Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
guess what is a taiwanese game with no vpn requirements now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Suicide Beggar bombing people in that inn was the best part of AoW.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When I was working as a massage therapist I had someone ask me about meridians and thanks to Age of Wushu I was able to speak authoritatively on the subject. Was I right in what I said? I'll never know.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

When I was working as a massage therapist I had someone ask me about meridians and thanks to Age of Wushu I was able to speak authoritatively on the subject. Was I right in what I said? I'll never know.

You see, the lower stomach foot meridian,

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
They keep reiterating a Steam buy2play release this year with a focus on selling expansion packs so I'm starting to believe them. Dark & Light's website should go up by the end of the month with beta signups in the near future. Age of Wushu 2 soft launch early next year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dnl/comments/4wzf5e/snail_games_here_with_our_first_dnl_qa/

Orv
May 4, 2011
...Why are people excited for a reboot of Dark and Light?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it is like one guy in the thread

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

it is like one guy in the thread

The one guy who also apparently takes every MMO press release at breathless face value.

Still cautiously interested in AOW2, whenever it comes out.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Why shouldn't I be hyped up for a snail sandbox where they're addressing the one complaint I had with their game (the poo poo business model)? Even if they pull another Age of Wushu/Black Desert, I'm getting a couple months of fun.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Why shouldn't I be hyped up for a snail sandbox where they're addressing the one complaint I had with their game (the poo poo business model)? Even if they pull another Age of Wushu/Black Desert, I'm getting a couple months of fun.

Hmmmm no

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Why shouldn't I be hyped up for a snail sandbox where they're addressing the one complaint I had with their game (the poo poo business model)?

Pattern recognition.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Pavlov posted:

Pattern recognition.

How does it feel to find someone who is more autistic than anyone else you've met.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Having played the original Dark and Light I feel as if you're setting your expectations a little bit too high.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Third World Reggin posted:

How does it feel to find someone who is more autistic than anyone else you've met.

Very distracted. But the people I met doing a CS major aren't really pertinent to chinagames.

Alex here isn't pumped for the sandbox mmo I'm most sunk-cost into though, which might be a good sign for it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Very distracted. But the people I met doing a CS major aren't really pertinent to chinagames.

Alex here isn't pumped for the sandbox mmo I'm most sunk-cost into though, which might be a good sign for it.

What is it? I might just not have made a thread for it yet tbh

Archonex posted:

Having played the original Dark and Light I feel as if you're setting your expectations a little bit too high.

I followed the original DnL, it was bad but the trailer of this one looks good. I figure since they're releasing 3 sandbox games in 2 years, they'll share tech/mechanics, meaning DnL is Age of Wushu 2 in fantasy dragon land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLKXAuNL9mA

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 12, 2016

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Das Tal, you already posted there.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Das Tal, you already posted there.

Ah, that's on my "give it a year and check it out again" list. Don't think it's my kind of game though.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

When I was working as a massage therapist I had someone ask me about meridians

The only correct answer to any meridians based question:

Break them

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Well...

I sure can't wait.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Everything i know about pre-glorious revolution chinese mysticism i learned from AOW.

Monks dont drink, Taoist beleive in balance and people who wear purple to count bees are awesome.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I had a dream about this game last night... Or was it technically a nightmare?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

loving lol

http://dota.gameone.com.tw/event/160129/Tomlive.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtwra5LASE

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I will never loving get the appeal of mobas.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Boogaleeboo posted:

Their popularity is on the decline, too. Everybody who tried to cash in is crashing and burning on release now. If it's not DOTA or LOL nobody cares.

But then Battleborn was just bad on every level.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

I know, and they've got so many inherent problems other games don't have. It's the same map over and over and once you're in, you're committed to the entire match unless you're willing to have it marked against you and performance is heavily influenced by whether a player disconnects.

Anoia posted:

Their popularity is on the decline, too. Everybody who tried to cash in is crashing and burning on release now. If it's not DOTA or LOL nobody cares.

But then Battleborn was just bad on every level.

Anyone with a basic sense of business could tell the market had a horribly low saturation point. DOTA 2 only survived because it managed to pull fans of the original Warcraft 3 map away from LOL. Smite gets by because it's just different enough to draw in people who want something different in a MOBA.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Anoia posted:

That's always been that way.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Boogaleeboo posted:

You know that feeling when you start a new session of your favorite strategy/puzzle game ? The "This time i will get it JUST RIGHT" feeling ? I think thats the itch MOBAS scratch. Every new game is a chance to get it "JUST RIGHT" and if you fail you can always blame your other team members for feeding.

Studios like it because it need very little effort to produce (no story, no mission script, no voice over, all you need is 4 maps and 2 game modes) and the return if you tap an unknow spergwhale vein is very lucrative.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/features.cfm/from/home/read/11083/ismb/1/Dark-and-Light-How-Snail-Games-Kept-Hope-Alive-for-12-Long-Years.html

More Dark & Light news.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:what:

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
So I've been playing wushu as of a week ago for nostalgia's sake and to check out the server merge. Having a pretty good time, but a certain somebody attacked me out of the blue.

That's right two years later and kingcee is still salty as gently caress and shouting gently caress GOONS. Jizzwizz really hosed this guy up :V

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
lol imagine having a 2 year grudge on a dying bideo game

i am kind of tempted to play wushu again so I can beggar sect again

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Wonder if he's still mad about losing in Mt Hua to Leisure Kick.

e: That was CallMeKing, not kingcee. Whoops.

v drat you now I'm reinstalling it too.

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 17, 2016

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Hmmm... Feeling nostalgic, decided to reinstall. Took me like 20 mins to get past the what the gently caress is my password boss. Also why did this game get removed from steam (I can actually guess why)?

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Shalhavet posted:

v drat you now I'm reinstalling it too.

Aww yeah let's all make bad decisions

edit: also speaking of CallMeKing, he and some other rebellion members got permabanned for duping items and unbound. RIP 100k character

Skion fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 17, 2016

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

SweetBro posted:

Hmmm... Feeling nostalgic, decided to reinstall. Took me like 20 mins to get past the what the gently caress is my password boss. Also why did this game get removed from steam (I can actually guess why)?

It didn't just get removed it got like completely wiped. They pulled all of the graphics and changed the name. I've never seen that before.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Well, I went to Chengdu for team practice and dueled some people nearby. Turns out, GoonTangClan is apparently some sort of mythic entity from the dark ages and I got a bunch of "Holy poo poo welcome back" PMs. From former TDH members.

We should chinagame again.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Who are we to resist the siren lure of chinagame.exe

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Shalhavet posted:

Well, I went to Chengdu for team practice and dueled some people nearby. Turns out, GoonTangClan is apparently some sort of mythic entity from the dark ages and I got a bunch of "Holy poo poo welcome back" PMs. From former TDH members.

We should chinagame again.

It's probably because once we left the game got a whole lot less interesting and there wasn't much in the way of zany antics to be had.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It's probably because once we left the game got a whole lot less interesting and there wasn't much in the way of zany antics to be had.

After we quit everyone doubled down on the REAL meat of the game: the PVE experieahajdhahahahahahahdjkghdfakljgbdfbnvm,bn.,mfnd

No, I'm serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Showed up to tp, leisure kicked kingcee to death. A good day.

e:

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 23, 2016