Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/FNC_Spirit/status/765607755587526656

Poor spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ironsoviet posted:

So Yellowstar can't beat Dyrus' worlds streak now? Sucks for him, I guess, but that series was sad.
Fnatic still get to play the gauntlet. But it, uh, doesn't look hopeful.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

"promise me you wont kys"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

What did the tweet say its gone?

Can't FNC still go to worlds via gauntlet? I mean they probably wouldnt win it, but they arent out of it yet right?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Jerkface posted:

What did the tweet say its gone?

Can't FNC still go to worlds via gauntlet? I mean they probably wouldnt win it, but they arent out of it yet right?

"I'm gonna kill myself ggh2k"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

H2K just needs one more Bo5 win for worlds :shobon:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That did not live up to the hype at all.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man i'm so happy for forgiven. first time fnatic will ever not make finals tho, wow.

also the bot lane stream with zven and mithy was so good. lots of insight, funny poo poo, it owned.

e: vvv oh drat you're right. :( vvv

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 16, 2016

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Fnatic didn't make it to the finals last split either when they lost to g2 in the semi finals.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
aw rekkles and forgiven exchanged shirts too

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Didn't see the FNC vs. H2K game live, but this Krepo/Zven/Mithy version of the stream has been excellent so far.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

more savagery:

https://gfycat.com/EquatorialThreadbareHuemul

Libertine fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 16, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sure, Fnatic had terrible pick ban and no idea what they were doing, but they made the playoffs and where is Deilor at? Exactly.

Febiven: 1
Deilor: 0

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Wow FNC somehow managed to beat TL for worst coached series of the playoffs. Maybe wait for the offseason to fire your coach? :shrug:

Nthing that the bot lane stream was great.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Just a heads up. Hai is streaming right now, a game of rioteers and casters on skype.

Riv and Zirene are just talking poo poo to each other while Riot tries to kill itself.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's a weird rumor about some kind of military operation going into affect in South Korea that China doesn't agree with, and the entertainment industry is outright kicking Koreans out of the country in protest, and there's a lot of people in China that feel like Tenecent/Chinese Gov. might kick out Korean players too.

Just a rumor but apparently all the Korean/Chinese message boards are going crazy about it. :v:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Real talk though you don't want to kick out the Koreans who have insane macro play those are the ones that will lead their country to victory in war.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Faker will use his assassin skills to murder Chinese military officials.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I would love to see H2K make it to worlds for a host of reasons.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I just watched HKE vs AHQ from last night and I'm not sure HKE even know what year they're in anymore. Corki ADC and Kindred jungle 3 straight games. Wowza, what are you doing Dinter

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am surprised that a bunch of super nationalist chinese equivalent of reddit posters are talking about how all of the koreans are going to be kicked out of the lpl for a racially pure league!! also they are definitely the ones who decide this.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This is hilarious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTh3IMOryeY

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

other than the super loving dumb "triggered" that was really good, ya

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

oh my god i love g2 so much

this is the poo poo video it's a parody of if anyone missed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKNqBdD9RnQ

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

G2 video is sick. Flame is part of game baby.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ahq vs flash wolves is on

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
did you guys see the new iem qualifications thing?

http://en.intelextrememasters.com/news/how-league-of-legends-teams-will-qualify-for-intelR-extreme-masters-season-11/

not perfect but so much better than past years, i think we'll get some decent tournaments

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's such a shame LMS only gets to send 2 teams because their Top 3 look so much better than NA's 2nd and 3rd or EU's Top 3 :negative:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

honestly the lms pick ban seems intensely stupid and the bad teams seem really, really bad. the flash wolves have cool line stickers for steak tho

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the biggest shame in pro league is that riot's prize pools for LCS and worlds are insanely low and therefore IEM has to be kept low as well

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I can't believe Riot hasn't increased the prize pool or won't even do something like sell a compendium like DOTA 2 does to raise the pool with crowdfunding. I mean literally all you would have to do in the second case is give away some random esports icons and skins and put a mini game in the client or something and you could raise the prize pool several million dollars effortlessly.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the reward for winning worlds si you should be allowed to do one crime, consequences free.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

how is anyone gonna beat SKT if faker gets to kill one other midlaner every year

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

how's faker even going to win worlds if he can't 1v1 the mid laner of the 9th place european lcs team, fnatic

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Libertine posted:

I can't believe Riot hasn't increased the prize pool or won't even do something like sell a compendium like DOTA 2 does to raise the pool with crowdfunding. I mean literally all you would have to do in the second case is give away some random esports icons and skins and put a mini game in the client or something and you could raise the prize pool several million dollars effortlessly.

I much prefer riots method of giving all the pro players a baseline salary + money for gaming house to giving SKT five million dollars every year.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd like a racially pure league, keeping in mind that hauntz0r and 2xlift are white asian.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

how's faker even going to win worlds if he can't 1v1 the mid laner of the 9th place european lcs team, fnatic

elo hell exists and febiven is trapped in it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'd like a racially pure league, keeping in mind that hauntz0r and 2xlift are white asian.

hey keven have you heard several stupid people are convinced that all korean imports are going to be lawfully removed from china and sent back to play for whatever team in korea to play for cans of dog food and six hours a week of gaming at the computer cafe

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

hey keven have you heard several stupid people are convinced that all korean imports are going to be lawfully removed from china and sent back to play for whatever team in korea to play for cans of dog food and six hours a week of gaming at the computer cafe

if it means we get manliest player ever gogoing back i'm cool with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Yea. I have heard that, actually. (Thinking to myself: just now when you said it)

• Locked thread