Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
giffan
Jul 10, 2012

The graphics looks nice, but the human animation is kind of weird in spots and the sound mixing is pretty awful. Hopefully the sound thing is just a result of IGN's player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Shoren posted:

gently caress, I wish you could submit a form to Square that says you're cool with a day one patch so send me the master version on 9/30. I mean, who the hell can afford a PS4 these days, but not access to the internet?

I just wanna say, a PS4 can be as low as like $250 if you get it secondhand. the standard internet around here (Comcast lol) is $60+ every single month.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am extremely relieved that they delayed it, now I feel more confident they'll actually solve the frame rate issue in time.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Titan demo ran at a near-perfect 30fps.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

morallyobjected posted:

I just wanna say, a PS4 can be as low as like $250 if you get it secondhand. the standard internet around here (Comcast lol) is $60+ every single month.

Dang that's cheap.brb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

morallyobjected posted:

lot of people have data caps too. if its like a 10gb patch or whatever there could be some lost sales/returns. they're praying for a mega hit which means a lot of people who don't game would theoretically be buying this game.

really though its probably because they realized sales of world of final fantasy would go up if they delayed

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lead-up to this game reminds me of the wait for FFVII. Mega hype back then, advertising, delays, people picking apart screenshots, dev interviews, combing over demos

Games have changed a lot in 20 years, but I'm feeling the magic and I hope XV is good. :)

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I'm still waiting for someone to fill me in on what this '4chan leak' was, did someone say it was going to be crap and about the delay and then the delay was confirmed? If so did they describe why it was poor?

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
So in that movie they just attacked a city with Diamond Weapon....

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Apparently the new gameplay footage should be out in the next 40 or so minutes. So just sit tight.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blackfyre posted:

I'm still waiting for someone to fill me in on what this '4chan leak' was, did someone say it was going to be crap and about the delay and then the delay was confirmed? If so did they describe why it was poor?

I never saw the leak myself, but it had a lot to do with the state of development behind the scenes and basically described it as a horrible, disorganized mess similar to FFXIII in its final stages - tons of hastily stitched-together content, exhausted staff, technical problems everywhere, et cetera. And yes, it did confirm at least one of the game's previous delays well in advance.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well it's not the gameplay (yet), but it is a teaser for the fourth episode of Brotherhood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hoCuLHkdzo

e: Scratch that, here we are! 50 minutes of gameplay. Note that this will contain spoilers for the opening of the game!

Terper fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 16, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They really downplayed the poo poo out of emotions by whoever directed the voice acting.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

50-minute gameplay blowout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9HQbSTxvXI

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
FF13 was a long bastard of a corridor (that I quickly came to skip fights in) but I loved it my first time through, it had quality presentation, combat and really great graphics for its time, so that gameplay video and what it makes the game's first three chapters look like didn't look hot or even warm, but I'll find out on my own. 104 days hahahahaaaa..

Tae posted:

They really downplayed the poo poo out of emotions by whoever directed the voice acting.

Really needed the 1930's gangster voice on that one NPC. If it's dual-language I'll be happy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh poo poo, Prompto's secondary weapons are Edgar's tools. Bioblaster and Auto Crossbow. :prepop:

Lots and lots of different costumes to wear.

Terper fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 16, 2016

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i love the english voice acting
this game keeps getting better

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i want all jrpgs to be set in the american south

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

This game seems amazing. The only problem I noticed was in the tomb the party popping offscreen during the ambush. Also the car drives fake as poo poo.

EDIT: Never read YouTube comments

EDIT2: For those curious here were the 4chan leaks

>Poster on 4chan correctly leaked the title of MS conference's FFXV demo (Trial of the Titan).

"Gentianas role in the story."
Gentiana is Shiva in human disguise. dogs are Shiva servants.

"who dies? who is final boss?"
Luna and the dad die, final boss is Ardyn, the red head guy
Luna dies
>King dies
Where the f*** is the happy ending then?
Noctis will get to see loli ghost Luna so it's okay. Also his bros are fine.

