Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
As a rogue sneaking through a fully spawned plane of hate my findings are that the zone is very similar as it was pre-revamp for the first floor - at least from my experience. It seemed like only the roaming liches and scorned banshees could see through hide.

I was warned about the ramp - when going up the ramp stay as far away from the wall as you can and when you reach the top go south immediately as there is screwy top floor aggro with that corner.

Book was there and I am now safely in WC.

Also, the wizard who ported me up had never even been to plane of hate - but still insisted after i cautioned him on its dangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Nilbog posted:

I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete. Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.

Was checking in on the p99 forums today and saw that this was posted a few days ago. This was first mentioned over a year ago, and then not a peep about it despite all the questions and threads asking about it . Glad to see the speculation that they decided against it was wrong.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I've been logging back in here recently and tooling around with my bard and I'm discovering that for whatever reason my mouse likes to randomly hitch when I'm trying to swarm kite at low levels and it's getting me killed too often to be lucrative xp wise. So I've been tooling around with the idea of rolling another character. Anyone able to sound off on demand for Clerics vs Shamans currently? I know cleric demand is always high, I just didn't know if there were enough people playing them to drive down their demand overall. I also know Clerics can be dull as all hell to play too, though being able to rez is a huge boon.

Edit: Would it be worth it to go high elf cleric for their amazing cultural tradeskill platemail or is it better to go for dwarf/halfling for small size and better strength?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 8, 2016

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

Anyone able to sound off on demand for Clerics vs Shamans currently?

Shaman's can solo pretty well and Clerics are more group dependent. It depends on your play style.

If I had neither class, I'd go with Cleric. But you gotta do what ya gotta do.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I guess it doesn't matter in the end, because talking to my brother, he was wanting to get into the game since we couldn't pull a D&D group together, he decided he wants to SK and I'll duo with him as a shaman. Since we only plan on doing that once or twice a week I guess it gives me a chance to play cleric during the time we're not grouping.

We're going to roll up our characters tonight. Is anyone who can do guild invites going to be around this evening?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I can tag you tonight sometime after 7pm ET. I'll be on Sqid, just msg me.

Aerosol
Jan 27, 2008

well alright then

Ramulack posted:

As a rogue sneaking through a fully spawned plane of hate my findings are that the zone is very similar as it was pre-revamp for the first floor - at least from my experience. It seemed like only the roaming liches and scorned banshees could see through hide.

I was warned about the ramp - when going up the ramp stay as far away from the wall as you can and when you reach the top go south immediately as there is screwy top floor aggro with that corner.

Book was there and I am now safely in WC.

Also, the wizard who ported me up had never even been to plane of hate - but still insisted after i cautioned him on its dangers.

If you port up with an IVU on the rogue he can just walk to the book. But you're in for a bad time if Inny is up.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

DeathSandwich posted:

I've been logging back in here recently and tooling around with my bard and I'm discovering that for whatever reason my mouse likes to randomly hitch when I'm trying to swarm kite at low levels and it's getting me killed too often to be lucrative xp wise. So I've been tooling around with the idea of rolling another character. Anyone able to sound off on demand for Clerics vs Shamans currently? I know cleric demand is always high, I just didn't know if there were enough people playing them to drive down their demand overall. I also know Clerics can be dull as all hell to play too, though being able to rez is a huge boon.

Edit: Would it be worth it to go high elf cleric for their amazing cultural tradeskill platemail or is it better to go for dwarf/halfling for small size and better strength?

I chose Dark Elf for my Cleric for Hide, the snare click neck (Regent Symbol of Innoruuk, which is also available to Inny worshiping Troll Shamen), and they look cool, IMO. As for tradeskilling, I hope you have a lot of money to burn if you're going down that route.

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 9, 2016

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Did they ever get around to nerfing Circlet of Shadow? Just curious.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Siets posted:

Yes, it was nerfed on the last patch.

Anyone got a corroded plate helm or breastplate MQ for sale? My warrior needs to look spiffier.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Siets posted:

Yes.

