Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

it’s not unlikely at all though???

That somebody would get seriously hurt on this thing is likely; that somebody would get decapitated by it slightly less so. I think this is the only decapitation I've ever heard of in my life that didn't happen in a middle eastern country (actually I think OJ de-noggin'ed his ex-wife ok so there's one more).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Secular Humanist posted:

That somebody would get seriously hurt on this thing is likely; that somebody would get decapitated by it slightly less so. I think this is the only decapitation I've ever heard of in my life that didn't happen in a middle eastern country (actually I think OJ de-noggin'ed his ex-wife ok so there's one more).

Twilight Zone movie

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Secular Humanist posted:

A man cut off his own head with a chainsaw in a carefully thought out suicide because he was "irrationally opposed" to leaving his repossessed home, an inquest heard today.

David Phyall, 50, had consumed a small quantity of alcohol but no drugs, and arranged the chainsaw in such a way as to facilitate his suicide.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Blue Train posted:

A man cut off his own head with a chainsaw in a carefully thought out suicide because he was "irrationally opposed" to leaving his repossessed home, an inquest heard today.

David Phyall, 50, had consumed a small quantity of alcohol but no drugs, and arranged the chainsaw in such a way as to facilitate his suicide.

fuckin gnarly

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Blue Train posted:

That's perhaps more metal than this waterslide kid.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Secular Humanist posted:

I think this is the only decapitation I've ever heard of in my life that didn't happen in a middle eastern country.

Off the top of my head :haw: my local amusement park in Virginia has had 4 deaths, one of them a decapitation:

- Young kid stood up on one of these, lost head to a crossbeam
- Suicidal man jumped off the 300-foot observation tower, they installed jailbars afterwards
- Retarded (like, actually mentally disabled) rider wiggled out of restraints on stand-up coaster, got thrown from it
- Woman with cardiac problems rode floorless coaster with wild inversions - did not survive the ride

I find it comforting that none of these were due to ride malfunction. Apparently the Galaxi was cheap carnival poo poo with no restraints in the cars, but still.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ofecks posted:

- Woman with cardiac problems rode floorless coaster with wild inversions - did not survive the ride

"I want off this wild ride, oh im dead"

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Decrepus posted:

"They say life's a rollercoaster, and oh im dead"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Decrepus posted:

Secular Humanist posted:

Lmao

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Ofecks posted:

http://www.vice.com/read/a-roller-coaster-designed-to-kill-people-999

quote:

The Euthanasia Coaster starts with a long, slow incline before a quarter-mile fall, which leads into a series of loops that are designed to create so much centrifugal force that you won't be able to breathe, finally dying from lack of oxygen to your brain.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Krinkle posted:

A standard drop from the gallows is 4 to 6 feet. That kid fell 168 feet. A rope isn't sharp either but if the hangman let you drop fifteen stories your head would pop the gently caress off and someone in the bleachers would get to take it home as a souvenir.

Back 100 years ago or whatever when UK was still doing executions the hangman was a professional (and I think only 1 or 2 in the whole country??) whose job it was to figure out the exact length that would break the neck fatally while not being so long that their head popped off.

Unless that thing loops for literal minutes I think that crazy guy forgot about one weird trick called 'holding your breath'.

e: head popping off was a pretty frequent occurrence until they got the formula down right. Or it being too short and the person slowly suffocated.

tsa fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 13, 2016

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

tsa posted:

Unless that thing loops for literal minutes I think that crazy guy forgot about one weird trick called 'holding your breath'.

you totally figured out an angle nobody else did, whoa, you just rekt this guys art project, drat, your so smart

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Its a slide for people willing to die so they aren't going to hold their breath if it could save them

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

this is metal AS gently caress

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 13, 2016

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Not really the same story but near my school they found a decapitated guy with his head 50ft from the chainsaw near his body and ruled it a suicide.
What I'm saying is this world is strange and exciting if you're a chainsaw.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also the centrifugal loop thing at the bottom of the Goliath drop at 6 Flags Magic Mountain will definitely start to tunnel vision you from lack of blood to the brain and that's just 1 loop so I feel like you'd pass out and be unable to hold your breath on said Deathcoaster

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

unpacked robinhood posted:

Not really the same story but near my school they found a decapitated guy with his head 50ft from the chainsaw near his body and ruled it a suicide.
What I'm saying is this world is strange and exciting if you're a chainsaw.

Did it roll down a hill or something? Or did he owe some cop a lot of money?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Code Jockey posted:

Idea for a drink, the Kansas Bloodslide:

Prepare blended pina colada, streak with Chambord, and top with a Macallan 12 year old floater

e. Cherry is served next to the glass, not in it

Make it a Bloody Caleb - just a Bloody Mary with a different name, served with a burnt piece of gristly meat covered in ketchup

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

tsa posted:

how about we subject you to 50G for only 20 seconds and you just hold your breath real hard

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Been watching 'leb footage set to blackened by metallica its pretty funny

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Secular Humanist posted:

The French Revolution was the Wahhabists fault.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ofecks posted:

Off the top of my head :haw: my local amusement park in Virginia has had 4 deaths, one of them a decapitation:

King's Dominion is rad, but Busch Gardens is way nicer. Only bad thing that happened at Busch Gardens was Fabio getting smashed in the face by a bird.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also, Harambe will be remembered long after this kid is forgotten. Think about it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Also, Harambe will be remembered long after this kid is forgotten. Think about it.

I already forgot about the kid till i saw this thread pop back up.

Harambe however, never leaves my heart.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
I was like 5 years old when I realized forward inertia began to lift objects upwards, how the gently caress did this ride last this long

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Try to run, try to hide, break my neck on the waterslide!

lol

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I used to work in a place where we received organs for research. We had to hear about how each person died to decide if we'd accept or not. Apparently decapitation is a common accident with people riding ATVs.

Don't ride ATVs through the woods really fast if you want to get ahead in life.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Well at least we know he died since he poo poo himself so hard that his shorts flew off

Talk about insult on top of injury.

Someone needs to update the gif.

Speaking of updates: https://www.yahoo.com/news/devastating-details-women-were-same-152945421.html

Two women on the ride were pretty hosed up: one broke her jaw, and the one who had an eye injury bruised her eye but fractured her cheekbone. I'm guessing they got the head at full force who clocked one lady in the jaw and then bounced and hit another in the face before flying away. Yikes.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 16, 2016

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Secular Humanist posted:

Move it over mom 'cause I got a bad ticker
Didn't read the warning on the entrance sticker
1, 2, 1, 2, 3, chest compressions ain't gonna save me
Lady went in, got spun all around
Died on the coaster with her pants turned brown
Death come slow, death come fast
2G twists gonna kill your rear end

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Blue Train posted:

Epic Phyall

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

I bet that dad is glad that he supported deregulation to attract business to kansas!

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

King's Dominion is rad, but Busch Gardens is way nicer. Only bad thing that happened at Busch Gardens was Fabio getting smashed in the face by a bird.

Haha, that was BG? Google images seem to indicate it was on Apollo's Chariot, that's pretty funny. Although if that happened to me I wouldn't think it was funny.

I agree BG is a nicer, beautiful park with good food and cool musicians and shows and stuff, but the rides just don't compare to KD. Their drop tower, for example, is just plain weak.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ofecks posted:

Haha, that was BG? Google images seem to indicate it was on Apollo's Chariot, that's pretty funny. Although if that happened to me I wouldn't think it was funny.

I agree BG is a nicer, beautiful park with good food and cool musicians and shows and stuff, but the rides just don't compare to KD. Their drop tower, for example, is just plain weak.

The girl speckled with blood is the best part

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
HAS ANYONE SAID HE WILL NEVER BE THE HEAD OF A MAJOR CORPORATION???

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I guess that goose will never be the face of a major brand!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think it was on these boards, but the best description of Islay scotch I've ever heard is "it tastes like someone pressed a bog mummy and bottled the delicious drippings."

That's called mung juice

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Secular Humanist posted:

Erm wasn't there one on a Canadian bus a couple of years ago

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax posted:

Yep - and the killer's free now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

JFairfax posted:

Just looked it up; that's somethin ya don't see every day! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
why are you weirdos still talking about this

• Locked thread