Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
We have purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I must find a way to watch this show immediately

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

LobsterMobster posted:

keep this on the DL since my fam over at uproxx are gonna include it in a write-up of the episode, but i love y'all

https://vine.co/v/5htJj0L27he

Now there should be NO SHAME betting outworked by Funky, one of the greatest grapplers on the planet.

On the other hand Punk is so loving dead and out of his depth.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Punk was pretty terrible early in training. Even if he fails, I'm sure he come out of this with a lot of experience.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

uncleKitchener posted:

Punk was pretty terrible early in training. Even if he fails, I'm sure he come out of this with a lot of experience.

he comes out of the experience roughly as experienced as several hundred 20 year olds today

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is the documentary going to be on FightPass?

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Could CM Punk beat Glass Joe from Punch-Out!?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Is it Title Defense Joe? That guy was mean.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Sotar posted:

Hell no man

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Is it Title Defense Joe? That guy was mean.

First fight Joe

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Sotar posted:

Where do you think Joe's 1 win comes from?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I can't find the documentary online anywhere :(

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sotar posted:

"What do my knuckles say?"

"Join...the...Nintendo...Fun...Club...Punk?"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I appreciate that Punk's apparent response to the stunner was laughing his rear end off like 'really man?'. He usually seems so loving uptight, maybe he's actually a human being.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lloyd Boner posted:

We have purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

I can't wait to see his face to foot style.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

LobsterMobster posted:

keep this on the DL since my fam over at uproxx are gonna include it in a write-up of the episode, but i love y'all

https://vine.co/v/5htJj0L27he

Whoa, we finally have a real mma journalist in our forum.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I love Ben Askrin so much.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
It's up on Fight Pass now

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Liquid Communism posted:

I appreciate that Punk's apparent response to the stunner was laughing his rear end off like 'really man?'. He usually seems so loving uptight, maybe he's actually a human being.

Proof that getting your rear end beat at Roufusport for hours at a time is probably still more fun than having to work for Vince McMahon.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

He's such a pretentious moron on his old blog but he definitely grew up and learned a bit of humility as he got older. I mean I wouldn't know that he shat himself mid-match on Smackdown had he not publicly made fun of himself for doing so in the first place.

I love him to bits really.

But Gall is still going to murder the poo poo out of him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

uncleKitchener posted:

It'll be hard for him to use that experience when he's suffering from early onset dementia.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sure it's just because i'm a sucker for fighter documentaries but I'm probably going to enjoy the rest of his even if he's garbage

In fact I'll probably enjoy it more if he ends up washing out

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Gorn Myson posted:

He's such a pretentious moron on his old blog but he definitely grew up and learned a bit of humility as he got older.

Acting like people should be smart and very mature on the internet in their early to mid twenties is a really dumb thing to do, especially on the website where hundreds of people got scammed into sending a stranger 20 dollars for a non-existent plush dog based on a meme.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
That uppercut gif was taken from less than 2 months into him training, also, so I think that Punk is better at punching now than he was after training for a little over a month.

I think it would be cool if he wins, but he won't.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

i liked the part of the documentary when Anthony pettis tried teaching punk how to get off the fence

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Gaz2k21 posted:

I must find a way to watch this show immediately

I've found it on Youtube, not sure how long it'll stay up though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFdjPmGN14M

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So is the list up yet of the bars with the PPV that I go and shout at people and tvs?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Herr Tog posted:

So is the list up yet of the bars with the PPV that I go and shout at people and tvs?

https://bars.ufc.com/

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Herr Tog posted:

I doubt many have even ordered 203 yet (if any at all) but use this when it gets closer to the time of the fight.

More likely than not, most bars ordering UFC 202 this weekend will also be ordering 203, so you can get an idea of your options now at least.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I just watched it. For his first "fight" they gave him a southpaw. That's so loving mean it's kind of hilarious

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
And if you watch UFC 202 this Saturday, you get to watch Artem Lobov lose to another nobody

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Just watched it, if I'm really honest I didn't think he looked to bad in that fight considering he'd only had 2 months of serious training at that point.

He did way better than I did in my first fight that's for sure.....

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bluedeanie posted:

I doubt many have even ordered 203 yet (if any at all) but use this when it gets closer to the time of the fight.

More likely than not, most bars ordering UFC 202 this weekend will also be ordering 203, so you can get an idea of your options now at least.

thank you both for your efforts

ch3cooh posted:

I just watched it. For his first "fight" they gave him a southpaw. That's so loving mean it's kind of hilarious

that just clicked man no one who works with punk likes punk

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
I thought that when Punk joined Roufusport he'd just be taking class training sessions with the fighters, but this documentary shows he was doing private sessions with the head trainers from the get-go. 2-months in of that into doing a smoker with a 6-2 guy is some pretty serious stuff to test your dedication.

The only thing that is crystal clear is that he would've gotten smoked by a Gall-level fighter if he fought 6-months in. Now that it's been about 20-months with that training schedule I think his chances are pretty good to compete with a springy, young 2-0 guy like Gall.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Kurohashi posted:

Now that it's been about 20-months with that training schedule I think his chances are pretty good to compete with a springy, young 2-0 guy like Gall.

As much as I enjoy making GBS threads on Punk because I don't watch pro wrestling or whatever, if he gets blown out of the water by a 2-0 guy after 2 years personal training with world class* trainers, that's insanely pathetic for both him as an individual and his camp. It will be competitive.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Keg posted:

Acting like people should be smart and very mature on the internet in their early to mid twenties is a really dumb thing to do, especially on the website where hundreds of people got scammed into sending a stranger 20 dollars for a non-existent plush dog based on a meme.
I probably should have added that the reason I can empathise with Punk is that I went through the exact same phase, along with the sudden spike in humility in my late 20s.

I'm still a pretentious moron, but just not as much as I was in the past.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
It will be a bad boring fight with bad technique ending with punk tapping to a kneebar that wasn't fully applied in round 2

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

That fight was from two months of training? And it's been over a year since then? Now I think Punk has a legit chance. He looked better than I thought he would in that fight.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Buckle posted:

That fight was from two months of training? And it's been over a year since then? Now I think Punk has a legit chance. He looked better than I thought he would in that fight.

He's lost all his smoker fights, he's dumb enough to train with smoker fights, and he did MMA training for years before "going pro".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

He's lost all his smoker fights, he's dumb enough to train with smoker fights, and he did MMA training for years before "going pro".

But the people Punk is fighting in the smokers probably have more experience than Mickey Gall.

• Locked thread