Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tae posted:

From what the gameinformer report was, FF15 has a very set path if you just want to beeline the story. You really have to get out of your way to get into the open fields once you get the car going.

This excites me mainly because (J)RPGs pretty much lost me as they became more and more diffuse, Witcher included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Hey wait, wait wait wait. Where's the Final Fantasy Main Theme in FFXV? I could have sworn it was ALWAYS in the title screen of every game, but what I heard in what little we saw of it that was not the main theme.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You should look at the title screens of older FFs again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really hate that all of the enemies seem to be giant health sponges.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/444973/Final+Fantasy+XV+Chapter+0+revealed,+preview+inbound/ seems like the leaks maybe true.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/346221413 these leaks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think 12 is the only ff I've ever heard the ff theme in

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I really hate that all of the enemies seem to be giant health sponges.

maybe its like FFXIIILR and they go quick if you do it the right way?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I also really appreciate that the daemons are the classic Final Fantasy monsters. Or rather, since I knew that since the Gameinformer article came out, I should say I appreciate how they look. They have a very clear, distinct art style to them to separate them from the normal monsters.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

No time for romance. Gotta save the world :buddy:

English VA sounds better than I thought from the trailers. Still hyped for Nov release date.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Alder posted:

English VA sounds better than I thought from the trailers. Still hyped for Nov release date.

If he pulls the brim of that baseball cap too low he falls immediately asleep like a chicken with its head covered.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gologle posted:

I also really appreciate that the daemons are the classic Final Fantasy monsters. Or rather, since I knew that since the Gameinformer article came out, I should say I appreciate how they look. They have a very clear, distinct art style to them to separate them from the normal monsters.

I like how they're specifically the FFV designs, the game Nomura worked as the monster designer on.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gologle posted:

Hey wait, wait wait wait. Where's the Final Fantasy Main Theme in FFXV? I could have sworn it was ALWAYS in the title screen of every game, but what I heard in what little we saw of it that was not the main theme.

If you listen carefully they actually mixed the FF theme into XV's version of Stand By Me @ 1:08 & 2:22

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alder posted:

Noctis is not so crude a man as to cheat on his wife

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

If you listen carefully they actually mixed the FF theme into XV's version of Stand By Me @ 1:08 & 2:22

i think this is commonly called the crystal theme or the prelude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7obre_SBH6o

the final fantasy theme/main theme is the one from the opening titles of ff1 and ff12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvMVi65XVAQ

aka prologue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEti8uugFSE

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 17, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

FF 1 didn't have an opening title and the intro and remakes played the Prelude, it plays the Prologue when you cross the bridge.

E: And while I haven't listened to the linked version I remember from Uncovered that yeah, it was the Prelude in Stand By Me. A lot easier to integrate simple arpeggios into whatever.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 17, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Oh, okay, I know the main theme from the credits of FF8.

I always thought the prelude was the main theme since it's way better.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Terper posted:

Noctis is not so crude a man as to cheat on his wife

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

That'll be neither canon nor in my mega epic-length fanfic.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

widespread posted:

That'll be neither canon nor in my mega epic-length fanfic.

Link your tumblr when it's done

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
After watching the 53 minute vid it certainly looks like a video game. Nice to see they took the feedback from the Episode Duscae demo to heart and keep reiterating after the Platinum Demo. I'm looking forward to it again despite the delay.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Last week, I was invited to the Netherlands to play the current build of FFXV for five hours.

I have written an article with more in-depth information on a number of things you saw briefly in the video from yesterday, as well as on
some things not seen in the video.

Here is the spoiler-free preview: http://www.geekster.be/games/videogames/final-fantasy-xv-preview-first-five-hours/

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Pennfalath posted:

Last week, I was invited to the Netherlands to play the current build of FFXV for five hours.

I have written an article with more in-depth information on a number of things you saw briefly in the video from yesterday, as well as on

Here is the spoiler-free preview: http://www.geekster.be/games/videogames/final-fantasy-xv-preview-first-five-hours/

Thanks, I feel reassured by my PO now. I'm wondering if they're is a variety of different environments to explore other than the trails.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
That menu music's about the most chill thing ever.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is that Final Fantasy XV movie out yet or is that later this month?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Later.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Is that Final Fantasy XV movie out yet or is that later this month?
My Blu-ray ships from Amazon within 49 days.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The fourth episode of Brotherhood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH0jj4NWFYA

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Pennfalath posted:

Thanks, this was a drat good article.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Gologle posted:

Thanks, this was a drat good article.

Thank you (and others) for your kind words. It has been a couple of hectic days, with having to write it in both Dutch and English, but I am really glad for the opportunity.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Terper posted:

The fourth episode of Brotherhood!

Nice episode. I'm enjoying the interactions b/t everyone more than I expected from the PV. Also, baking :3:

btw: how old is Ignis again?

Alder fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 17, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He's 22.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Good old Hollywood casting of 30-somethings to be young 20-somethings. (Glad and Ignis, mostly) Ah well.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, seriously. I can buy Noctis and Prompto being 21-22, but Ignis and Gladiolus really look to be 27-30. And that would make much more sense in the context of them being Noctis's caretakers of sorts.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Japan's youth worship means they will never stop being weird about fictional characters' ages.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Unless it's a setting like in Persona games where age is relevant to setting, I ignore the "official" ages on a lot of jrpgs. I used to not notice but I'm 30 now and there's no way Ignis is 22 or whatever.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Oxxidation posted:

Japan's youth worship means they will never stop being weird about fictional characters' ages.

Honestly it's shocking none of the main cast are teenagers.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Ignis for #1 mom.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Black Mage Knight posted:

Ignis for #1 mom.

But Gladio is the tough one. :v: