Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in life?
This poll is closed.
Idols 44 15.22%
Baps 77 26.64%
Robots 72 24.91%
3d 38 13.15%
Touhous 58 20.07%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Akira coming to theaters in September!

http://www.mangauk.com/post.php?p=akira-returns-to-the-big-screen-to-celebrate-the-25th-anniversary-of-manga-entertainment

In the UK. Lucky jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL3X20QP4Ts

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao can't wait for the inevitable bloodborne port to kill the ps4

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Prince Charles in London owns, they show a lot of anime films and just generally show old films in 35mm or 70mm whenever they can: https://www.princecharlescinema.com/

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

YES

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's nierly here!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

hooray for video game

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

hooray for video game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saw it last time it played in Liverpool, it's cool on a big screen

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I don't even care which one

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Also I am posting too fast. What the heck?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You broke the posting speed limit please go to jail.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

shinjuku swan is hilarious

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

DATACRIME

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

shinjuku swan is hilarious

it's really freaking good. i was afraid it was going to be purporseless dark stuff like yamikin ushijima but i'm glad i was wrong

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

What that

coathat
May 21, 2007

It makes me want to hit somebody with an ashtray.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3hjRKGrC40

heheheh

hahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CryingBigBoss.gif

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/9951298821

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

That's what we get for leaving that poor guy behind in the first place

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm excited.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Jesus

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

As dumb as it is, at least there's a solid game engine behind it so hopefully it will be fun to play.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's like a parody. This is literally the most bland and flavorless thing they could possibly have done with the brand - they're clearly even reusing old assets, probably a bid by those poor developers to try and justify their continued employment as long as possible. Like, people are saying "Oh, I dunno, it could play well" and, sure, I guess, but you couldn't do a more thorough job of scrubbing Metal Gear's personality away without simply not giving it a brand at all.

I mean, it doesn't actually surprise me that Konami is going cheap, boring, and generic now that they're in "bleed as many $ as possible out of the corpse" mode. Just saying.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 17, 2016

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That said, I never in a million years would have guessed this outcome

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Srice posted:

As dumb as it is, at least there's a solid game engine behind it so hopefully it will be fun to play.

i dont want to play mgsv open world gameplay without any of the management meta game!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

and with zombies!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's like a parody. This is literally the most bland and flavorless thing they could possibly have done with the brand - they're clearly even reusing old assets, probably a bid by those poor developers to try and justify their continued employment as long as possible. Like, people are saying "Oh, I dunno, it could play well" and, sure, I guess, but you couldn't do a more thorough job of scrubbing Metal Gear's personality away without simply not giving it a brand at all.

I mean, it doesn't actually surprise me that Konami is going cheap, boring, and generic now that they're in "bleed as many $ as possible out of the corpse" mode. Just saying.
they probably lost everyone that knows how to make a game with the fox engine so they're making this to figure out what all the buttons do before they commit their epic continuation of the metal gear saga

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I must have gone insane.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

*watches again*

...really insane.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

So insane I am breaking the speed limit again.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

i dont want to play mgsv open world gameplay without any of the management meta game!

I bet you can manage a base of survivors and infiltrate other survivor bases :grin:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

If you want to make a zombie game, fine. But don't shill it as a Metal Gear game for those sweet extra bucks. gently caress Konami.

Also

:(

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

they probably lost everyone that knows how to make a game with the fox engine so they're making this to figure out what all the buttons do before they commit their epic continuation of the metal gear saga

That's the other thing - even if they hadn't shitcanned Kojima I really don't see anything that interesting left to do with the Metal Gear brand beyond maybe a Rising sequel. MGS had already gotten kind of old well before V. It's peak AAA gaming in its need to wring every last scrap of cash and dignity out of a popular name.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it looks good and im looking forward to the first good mgs game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Davincie posted:

it looks good and im looking forward to the first good mgs game
posts that kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011