitting polygons at me

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Goon Success Story. Buy my bestselling book "How to make Old and Bald Work for YOU" available now at my house.
phew, now that was some tournament y'all

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Yeah it was alright

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Pyrion Flax posted:

did you get to keep your puppet

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Pyrion Flax posted:

Sure was, very well executed!

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Goon Success Story. Buy my bestselling book "How to make Old and Bald Work for YOU" available now at my house.

Tangents posted:

probably not. currently negotiating.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Pyrion Flax posted:

it'd probably just end up confusing your kid more than anything else

e: see if you can get someone *else's* puppet, then you've always got a co-caster

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pyrion Flax posted:

Were you guys the ones manipulating the puppets or did they have people to do it for you?

Also if the latter how much of that banter was you guys just loving with them and seeing what you could get them to do?

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Were you guys the ones manipulating the puppets or did they have people to do it for you?

Also if the latter how much of that banter was you guys just loving with them and seeing what you could get them to do?

professional puppeteers. we just sat behind the desk messing about and hoped they could keep up. we were told to play it pretty straight tho and just not reference it at all.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tangents posted:

Kind of rude to talk about Shane like that imo

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Leave bald son out of this it's not his fault.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/MSSDota/status/765483689941737472
shane is great

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pyrion Flax posted:

professional puppeteers.

drat, they really went all out huh

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tangents posted:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bardeh posted:

So W33, Miracle, Misery, Cr1t and Fly. That's a pretty fuckin sick team if they all work well together.

did you miss the tweet at the top dude. he was kidding

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I wonder if slacks is into kinky stuff. I bet he likes being kicked in the balls, thats how he got the voice

Pyrion Flax posted:

ok real talk real questions. How often do weird nerds awkwardly and grossly hit on Sheever and Kaci? Are there pro players who will not make eye contact with them?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Finally getting some reshuffling rumours. Possible 8 digit transfer fee for Maybe to go to VG. Rumoured lineup is:

1. Burning
2. Maybe
3. Old eLeVeN
4. Lanm
5. (Unconfirmed)

with Rotk as coach. Dear lord, they're not going to stay retired huh. Reddit thread for those who care

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Knowlue posted:

Finally getting some reshuffling rumours. Possible 8 digit transfer fee for Maybe to go to VG. Rumoured lineup is:

1. Burning
2. Maybe
3. Old eLeVeN
4. Lanm
5. (Unconfirmed)

with Rotk as coach. Dear lord, they're not going to stay retired huh. Reddit thread for those who care

doomed to fail with burning on the team.

Also EE and Bulba look like they are both out of secret.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

did you miss the tweet at the top dude. he was kidding

It's part of :thejoke: my friend. "anyone felt miserable", MWMFC for Miracle/w33/Misery/Fly/Cr1t... I mean it might still be a hoax but I stand by my assessment that it makes no sense as one.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
who needs burning when you can have VG.Arteezy

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wings gaming literally just won TI and amazing players like Maybe are joining up with washed up players like burning. SMH

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

The REAL Goobusters posted:

doomed to fail with burning on the team.

Also EE and Bulba look like they are both out of secret.

Don't get my hopes up with EE leaving please.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I want EE and RTZ to be on the same team forever.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

highly recommend that reddit thread about LGD if you want to watch people struggle to grasp the concept of "contracts" like they've never worked a day in their lives before

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Damnit Burning I loved you as a player but the game has passed you by. Stay retired and keep casting with RotK instead.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Radical posted:

highly recommend that reddit thread about LGD if you want to watch people struggle to grasp the concept of "contracts" like they've never worked a day in their lives before

More likely they've never worked a salaried job, but I always love watching people struggle with concepts like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Pyrion Flax posted:

Tell them that the forums users of renowned comedy site something awful dot com think you should have it, I'm sure that'll sway them.

• Locked thread