Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

but also not look like an autist

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Havent watched the stream but private matches sounds good. No more synch dropping just to get a lag free game.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

schmeo posted:

I can't wait to just go in and look at the skybox. It's just so relaxing. :smuggo:

no man's skybox

wait wrong thread

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mikey-San posted:

no man's skybox

wait wrong thread

This game is awful, all you do is grind the same things over and over and half the previewed content got cut

wait

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Eagerly awaiting October update that introduces custom gravity settings

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Imagine bones of eao... On 20% gravity

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Imagine skating

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Apparently the vendor peril has outlaw smallbore /rifled barrel reactive reload

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

NMS has a sort of variation on skating. GOTY

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Imagine bones of eao... On 20% gravity

imagine bongs of eao... on weed

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

Apparently the vendor peril has outlaw smallbore /rifled barrel reactive reload

lmao

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mikey-San posted:

imagine bongs of eao... on weed

It's one of the artifacts we haven't seen yet.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

two years for custom matches, lol

Two years and 110$ later, lol.

And seeing the health of the community Destiny did not need that, lol.

Also congratulations to Bungo about keeping PvP reputation in, can't wait to be an annoying rear end in a top hat by calling out the retards who use that as an excuse for not visiting the normal crucible, lmao.

moist turtleneck posted:

I've got an idea just do regular style crucible matches and get rep levels slightly slower but also not look like an autist

:same:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

limaCAT posted:

Also congratulations to Bungo about keeping PvP reputation in, can't wait to be an annoying rear end in a top hat by calling out the retards who use that as an excuse for not visiting the normal crucible, lmao.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
So, is iron banner like trials in that I shouldn't bother unless I'm 330?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

What's the roll on the shotgun?

Intoluene posted:

So, is iron banner like trials in that I shouldn't bother unless I'm 330?

Nah. I mean it does take light into account but it's full of lag and scrubs so it doesn't matter so much.

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 16, 2016

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

FishBulb posted:

What's the roll on the shotgun?

Nah. I mean it does take light into account but it's full of lag and scrubs so it doesn't matter so much.

Okay, cool. One little thing that made me smile last match was counter sniping some rear end in a top hat camping a lane.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Trials is filled with people farming ELO, doing carries and lagging, Iron Banner is just lagging. Might be a little awkward if you're 300-310 but it rains loot so

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

IB pitches itself as THE HARDCORE PVP WEEK but the actual Wu Tang secret is that it's maybe the most laid back activity in the game. Sit back, be amazed at the lag, and let it shower purples on you.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The lag cant be any worse than regular crucible because of their poo poo match making.

My only hope is at the peak times its quicker grouping manages to grab more scrubs and slightly less laggers than normal. (Spoiler alert: it won't)

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

limaCAT posted:

Two years and 110$ later, lol.

And seeing the health of the community Destiny did not need that, lol.

It's me the guy who unironically uses the word bungo

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
So I was thinking about getting back into this after a 9 month break. Are pulse rifles still okay? I know there was some type of adjustment after I left. Specifically, I have a Hawksaw with fitted stock/CB/smallbore that I loved using and it would be cool if that archetype was still viable.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's the most viable

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brine posted:

So I was thinking about getting back into this after a 9 month break. Are pulse rifles still okay? I know there was some type of adjustment after I left. Specifically, I have a Hawksaw with fitted stock/CB/smallbore that I loved using and it would be cool if that archetype was still viable.

Hawksaw combined with your quest 1kys or conspiracy theory and you'll be fine.

magic_pixie
May 14, 2013

I'm the red bar, it was me all along!
I wanted to try the Black Spindle mission before dinner, but forgot to change the difficulty to hard. Ended up jumping into a quick Iron Banner match that I ended up on top of the scoreboard - a feat that usually takes me multiple Iron Banners to achieve. Probably just ran up against the six people scrubbier than I am, but the Badger CCL I got from a Vanguard package was putting in work.

Anyway, I was interested in some co-op activities the other night and while perusing DestinyLFG, I found this gem:

Apparently this is how people are enticing others to join their team these days.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Dreg's Promise and throwing knives only.
Welcome to the BoneConeZone bitch.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Inferno Skirmish on Pantheon, raid weapons only

unironically tho

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Low rof assault rifles and swords only.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Wow Clash is a mess.

I think I'll just play all of IB with Kephri's Sting, Bladedancer and just stealth around sticking people as much as possible.

\/ If I actually feel like playing a game I'll try it. Otherwise I'll be the Piece Of poo poo sitting in a corner with a shotty farming drops and watching youtube. :banjo:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 17, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

fennesz posted:

Wow Clash is a mess.

I think I'll just play all of IB with Kephri's Sting, Bladedancer and just stealth around sticking people as much as possible.

Nightstalker with invisi smoke
Khepri's
Universal Remote

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Crucible was already bad but somehow bungie made it even worse COOL!

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

fennesz posted:

Yeah it feels kind of like it. It's really apparent in game modes like Zone Control where there is so much unnecessary poo poo on the screen it actually gets tough to ignore.

And didn't we play MW2/Blops together back in the day? Those were the last console games I played before Destiny.

Just the menu cursor alone gives me that feel.

And yeah, i used to play with you as far back as COD4. If you're playing on PS4, my psn is SpookyLizard.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I'm getting killed by people that aren't there and I'm getting rewarded for kills I made 20 second prior. This is the experience we all crave bungie! Never take away SBMM!

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

SpookyLizard posted:

Just the menu cursor alone gives me that feel.

And yeah, i used to play with you as far back as COD4. If you're playing on PS4, my psn is SpookyLizard.

I'm a poor scrub stranded on the 360 :qq:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Yo that Finnela's from the vendor is goddamn ridiculous, what a good week to come back to Destiny

Rifled Barrel, Outlaw, Reactive Reload, and impact high enough to two tap with RR active :vince:

deadwing fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 17, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Rise of Iron features sound great, can't wait for Destiny 2 to have none of them!

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Well at least you don't own four copies of destiny.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

man this ib is lovely as hell, where the gently caress did all this lag come from

I'm not exactly a fan of hand cannons, so I don't mind not getting it, but the shotgun is good yeah?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Got a HC with rangefinder and life support

Only smallbore though in the middle so trash I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wouldn't sweat it too much, just buy them both and hang on to them. ROI will probably have a big weapon balance patch and who knows what the meta will be then.

Hand canons might be sniper rifles, shotguns might be wet noodles. It's fun to anticipate!!

• Locked thread