People have been trying to sell at outrageous prices but there are still far too many on the server to demand such a price.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well shoot. I always planned to farm a second one for sale. I will never part with my necro's. :rip:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

Well shoot. I always planned to farm a second one for sale. I will never part with my necro's. :rip:

they are currently selling for 9-10k

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Pratan posted:

Yes, it was nerfed on the last patch.

Anyone got a corroded plate helm or breastplate MQ for sale? My warrior needs to look spiffier.

I have a bp any offer accepted as I have been unable to give the thing away. Your gems.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

shirunei posted:

I have a bp any offer accepted as I have been unable to give the thing away. Your gems.
You can give to me, I will gladly take it off your hands. Otherwise 5k for the BP sound ok? I have the gems on me, and can get a ride to GD later tonight. I'll be on Thistledown around 6-7 est tonight. Can port you over and back on my mule also.

Beast British
Mar 12, 2006

Help yourself to some fethers but leave my fork alone.
What are the best third party log parser/tools that are allowed on P1999? I've already found that map tool and it's absolutely fantastic.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
GamParse is still the main popular parsing program.

Gina is useful for audio triggers, although I don't know that it really provides value on P99.

The map tool is awesome because a goon wrote it :)

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Is someone in a position to check if Neriak has a shaman trainer in the foreign quarter? I'm duoing ogre shaman/SK with my brother and I'm going to be super annoyed if I have to trundle to Oggok or grobb every time I need to train or buy spells. I know they added a shaman trainer to Neriak at some point on live, I just can't remember if it's during Velious era or if it was later.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 16, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

You cropped that image out literally the line before the thing that points out that maybe there's not a shaman guild there, coupled with wikis sometimes not being up to date, hence me asking:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

so make a level 1 DE and look?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I did the ogre shaman/sk duo with my brother and what I did was just buy my spells as far in advance as I could. I also level a Druid to 34 so I could port him back to train when he needed to. And occasionally I'd go back and train as well if needed but I tried to avoid the run.

Of course if you're playing blue that's going to be far more of a pain in the rear end. I did it on Red where at least leveling up the Druid to 34 wasn't so bad thanks to the xp bonus and I think at the time some goons helped PL as well.

It's pretty amazing the lengths I went to not make that run.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Is a third NTOV guild even possible right now given the current pulling strats and the zone layout?

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

a real jerk posted:

Is a third NTOV guild even possible right now given the current pulling strats and the zone layout?

WIth the windows reset you can see CSG folks buying the DA idols in ec this week if you watch for it. Safe bet to assume they will be running on some targets now that they have a chance with A/A preoccupied with literally all of tov/every other raid mob in a 20 hour window. They do tend to wipe on their pulls though but I've witnessed rustle/CSG do a few west mobs like gozzrem already while A/A were feuding over NToV poo poo.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i started a wizard on blue for soloing.

i am not a smart man :smith:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Hey guys,

Discord server was just enabled over at eqpvp.com and their Legacy of Zek server. I know at least some of my old Red crew were interested in this and I'm sure there are more people in the woodwork that were waiting around for the Project99 Discord server that never got finished.

Here's what I've confirmed so far about the eqpvp Discord:

- Server has been wiped
- Permadeath in PvP (not PvE at the moment, though if players want they'd be willing to change this)
- Full itemloot on corpses
- No Drop code disabled
- FFA
- 5 Level Range
- No guard buffs/town capturing
- PvP points only thing kept on death (if you're familiar with the point system from Zek)
- Anyone can loot corpses
- Faster than normal XP (same as before for this server)
- Same ruleset otherwise as Zek at end of Season 1

I'm working with the devs to iron out a few kinks but these things all appear to be working. The server was just reset TODAY so if you're interested, now is the time to start up!

This just went live today with no real announcement so people haven't realized it exists yet, hopefully that changes :P

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 23, 2016

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

cmdrk posted:

i started a wizard on blue for soloing.

i am not a smart man :smith:

I forget what level you can start quadding but once you do it really is pretty quick. Maybe in the 30s?

I quadded raptors in TD from 52-->58 over the course of like 1.5 weeks.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

As a wizzy, you can and should start quadding at 20. At that level you don't need a snare spell to kill stuff, only a sow. I highly recommend getting a flux staff to help pull. Hit me up on Thistledown after Tuesday of next week and I'll help you get one (currently on holiday).

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I Love You! posted:

Hey guys,

Discord server was just enabled over at eqpvp.com and their Legacy of Zek server. I know at least some of my old Red crew were interested in this and I'm sure there are more people in the woodwork that were waiting around for the Project99 Discord server that never got finished.

Here's what I've confirmed so far about the eqpvp Discord:

- Server has been wiped
- Permadeath in PvP (not PvE at the moment, though if players want they'd be willing to change this)
- Full itemloot on corpses
- No Drop code disabled
- FFA
- 5 Level Range
- No guard buffs/town capturing
- PvP points only thing kept on death (if you're familiar with the point system from Zek)
- Anyone can loot corpses
- Faster than normal XP (same as before for this server)
- Same ruleset otherwise as Zek at end of Season 1

I'm working with the devs to iron out a few kinks but these things all appear to be working. The server was just reset TODAY so if you're interested, now is the time to start up!

This just went live today with no real announcement so people haven't realized it exists yet, hopefully that changes :P

I'm jumping in on this when I get home.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Inimicul posted:

You were the bard Topsy Turvy? If so, you and I used to terrorize BW as a bard duo.

Edit: Anyone remember the link to the goon alt spreadsheet?

Yep, my main is/was Topsy - haven't been on P99 in a long while tho.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Pratan posted:

As a wizzy, you can and should start quadding at 20. At that level you don't need a snare spell to kill stuff, only a sow. I highly recommend getting a flux staff to help pull. Hit me up on Thistledown after Tuesday of next week and I'll help you get one (currently on holiday).

good to know regarding quadding. tflux staff sounds great, I may take you up on that! my name in game is Haughty.

I'm actually enjoying the wizard solo playstyle of spend all of my mana burning poo poo down then tab out and do other poo poo while I med.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
I've been searching for this but I haven't been able to find any useful or practical information, so I thought I'd ask you guys: does anyone here have any experience with running p1999 on other platforms like an android tablet? Does anyone know if this is at all feasible?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The closest thing I've seen is someone using VNC to remote into a PC and run it from there. As you can imagine, resolution and mouse/keyboard are all significant hurdles you'll need to overcome.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Meatgrinder posted:

I've been searching for this but I haven't been able to find any useful or practical information, so I thought I'd ask you guys: does anyone here have any experience with running p1999 on other platforms like an android tablet? Does anyone know if this is at all feasible?

android tablets typically can't run Windows programs because they usually use a different CPU architecture. I'm sure there are some emulators out there but trying to run EQ would be dogslow if its possible at all. and, yeah, EQ is pretty keyboard/mouse driven so you'd need to solve that as well.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

cmdrk posted:

android tablets typically can't run Windows programs because they usually use a different CPU architecture. I'm sure there are some emulators out there but trying to run EQ would be dogslow if its possible at all. and, yeah, EQ is pretty keyboard/mouse driven so you'd need to solve that as well.

There is a Mac client, it would be possible to have the client work on IOS devices. That said I dont think the Mac client can talk to PC servers at the moment.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Orange Red Bull posted:

they are currently selling for 9-10k
In a way it's amazing that on a server such as P1999, where people knew like 5 years in advance that they'd be removed, the price still spikes when the nerf actually happens. I bought one before just the nerf just to stash away because of that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Got into this again recently with some friends and have been playing on Red. We're playing casually so just a few times a week. I really wanted to stick to Blue because of the larger server population but the progression on there is just miserable when you're only playing casually. On Red we can login and group and knock off a bunch of levels easily thanks to the xp bonuses. On Blue it's probably faster not to group which makes me sad. Of course Red has 1 10th the population (if even that) but oh well.

Sounds like the new server - if and when they do it - will be a Blue retread but with progression that mirrors original EQ. That sounds fun and I probably will play that if it ever comes out.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
I wish they'd launch a blue server that stays on each era of the game for a little longer. Like, a year of classic and then a year of kunark and a year of velious would be perfect, with maybe some type of custom content that opens after velious. The original progression just felt too fast to me; I remember only being like level 35 when Kunark first came out. Man those were the days :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

P99 had a couple years of classic and like 4 years of Kunark before Velious hit...