Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Minidust posted:

I missed most of the homebrew hoopla. Am I correct in assuming that you wouldn't be able to access any PS+ games with homebrew active? Since no new firmware = no PSN, and therefore no authentication available for your stuff? Would your regular PSN purchases even remain playable?

Not sure about the PS+ stuff because I don't have that but you cannot connect to the PSN store without having the latest firmware which is 3.61 now. Regular PSN purchases are fine as they are already on your system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

This is my favorite Senran.

Also TxK was really poo poo and also bad when it first came out, has that changed or is it a matter of having poo poo taste and a broken brain itf (in this forum).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Assuming it works the same as PS3/4 you'll be able to play them offline until your PS+ runs out but you won't be able to renew it after that without going online. Even if you renew through the webstore you'd have to connect your Vita at least once to the internet to renew the licenses on it.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Liver Disaster posted:

is it a matter of having poo poo taste and a broken brain itf (in this forum).

It's this, hope that helps

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Liver Disaster posted:

This is my favorite Senran.

Also TxK was really poo poo and also bad when it first came out, has that changed or is it a matter of having poo poo taste and a broken brain itf (in this forum).

If you're in the Vita Thread on Something Awful you most likely have poo poo taste and a broken brain. Sorry you had to find out about it here. My goondolences :(

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

My taste is good and my brain healthy, sorry OP

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Minidust posted:

I missed most of the homebrew hoopla. Am I correct in assuming that you wouldn't be able to access any PS+ games with homebrew active? Since no new firmware = no PSN, and therefore no authentication available for your stuff? Would your regular PSN purchases even remain playable?
Do you have a PS3? You can download the purchases (this include PS+ games) and then transfer them to the PS Vita over USB.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'll always appreciate EDF for making me realize that if a real life alien invasion happened, I'd die charging at the aliens while screaming the EDF anthem at the top of my lungs.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
After seeing mention of the 3DS, I just looked up the main Wikipedia page for the series to see what all systems have SK games, and I found out there's also a Senran Kagura anime show. I'm going off the assumption that at least some of y'all have watched it when I ask: does it portray the characters more-or-less true to their video game versions?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MisterAlex posted:

After seeing mention of the 3DS, I just looked up the main Wikipedia page for the series to see what all systems have SK games, and I found out there's also a Senran Kagura anime show. I'm going off the assumption that at least some of y'all have watched it when I ask: does it portray the characters more-or-less true to their video game versions?

FROM THE PRODUCERS OF IKKI TOUSEN

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

thorsilver posted:

It's this, hope that helps
thank

Wamdoodle posted:

If you're in the Vita Thread on Something Awful you most likely have poo poo taste and a broken brain. Sorry you had to find out about it here. My goondolences :(
good grief :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MisterAlex posted:

For the most part. Daidouji, Rin and Kiriya get to be actually relevant while Hikage gets a different backstory.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

minusX posted:

Do you have a PS3? You can download the purchases (this include PS+ games) and then transfer them to the PS Vita over USB.

I'm still on 3.60, bought a game on the web store and queued the download from there...it downloaded and works fine :shrug:.
Same with old PS+ games i haven't started since my subscription renewed. It pops up a "checking license" thing and then then starts the game, without complaining about an update.
The store on the Vita and the PS+ save upload thingie insist on updating though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Tamba posted:

I'm still on 3.60, bought a game on the web store and queued the download from there...it downloaded and works fine :shrug:.
Same with old PS+ games i haven't started since my subscription renewed. It pops up a "checking license" thing and then then starts the game, without complaining about an update.
The store on the Vita and the PS+ save upload thingie insist on updating though.

Mine complained I couldn't sync trophies nor play multiplayer in LittleBigPlanet (don't you judge me). Wasn't doing anything with the homebrew that was worth the hassle.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

MisterAlex posted:

i have known people in the past who like the video games and say the show is bad so i dunno

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If something says "FROM THE PRODUCERS OF IKKI TOUSEN" that means it's going to be some fanservice anime.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dehry posted:

If something says "FROM THE PRODUCERS OF IKKI TOUSEN" that means it's going to be some fanservice anime.

what if something says it's from the producers of ikkitousen and it turns out to be a heartfelt character drama

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MisterAlex posted:

It's okay, it basically follows the story of the first game by the letter and no more or less. There's also a lot less fan service than you might imagine, the OAV that came with EV in Japan was way worse than that.

Dehry posted:

It actually means nothing other than 'paid for by the people who paid for Ikkitousen'.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

what if something says it's from the producers of ikkitousen and it turns out to be a heartfelt character drama
that's called ikki tousen

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
EDF is really good and I pity those who don't/can't enjoy it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Colonel posted:

hosed up if true

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
oh hey a thing for modded Vitas that might be worth a drat came out:

https://github.com/xyzz/vita-moonlight/releases/tag/vita-alpha

it doesn't have sound yet but it's a client for Moonlight. If you have an nVidia card you'll eventually be able to stream to your Vita with it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Idol Death Game TV has a trailer. IMO I think it's poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx6hTrXzfFc

Demon Gaze 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdQZvrWKjE

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The port of Risk of Rain is stellar and it's 10 bucks, which is aces. There's still a few things that are rough (like how there's still the thing with unlocking the Loader also unlocking an item it's not supposed to, but it's not too bad), but it's really fun and with an online system that isn't silly.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

A Bystander posted:

The port of Risk of Rain is stellar and it's 10 bucks, which is aces. There's still a few things that are rough (like how there's still the thing with unlocking the Loader also unlocking an item it's not supposed to, but it's not too bad), but it's really fun and with an online system that isn't silly.

I'm glad it's cross-buy, because I've bought thinking thinking I'd want the PS4 version, but the Vita's small screen is great for the game and I don't think it benefits from the big screen at all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

nis america has the worst web store i've ever seen

i've switched banks but I don't get to change my information on a preorder because the user isn't trusted enough, and it's been a week with no email reply and phonecalls don't end up going anywhere either

I figured I'd just cancel and reorder but it appears you need to have them cancel poo poo too

what the gently caress

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Looks like Amazon's very specific placeholder date of Sept. 6 for Trails of Cold Steel 2 was correct.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Should have come out on the FFXV date instead just to rub it in.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

Idol Death Game TV has a trailer. IMO I think it's poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx6hTrXzfFc

Demon Gaze 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdQZvrWKjE

Did they add a touch pleasing the npc mechanic to Demon Gaze 2? Ffs.... The first already had that creepy panty quest thing ....

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

finally beat cold steel after about ~70 hours of ingame time, and I like the part near the end where it turns into an episode of gundam. or maybe code geass, I remember those mechs being kinda like these ones with the heelys

it's a cool game and I liked it a lot. hopefully the sequel is actually out in fall like they say it is because I wanna play it soon

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 17, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

good news it's out in 3 weeks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o that's cool, plus I can jump right into it after beating deus ex

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Does Sony not offer Vita repairs anymore? Can't seem to find anything on their site.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Does Sony not offer Vita repairs anymore? Can't seem to find anything on their site.

It's a dead console, so no.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The serial number for my PSTV purchased late last year doesn't even register in the support page.

Of course Vita was shuffled away from the front page of playstation.com along with PS3 in February 2015.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Did you try here? https://scea.secure.force.com/service

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Yeah no luck, guess I'll have to buy a new one

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The only place it even implies you can get service on the Vita is a link to an extended warranty site.

E:

Looking closer at the fine print, apparently Canadian Vitas are in the same boat as a broken PS2. Users have to pay for shipping. Not the case for PS3/PS4. USA still gets free shipping in warranty.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 17, 2016

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Ordered a 64G card and a PSTV. Now I can vita on the couch I guess.

Which is what I did before. Except with a Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/jpgames_de/status/766281986503770112

:drat: