Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

cut him in half down the middle so that both eXXon and Jordan can have a Logan Brown

I take Logan Couture, then Jordan can have Mike Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Logan Brown makes me miss Jason Allison and Chris Gratton

bring back huge mean dudes who can play

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jason Allison wasn't so much mean as angry and bitter about how loving slowly he skated.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I just realized I have the Canucks's top two prospects gently caress

Demko is probably ahead of Juloevi for the time being. Still, those three are genuinely top tier prospects so there's nothing to be ashamed of. The rest of that depth though...

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

ThinkTank posted:

Demko is probably ahead of Juloevi for the time being. Still, those three are genuinely top tier prospects so there's nothing to be ashamed of. The rest of that depth though...

will lead me to the 2019 Stanley Cup Championship yes I know

eXXon posted:

Jason Allison wasn't so much mean as angry and bitter about how loving slowly he skated.

he had that Joe Thornton mean streak when he was good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfkgyEh491U (well this is when he was less good but yeah)

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 16, 2016

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Reasons for one of you saps to draft Michael McLeod: http://nhlnumbers.com/2016/6/23/tracking-the-ohl-s-draft-eligibles-2015-16-season-data

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

will lead me to the 2019 Stanley Cup Championship yes I know

I was referring to the Canucks lack of prospect depth.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

ThinkTank posted:

I was referring to the Canucks lack of prospect depth.

I think it's still probably better than the Devils. Although Quenneville is looking really promising.

e: gently caress I just realized the Blackhawks got Debrincat and I'm angry again

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 16, 2016

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
so what are we going to do for the guys who dropped out? like theres one guy who's 30 mil under the floor lmao

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stab posted:

so what are we going to do for the guys who dropped out? like theres one guy who's 30 mil under the floor lmao

let's all get together and communally draft him his last 10 players or whatever

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
gently caress it! Give me John Tortorella

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Toronto takes Paul MacLean to coach this team.

E: Toronto takes Jack Roslovic.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 16, 2016

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ginette reno already took t-mac

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I have the cap space to take him and still be capable of making a big move at the deadline, so let's take Jonathan Bernier to be my backup instead.

JVR - Thornton - Radulov
Vesey - Bonino - Iginla
Baertschi - Barzal - Burrows
Martin - Gordon - Grabner
Shinkaruk

Karlsson - Vlasic
Gardiner - Franson
Tryamkin - Carrick
Corrado

Allen
Bernier
Montoya

Guy Boucher

I think it turned out alright. My biggest concern aside from all the question marks on offense is the sheer amount of players on my team becoming UFA at the end of this season.

Yaya fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 16, 2016

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Oh hey, Vladislav Kamenev is still available. Guess I have my centre prospect now!

THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS ROSTER

L. Eriksson - S. Stamkos - R. Smith
K. Fiala - V. Trocheck - J. Donskoi
V. Arvidsson - M. Grigorenko - M. Read
P. Bellemare - S. Laughton - M. Salomaki

T. Barrie - O. Klefbom
C. Murphy - R. Murray
A. Petrovic - T. Sanheim
J. Wisniewski

F. Andersen
J. Korpisalo

HC - Peter DeBoer

Minors - B. Leipsic, V. Kamenev

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 16, 2016

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Oh hey, Vladislav Kamenev is still available. Guess I have my centre prospect now!

Technically I drafted him two rounds ago, but I dropped him because I realized there was only two rounds left and I needed a backup and a coach. So you're welcome :colbert:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Give me Brayden Point to fill out my prospects.

My Team I guess

Gaudreau - Couture - Parenteau
Namestnikov - Stastny - W. Nylander
E. Kane - Grabovski - Aho
Greening - Nestrasil - Rychel

Alzner - Letang
Lindell - E. Johnson
Koekkoek - Hultstrom/Chychrun

Mason
Pickard

Minors: Point, Saros

Technetium fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 16, 2016

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Ian Cole

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I want a defensive prospect but I'm an idiot so I'ma take some time reading poo poo about dudes who are obscure to me.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Technetium posted:

Give me Brayden Point to fill out my prospects.

My Team I guess

Gaudreau - Couture - Parenteau
Namestnikov - Stastny - W. Nylander
E. Kane - Grabovski - Aho
Greening - Nestrasil - Rychel

Alzner - Letang
Lindell - E. Johnson
Koekkoek - Hultstrom/Chychrun

Mason
Pickard

Minors: Point, Saros

Nice I was going to pick him but I needed to fill the coach slot

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Parise-Bergeron-Simmonds
Steen-Kadri-Buchnevich
Beleskey-Karlsson-Pirri
Larsson-Smith-Josefson
Mantha

Doughty-McNabb
Werenski-Hamonic
Pysyk-Cole
Postma

Elliot
Johnson

Coach: Julien

AHL
Clayton Keller

Not unhappy with a single player I have.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

lazerwolf posted:

