Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Tiggum posted:

I've had the same mobile phone plan for years. It only includes calls and texts, but it's ridiculously cheap. I'd never get rid of it, but it's being discontinued, so now I have to look at mobile phone plans and I'll probably end up paying more and not even using the extra features (internet, MMS, whatever). And worse than the extra cost is the having to research what's available, figure out what the best option is, and deal with phone companies. And I'm assuming probably change my phone number too, if the company I'm with now isn't the one I end up choosing.

Go with Amaysim. They're stupid cheap and you can keep your current number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I had to preorder Pokemon Sun instead of Moon, because my workplace(where I get an employee discount) had a limited number of each and was out of Moon preorders.

Where do you work that you get a discount on preordering Pokemon? I'm genuinely curious :3:

I'm goddamn ravenous after walking six miles total for all my patrols last night and I know I shouldn't raid the fridge because it'd just undo all that exercise. But there's leftover chicken alfredo calling to me... :cry:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I've got a horrid stomach bug that basically means I've been expelling clear water out my rear end and mouth for about 18 hours. It took 2 liters of saline just to get me in the realm of peeing for a piss test.

And I'm mostly upset because I want to play video games to pass the time but physically cannot

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate how a lot of great restaurants now don't have a set menu. They constantly change, sometimes every month. I want that skirt steak with garlic fries all the time not just when the chef feels like it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

I hate how a lot of great restaurants now don't have a set menu. They constantly change, sometimes every month. I want that skirt steak with garlic fries all the time not just when the chef feels like it.

:smug: Then go to Applebee's, you pleb.

A sushi restaurant I like does the same thing. It's always good but I want the mango eel right now!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

cyberia posted:

Go with Amaysim. They're stupid cheap and you can keep your current number.

Huh, this actually looks comparable to what I have now. Thanks. :)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Where do you work that you get a discount on preordering Pokemon? I'm genuinely curious :3:

It's just a normal employee discount on everything in the store, I'm a retail grunt at a Target.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I made a ton of pasta today because I wanted to dress it with the leftover cherry tomato caprese I took home from a work party, but there aren't as many tomatoes as I'd like left in it.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

queserasera posted:

A shame tasty berries aren't kind to your colon. Don't put a quart of blueberries in your blender either, causes similar results. It's like Seagram's and 7-Up, good when it's happening but so many regrets later.

Follow up since it's another FWP After 2 days without poop and the worst smelling farts of my life, I had the biggest poops of my life. Thankfully they weren't painful. I'm sure you guys are all happy to know

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Friend and I finally have a day off together. Evening off, because I had to work. But plans for the night. Gaming nonstop! But plans have changed and friend wants to play something else, after I was all set and spent the day mentally setting up the game. So I told her I wasn't interested and now we're fighting.

I canceled my loving walk/Pokemon Go for this poo poo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I live in La and now my neighborhood is starting to flood.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I live in the suburbs and work in Yuppie Central as far as the city is concerned.

I never, ever hear the local accents or dialects and it bothers me.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My gums hurt because the last few days I've eaten stuff that gets stuck in between your teeth, and my gums hate floss getting up in my teeth, no matter how much I do it.

Unrelated, I desperately want McDonald's chicken nuggets right now. I can't even say it's because I've not eaten McDonald's lately; I had it for lunch because I had no time to get anything healthier.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ashely Judd announced she was accepted into a PhD program at UC Berkeley. I hate overachievers. You're already rich and have everything, gently caress!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I'm eating plums right now. All were nice and sweet but I just bit into a mealy one with no taste and it ruined my expirience and don't want to eat another one.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My city's water has some horrible bacteria in it this summer and I have to keep bleaching my toilet once a week to get rid of the pink/black bacteria/mold, and it tastes disgusting to drink, it's like drinking... Well, bacteria and mold. It's not on the same level of like India so it's a FWP. On the plus side I don't think they've closed down the beaches due to e.coli this year!

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:19 on Aug 17, 2016

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

My city's water has some horrible bacteria in it this summer and I have to keep bleaching my toilet once a week to get rid of the pink/black bacteria/mold, and it tastes disgusting to drink, it's like drinking... Well, bacteria and mold. It's not on the same level of like India so it's a FWP. On the plus side I don't think they've closed down the beaches due to e.coli this year!

Doesn't sound very first world at all.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had a very... trying time at work and now I cannot sleep at all.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Helios Grime posted:

Doesn't sound very first world at all.

They seem to have realized the problem and while the water doesn't taste as much as mold/bacteria anymore, it instead smells like chlorine. Mmmm delicious bleach.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I've been (and always have) loved country music but my hipster friends think I'm stupid. I love Country :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YfNFR6gh2E

I LOVE THIS.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Prob cause I grew in a farm. Blargh I miss my farm. It was in russia but it's the same feeling. :(

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I bought a bunch of fresh mint that was extremely pungent and kept it in my fridge (to use mostly for making tea) and somehow it smelt so strongly of mint that still, two weeks later, various items in my fridge taste of mint. I just spread butter on some bread and it has a minty tang.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I didn't cook so I didn't bring any lunch and I am hungry but I hate everything around work. Maybe I'll get a burger when I am free but I am also watching my weight so ugh

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Work is slow and I'm bored. It's a good thing, because it means fewer sick pets, but it's also a very bad thing. Because of the boredom.

I already did every single busywork task I could think of and time is moving so sslloowwwllyyy

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Jeza posted:

I bought a bunch of fresh mint that was extremely pungent and kept it in my fridge (to use mostly for making tea) and somehow it smelt so strongly of mint that still, two weeks later, various items in my fridge taste of mint. I just spread butter on some bread and it has a minty tang.

this used to happen in my house growing up, when my dad would put something garlic-y in the fridge. it wouldn't stay longer than a day or 2 but for the longest time as a kid i thought butter just naturally tasted like funky garlic

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Jeza posted:

You have to hang it up and dry it. Same flavor but doesn't infect anything else.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's hot as poo poo (92 or so), and muggy to boot. It's the kind of weather that even the AC only barely keeps the ickyness of the outside weather at bay.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I keep breaking out in this one area of my face because I can't stop touching that area to still if I'm still breaking out there.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm probably annoying my boss by asking if I've gotten moved to 3 workdays a week yet :negative: I just... I just want the jump in pay so badly...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I have to wait like a month to get a CPAP machine and I want it now, and I have to change insurance soon after so I'll have to do another loving sleep study and month waiting period to get another.

I just want to get better sleep dammit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I live right near the ocean in one of the best food cities and all the shrimp I find at grocery stores are frozen.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm just so tired.
All the time.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

I live right near the ocean in one of the best food cities and all the shrimp I find at grocery stores are frozen.

Did you go to one of the more local/smaller grocery stores?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

I'm just so tired.
All the time.

Please get help, this sounds like an actual medical problem. Anything from basic insomnia to depression.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I have a medical assessment for my disability on Monday. I've been freaking the gently caress out because that really means 'looking for any excuse to deny you', even though I have been disabled for the last six years and nothing has changed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Intoluene posted:

Please get help, this sounds like an actual medical problem. Anything from basic insomnia to depression.

Well I have both so...
good job!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Look into sleep apnea too. I'm biased at the moment but my night on a CPAP was incredible. It's worth a look.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Well I have both so...
good job!

Well now I just feel like an rear end in a top hat :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Intoluene posted:

Well now I just feel like an rear end in a top hat :smith:

You were trying to help :unsmith: