Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Danith posted:

I'm expected to support an application with a mobile part (Clicksoft).. is there really no solution to remotely view an iPad or iPhones screen without a capture card or airplay or something?

Bomgar will remotely view an iPad or iPhone screen but you can't control it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

But cellulose is vegan :psyboom:

That's.....weird. I was thinking it was a fat because "VEGANZ", but I guess it's plants. Probably means she's one of those cultist vegans who learned about it from Pinterest. Or just bat poo poo insane.

I came to update the story! Apparently, the alarm went off and the window into manager guy's office was broken into. Guess what's missing! The laptop I emailed him about! Guess who also apparently has read privileges to his email! Crazy questionably-vegan woman!

Now, I'm not one to accuse, but she totally did it.

Edit: Apparently cellulite is fat. Good times.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I get the feeling that there's a fake tip image going around facebook or something (along the lines of the ones saying "apple added charging by putting your phone in the microwave for 5 minutes, try it now") that tells you to ruin your screen and that person fell for it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Anyone want to guess what illegal stuff will be found on the laptop once it's recovered?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Anyone want to guess what illegal stuff will be found on the laptop once it's recovered?

Marshmallows

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

fishmech posted:

I get the feeling that there's a fake tip image going around facebook or something (along the lines of the ones saying "apple added charging by putting your phone in the microwave for 5 minutes, try it now") that tells you to ruin your screen and that person fell for it.

Am I a bad person for desperately hoping it's this? :devil:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A walk-up came in:

:byodame: Hi, my email hasn't been working all day and I'm getting this pop up on my phone? *shows me Outlook Requires Your Current Password error on her phone*
:unsmith: Oh, yes. Your password has expired or you've recently changed it and it needs the new one.
:byodame: No, I haven't changed it.
:unsmith: What happens if you enter your current one? *quickly checked the account in AD, which is of course fine*
:byodame: *does and the same message reappears*
:unsmith: Ok, let's go see what's going on.
*I get to her office, and press Ctrl-Alt-Del just to horrify the viewers at home*
:byodame: It's been telling me my password was about to expire but I've been ignoring that, could that be the issue?
:smith:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Arsten posted:

That's.....weird. I was thinking it was a fat because "VEGANZ", but I guess it's plants. Probably means she's one of those cultist vegans who learned about it from Pinterest. Or just bat poo poo insane.

I came to update the story! Apparently, the alarm went off and the window into manager guy's office was broken into. Guess what's missing! The laptop I emailed him about! Guess who also apparently has read privileges to his email! Crazy questionably-vegan woman!

My only stab in the dark is she confused it with cellophane.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

How is plastic not vegan? Isn't that mined oil?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Arsten posted:

Don't go down this rabbit hole, man. It's just stupidity. It's not worth a trip to the psychiatrist for yourself.

Unless it's a deep-cover psyop....

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Arsten posted:

Oil is an animal product. :colbert:

Wish i was willing to go to the effort of finding a smug vegan emote.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

Oil is an animal product. :colbert:

Wish i was willing to go to the effort of finding a smug vegan emote.

It must be terrible for people to not be able to use houses, concrete, streets, grass, or anything else. I'll just stay over here and destroy animals for my own well being. :smug:

Don't go down this rabbit hole, man. It's just stupidity. It's not worth a trip to the psychiatrist for yourself.

Unless it's a deep-cover psyop....

I won't need a trip to a psychiatrist. My stuffed, talking bunny says I'm just fine!

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Cellulose, it's what diodes crave.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Arsten posted:

I won't need a trip to a psychiatrist. My stuffed, talking bunny says I'm just fine!

Greg?

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Blah

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Which is itself derived from cellulose and is plant-based, believe it or not.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Arsten posted:

I'm wondering if she used coconut oil. It's good on fish.

Sorry for posting so much, I'm sitting here trying to coax show commands out of a failed supervisor module so we can get an RMA number, and the prolific drivers are causing BSOD every few minutes.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Has anyone dealt with the X130e series of laptops, where the hinge just eventually destroys itself?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Arsten posted:

If you leave us hanging on this, I will hunt you down and kill you, because this is the best goddamn story I've heard for a very long time.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Arsten posted:

Am I a bad person for desperately hoping it's this? :devil:

No, because the alternative is they came up with this on their own.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Marshall Louis posted:

Cellulose, it's what diodes crave.

:vince:

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

Greg says you're a real hitler teapot that's cracked.

Marshall Louis posted:

I'm wondering if she used coconut oil. It's good on fish.
It didn't smell like coconut oil. It smelled like just basic lard. Like, what no one cooks with anymore.

Fil5000 posted:

No, because the alternative is they came up with this on their own.
The realist part of me knows that they came up with this on their own.

spog posted:

If you leave us hanging on this, I will hunt you down and kill you, because this is the best goddamn story I've heard for a very long time.

I have no comment! :devil:

Fairly warned be thee, though, this is happening in real time. I will post updates trailing situationally as I get them. The only reason I had that update last night was because the police called me to verify that I had actually left it there and hadn't setup an elaborate ruse to walk off with company property. I then called manager guy and asked wtf was up. Now, we wait for two hours until her normal start time. :f5:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

MiniFoo posted:

Counterpoint: Apple trackpads actually rule, and I will actively use them on MacBooks if I can't install SmoothMouse for whatever reason. Especially so if I can install BetterTouchTool.
I like JiTouch myself.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

Arsten posted:

She cut off the plastic cover on her screen, somehow separated the plastic front from the LEDs and then smeared what appeared to be straight up fat across the remainder of the panel. It is, indeed, "fuzzy".

What the gently caress doesn't even begin to describe, that's loving impressive whatever this madness is.

RE: Laptop chat
I'm not sure how anyone can stand touchpads, we've got a couple of HP Probooks which have wonky ones which are out of warranty. I think it's a ribbon cable problem and the only consitent fix is to lift the laptop into the air and continue using it. :shrug:

Super Slash fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 17, 2016

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Speaking of touchpads, my gfs mom has a laptop and she said the touchpad has been broken for over a year.

Apparently FN+F5 turns the touchpad off and on.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For my part I've completely switched over to trackpads, even for desktops. I haven't touched a mouse in years.

But, well, Apple :shrug:

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

For my part I've completely switched over to trackpads, even for desktops. I haven't touched a mouse in years.

But, well, Apple :shrug:

Came here to post pretty much this. Apple's trackpads are by far and away the best in the industry and with the multi-touch additions makes it great to use. When I have to use a PC trackpad I scream inside because anyone having to work with that dumpster fire of a peripheral makes me sad.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

ptier posted:

Came here to post pretty much this. Apple's trackpads are by far and away the best in the industry and with the multi-touch additions makes it great to use. When I have to use a PC trackpad I scream inside because anyone having to work with that dumpster fire of a peripheral makes me sad.
I've trained myself to pack away my wireless mouse whenever I bring my Lenovo laptop anywhere, because the trackpad is so unusable. And if I happen to forget my mouse, I will not so casually grab the nearest unused USB mouse and use it.

Edit: It's not just inconvenient, it literally causes me physical pain to use the trackpad for more than 30 seconds.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

Arsten posted:

I have no comment! :devil:

She didn't show up, this morning, and did not call to take a sick day. THERE SHALL BE NO DRAMA THIS DAY. Although, I will say she is pretty much fired at this point. "Obscuring breaking and entering by not showing up" probably isn't on the approved list of reasons for a No Call No Show. :v:

On the other hand, I hear that the police will be going to her home today. A search of the area immediately around her office building and attached yard showed no random trashed laptop. Maybe we'll get a news clip about a mad woman smearing lard on police just to spite my anti-drama declaration.

Arsten fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 17, 2016

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Arsten posted:

She didn't show up, this morning, and did not call to take a sick day. THERE SHALL BE NO DRAMA THIS DAY. Although, I will say she is pretty much fired at this point. "Obscuring breaking and entering by not showing up" probably isn't on the approved list of reasons for a No Call No Show. :v:

On the other hand, I hear that the police will be going to her home today. A search of the area immediately around her office building and attached yard showed no random trashed laptop. Maybe we'll get a news clip about a mad woman smearing lard on police just to spite my anti-drama declaration.

I hope she's done the same thing to her phone. Just an old RAZR flip phone covered in vegetable fat.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Arsten posted:

Want to run a book on how many cats she has?

I am guessing 8

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Arsten posted:

I was wondering why she stole the lardtop, then realized she probably just wants it to be free range organic.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

spog posted:

Want to run a book on how many cats she has?

I am guessing 8

If she's TRULY vegan, she won't have any, as the super hardcore ones don't believe in pets, either.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well of course not, you'd have to feed them meat.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Data Graham posted:

Well of course not, you'd have to feed them meat.

I think it's more "you can't own other animals"?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
No, some vegans have pets and try to feed them vegan food. Which is an insanely bad thing for dogs. It's like the tofu lion from Futurama except with them dying from sepsis.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

AlexDeGruven posted:

If she's TRULY vegan, she won't have any, as the super hardcore ones don't believe in pets, either.

She's....she's painting with lard. Unless she has a suck-u-slim at home, or something, I'm not seeing how she's vegan.

Red Square Bear posted:

I think it's more "you can't own other animals"?

There is too much pony play in the world for me to ever believe that.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

GreenNight posted:

Speaking of touchpads, my gfs mom has a laptop and she said the touchpad has been broken for over a year.

Apparently FN+F5 turns the touchpad off and on.
We have HPs where there's a touch-sensitive button on the loving trackpad, in like the top left corner, that does this. It's remarkably stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

anthonypants posted:

We have HPs where there's a touch-sensitive button on the loving trackpad, in like the top left corner, that does this. It's remarkably stupid.

Yeah same at my job. I've gotten plenty of calls from panicky HR people about their touchpad not working.

• Locked thread