Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pyrion Flax posted:

probably not. currently negotiating.

offer to pay them in hat sales for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Pay with advance proceeds of new "Puppet Flax" Announcer Pack.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
My favorite TI memory is sitting in front of a loud EE fan during their game. Getting to listen to the meltdown live was a treat.

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Goon Success Story. Buy my bestselling book "How to make Old and Bald Work for YOU" available now at my house.

sugar free jazz posted:

ok real talk real questions. How often do weird nerds awkwardly and grossly hit on Sheever and Kaci? Are there pro players who will not make eye contact with them?

nerds rarely speak to women, you've outed yourself as a non-nerd. GET HIM.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Knowlue posted:

Don't get my hopes up with EE leaving please.

Ee took off his secret banner and secret info from his bio.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

are we regretably in for the long haul with slacks

edit: pflax can you or someone at the very least convince him to use his normal voice?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think that is his normal voice

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Tweak posted:

are we regretably in for the long haul with slacks

edit: pflax can you or someone at the very least convince him to use his normal voice?

we've been in the long haul for a long time now dude

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

looking forward to TI19 grand finals hosted by mecha tobi and slacks

IcePhoenix posted:

I think that is his normal voice

it isn't wildly different but he definitely puts it way on, unless he changes his voice specifically to talk to people off camera

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Goon Success Story. Buy my bestselling book "How to make Old and Bald Work for YOU" available now at my house.
can confirm that is just slacks' voice.

can also confirm I think he's really funny and awesome and he is a lovely guy.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

he certainly sounded different when overhead around key arena so idk then

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Ok another serious actual question.

Pflax say you're at a family reunion eating beans on toast and hare from the morning's hunt and a distant cousin asks what you do for a living, what do you say? How do you explain what an esports panelist and commentator is?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I thought PFlax was going to challenge Cap to a duel when Cap accused him of never playing dota anymore.

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Bad Moon posted:

I thought PFlax was going to challenge Cap to a duel when Cap accused him of never playing dota anymore.

it was tempting but I don't know what I could beat him in. he's younger, fitter, has hair, is stronger and is better at dota.

sugar free jazz posted:

Ok another serious actual question.

Pflax say you're at a family reunion eating beans on toast and hare from the morning's hunt and a distant cousin asks what you do for a living, what do you say? How do you explain what an esports panelist and commentator is?

this comes up a lot so I just say "I live stream and make videos about games and sometimes I go to live events to talk bollocks about them." which leads to about 30 minutes of head-scratching and bafflement.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

try telling them you're the john madden of videogames

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

pflax does purge smell as good as he sounds?

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

NmareBfly posted:

pflax does purge smell as good as he sounds?

he's incredibly well turned out in all regards

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Best TI? From a production standpoint it certainly seemed that way

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I missed the chance to play a game with PyrionFlax once because I went afk making a sandwich, this was 3 years ago and it's still my lowest dota moment.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Ramagamma posted:

I missed the chance to play a game with PyrionFlax once because I went afk making a sandwich, this was 3 years ago and it's still my lowest dota moment.

I did get the chance to play in a knockabout UK league with PFlax and Shane about a month after I started playing dota and let's just say "I know how to play Magnus" is a highly context-dependent statement (still my lowest dota moment)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ramagamma posted:

I played with Pyrion once years ago and a girl he was queuing with said I sucked.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vando posted:

I did get the chance to play in a knockabout UK league with PFlax and Shane about a month after I started playing dota and let's just say "I know how to play Magnus" is a highly context-dependent statement (still my lowest dota moment)

at least you didn't lose to nigma

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I talked poo poo to kotlguy in a pub once

I wasn't calling him some awful slurs or anything, but I still felt kind of bad when I found out it was him

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I went to TI6 finals and it was a lot of fun, also I am a terrible goon and did not get a photo with Pflax because I feel weird approaching someone I don't know and going "hey let me take a picture of you that I am also in"

Also I saw Bruno but he was in like full work mode talking super-seriously into a headset, while still rocking a really cool suit that was white with red(assuming, the lighting inside the arena is wild) splatters on it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Red Red Blue posted:

I talked poo poo to kotlguy in a pub once

I wasn't calling him some awful slurs or anything, but I still felt kind of bad when I found out it was him

I did the dame to one of the S2 devs and iNcontrol at IPL3 a few years ago.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Geight posted:

I went to TI6 finals and it was a lot of fun, also I am a terrible goon and did not get a photo with Pflax because I feel weird approaching someone I don't know and going "hey let me take a picture of you that I am also in"

It's perfectly fine to approach people and talk about how you're a fan or whatever, asking for a photo is only the awkward part.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I did the dame to one of the S2 devs and iNcontrol at IPL3 a few years ago.

if you feel bad about poo poo talking iNcontrol you got your life priorities wrong

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PFlax, what were your thoughts on the Monkey King interpretive dance?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sugar free jazz posted:

if you feel bad about poo poo talking iNcontrol you got your life priorities wrong

I kind of felt bad. He had been a decent guy while I did my dumb StarCraft 2 ~esports journalism~ stuff that whole weekend along with the rest of EG.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 16, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
a goon said the stairs thing to me at ti4

I was like bruh

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I was like bruh

The only goon I've talked with at TI has been LD, and during TI3 he told me the badcasts would not be coming back. :(

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

rip protokoll

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geight posted:

The only goon I've talked with at TI has been LD, and during TI3 he told me the badcasts would not be coming back. :(

Yeah but Pflax & Lewis Cast Scrub Dota might be coming back.

Sometime.

In 2017.

:unsmith:

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

Pyrion Flax posted:

can confirm that is just slacks' voice.

can also confirm I think he's really funny and awesome and he is a lovely guy.

I feel like you guys missed a great chance to prank him. If you had thrown it over to him with the news that Moo fell down some stairs and he needed to step up and play, do you think he would have had a heard attack?

This was the first TI I'd been able to get to and I was amazed at how generally friendly and knowledgeable the fans were. I guess I was expecting more of the generally unbearable assholes that populate the 3-4k pubs I play.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I was like bruh

That was me dawg. Didn't see anyone this year to do it to.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tfw you're drunk as hell playing brewmaster and go hard with ld and bruno.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
hey pflax, while you're here, i just wanted to let you know i think you've done an amazing job this TI and i really enjoyed seeing you host / commentate / whatever

big ups

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MelancholyMark posted:

That was me dawg. Didn't see anyone this year to do it to.

lmao

honestly the ti4 crew we had goin was so dope hopefully we can all meet up again next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

botany posted:

hey pflax, while you're here, i just wanted to let you know i think you've done an amazing job this TI and i really enjoyed seeing you host / commentate / whatever

big ups

thank you.

there were 99% normal and nice people at TI this year. previous years have been similar honestly. it's not like the sea of oddballs you might expect, most of them are really very normal.

but there are a few nutters and they always make themselves known. one of the most annoying this year was a kid who hung out near the panel area all day every day and grabbed us every chance he got to explain how he trolled people in pubs by wisp relocating teammates to terrible places and leaving them there. you can see him in the final segment when kaci and slacks are doing their wrap-up thing near the panel and he just starts talking to kaci like it's a conversation he's involved in.

they're harmless I assume. but always in the back of my mind when someone says "pflax!" is that I'll turn around to see a dude with an axe swinging at my head

• Locked thread