Nice I was going to pick him but I needed to fill the coach slot

I forget where I saw him but I remember being very impressed and his numbers in the WHL are simply filthy.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Parise-Bergeron-Simmonds
Steen-Kadri-Buchnevich
Beleskey-Karlsson-Pirri
Larsson-Smith-Josefson
Mantha

Doughty-McNabb
Werenski-Hamonic
Pysyk-Cole
Postma

Elliot
Johnson

Coach: Julien

AHL
Clayton Keller

I'm unhappy with several players you have.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

you should be

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

my starting roster is done but I need 3 prospects/scratches but I have no idea where to go with them so I'll just look at prospect lists and pick random ones who are available

i'll take ilya sorokin first because i know him at least

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Menamino posted:

my starting roster is done but I need 3 prospects/scratches but I have no idea where to go with them so I'll just look at prospect lists and pick random ones who are available

i'll take ilya sorokin first because i know him at least

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2652458-ranking-the-top-50-nhl-prospects/page/2 is a decent list

The NHL 30 in 30 has also been good but they're not close to done yet.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I was mostly going off of Scott Wheeler's most recent Top 60 Drafted Prospects he did on Pension Plan Puppets

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2016/7/20/12212480/2016-top-60-drafted-nhl-prospects-ranking

e: hence my Sebastian Aho pick

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

T-Bone posted:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2652458-ranking-the-top-50-nhl-prospects/page/2 is a decent list

The NHL 30 in 30 has also been good but they're not close to done yet.

cool thanks, it's reassuring that the 2 guys I was planning to take were at least listed on it

I'll take jake bean because he has a good, non-busty name and kiefer bellows because he's in my team's prospect pool and also has a cool name

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jake bean is the hockiest name i've heard in a while. you managed to draft a lot of islanders

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Oak Hewer because he's a real person that exists and played the game of hockey professionally

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jake bean just got bested

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

jake bean is the hockiest name i've heard in a while. you managed to draft a lot of islanders

yeah once we got very late in the draft I only had a few guys around the league who I really wanted and they always got scooped up right before my pick so I just went with guys who I knew the best out of laziness. I should've had one more Islander but I thought people forgot Matt Barzal existed and that he would get back around to me one round but he got taken in that window.

final squad looks like

Marchand - Tavares - Ehlers
Cammalleri - Brassard - Kucherov
MacArthur - Ribiero - Lee
Komarov - Cizikas - Condra

Streit - Tanev
Benn - Petry
Mayfield - Pulock

Halak
Berube

Coach Hitchcock

AHL/KHL: Sorokin, Bean, Bellows

should have some exciting games with this squad win or lose

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Oak Hewer because he's a real person that exists and played the game of hockey professionally

The hell

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Right now I'm bummed out about Demko being taken the pick before mine and I'm not 100% confident in picking Vesey as early as I did, but the person behind me wanted him so I guess it was now or never on him.

I didn't really have a plan going into the draft but when Karlsson was available at my first pick I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to do a gimmick where the Oilers are the best defensive team in the league" and that kinda dictated my draft strategy from then on.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Yaya posted:

I didn't really have a plan going into the draft but when Karlsson was available at my first pick I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to do a gimmick where the Oilers were the best defensive team in the league" and that kinda dictated my draft strategy from then on.

Did you pick a defensive player with your second pick hahahahahahahahahahaauguhglbpl

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I knew I should have drafted Slab Bulkhead

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Who on my team is an albatross/possession black hole that I don't know about? Parise has a bad contract because of the length, but it's the only bad contract I can see, and it's not like Parise still won't be really good for several more seasons. Pirri isn't great but he had a down year and if he signs somewhere he'll come up with 15+ goals and help my powerplay. My fourth line is three guys with awesome fancies, including one of the best young shutdown forwards in the league. Cole/Postma aren't too good but they're serviceable considering they're 6th/7th D, especially Postma, who is fast and has had good fancies his entire career in limited playing time.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Technetium posted:

Did you pick a defensive player with your second pick hahahahahahahahahahaauguhglbpl

Nah I took Jumbo Joe in the second round

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
for my final pick.. a good depth forward who i've felt has been pretty underrated: John Mal Mitchell

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Who on my team is an albatross/possession black hole that I don't know about?

My issue with your team is not that they don't all play a good possession game, it's that, aside from Simmonds and I guess Parise, you've forgotten that hockey teams have to score goals too. You're going to have a lot of 2-1 games, and not a good power play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

I was mostly going off of Scott Wheeler's most recent Top 60 Drafted Prospects he did on Pension Plan Puppets

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2016/7/20/12212480/2016-top-60-drafted-nhl-prospects-ranking

e: hence my Sebastian Aho pick

I totally forgot about Conor Garland man Arizona's system is nuts

• Locked thread