"can u romance aranea pls answer this"
You can't romance anybody

"What are all the summons, and how do they look?"
Titan, ramuh, carbuncle, leviathan, shiva, ifrit, bahamut.

" What recent changes have they made?"
Nothing they've changed recently would be interesting. They've got a lot of Luna/Noctis flashbacks they made to be thrown around in the last act of the game and they don't know what to do with them really

"Will Noctis become a King?
I guess you could say he becomes King, but doesn't have much to rule over by the end

"Give a basic plot outline. The script may not be finalised but you must have some idea."
There's a full script as of nov, its just changing because it's a mess.
>opens 10 years in the future fighting ifrit
>real game starts, being sent off for wedding
>on the way hear city got invaded
>set out to collect weapons of dead kings to be powerful and take back crystal
>also have to catch up to luna who's waking up summons
>when you get to luna red haired guy kills her
>everybody is sad for a while
>red hair guy reveals he's 2000 years old
>Noctis has to sleep for 10 years to gather magic into kings ring to fight him
>Noctis gets out and the group fights him in main city
>Ifrit first, then normal red head, then monster version of him
>Noctis wins

Onmi fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 16, 2016

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

I hope they figure out the frame pacing issue before launch. You can see some stuttering in that video :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Koobes posted:

I hope they figure out the frame pacing issue before launch. You can see some stuttering in that video :(

Optimization passes used to be the last thing done on a game, this generation they're post-release matters :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And now they've got an extra sixty days (so 100+) to fix it up. I wouldn't worry.

Then again, I'm not the dude to ask, because I find a bit of slowdown every now and then kinda fun, it's like slow-mo :v:

Also when you can cut up wildlife with a chainsaw then I'm willing to forgive

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
RIP chocobo, your feathers were too good for this generation of console hardware

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Onmi posted:

EDIT2: For those curious here were the 4chan leaks

When I first heard about this I was expecting more about the game's actual quality, not just a lot of plot spoilers.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Hmm, I want to watch the video, but I don't want to be spoiled on the first hour of the game. Guess I'll have to pass.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some dudes were going to cut together all the gameplay stuff that leave out all the story spoilers.

Also it's a lot more than just the first hour of the game, they cut out a lot of stuff.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Is this game voice acted by pugs holy poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chocobo racing
Fishing
Cooking

GOTY imo

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Terper posted:

Some dudes were going to cut together all the gameplay stuff that leave out all the story spoilers.

If you could post that if they finish it, that'd be awesome. 'Cause yeah, I thought I knew how the game started, but after watching the first 30 seconds I clearly didn't.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Is this game voice acted by pugs holy poo poo.

If pugs are responsible for all speaking parts I will buy this game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The game looks ugly as sin, but at least Noctis looks much improved after the time skip.

The posh one (Ignis?) not so much.
Hopefully they've tweaked up the gameplay since Platinum Demo somewhat

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

If new game + lets us use the Hobo Noct skin that'll make for a very different tone on this roadtrip.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The game looks ugly as sin, but at least Noctis looks much improved after the time skip.

I don't think it looks THAT bad, but you can tell they've made some compromises to have the wide open world. Characters still look pretty great outside of a some goofy designs but those are par for the course for the series.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Disappointed Cor is one of those overleveled guest archtypes because he's a goddamn samurai

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Ifrit is just the devil now huh.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

I don't think it looks THAT bad, but you can tell they've made some compromises to have the wide open world. Characters still look pretty great outside of a some goofy designs but those are par for the course for the series.

It took a pretty nasty hit even compared to the Duscae demo with its lack of aliasing. Mostly textures and pop-in issues.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i sure hope you don't have to hunt mobs in between every little story beat like they seem to have to in that footage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

From what the gameinformer report was, FF15 has a very set path if you just want to beeline the story. You really have to get out of your way to get into the open fields once you get the car going.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Game looks pretty dope, love the music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I broke down and watched the 50 minute video. It all looks excellent to me; still hyped.

• Locked thread