Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in life?
This poll is closed.
Idols 44 15.22%
Baps 77 26.64%
Robots 72 24.91%
3d 38 13.15%
Touhous 58 20.07%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't followed the Metal Gear storyline since like the second game (that I watched someone else play) is this following up on something from the newest game(s) or is it just a totally new thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Davincie posted:

it looks good and im looking forward to the first good mgs game

Failvincie

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I've never played any MGS but I'm gonna say that inter-dimensional zombies was not a turn I thought the series would take.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hello, you jerks! I haven't fully committed to anything after finishing Kuroko's harem of lean but hunky basketboys (Kiyoshi's my husbando, while my daughter went for boring but reliable Hanamichi Kagami)

I've heard good stuff about both Haikyuu! and Baby Steps. Are they both good? Is there any other sports anime I should watch instead? (pretty boys are not a must, but my daughter would appreciate it).

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I haven't followed the Metal Gear storyline since like the second game (that I watched someone else play) is this following up on something from the newest game(s) or is it just a totally new thing?

Dumb cheap spin off.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

ive never played a metal gear game either, but i appreciate the sexy woman that was in the newest one

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Most likely a "whole new thing"* with a few callbacks/references.

*(New thing might use lots of old assets)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

it "takes place" after Ground Zeroes, except instead of Mother Base tragically sinking into the ocean a wormhole sucks it up and sends it to zombie land

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo posted:

it "takes place" after Ground Zeroes, except instead of Mother Base tragically sinking into the ocean a wormhole sucks it up and sends it to zombie land

solid snake and the guy who played mark zuckerberg in the facebook movie are gonna kill some zombies

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Hello, you jerks! I haven't fully committed to anything after finishing Kuroko's harem of lean but hunky basketboys (Kiyoshi's my husbando, while my daughter went for boring but reliable Hanamichi Kagami)

I've heard good stuff about both Haikyuu! and Baby Steps. Are they both good? Is there any other sports anime I should watch instead? (pretty boys are not a must, but my daughter would appreciate it).

haikyuu

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Wait I thought Kojima didn't write it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

at the end of the game before the last one, snake's base is blown up and a lot of his men are killed. the premise of this thing is what if instead of dying they fell into a wormhole and had to fight dinosaurs aliens zombies lmao

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Additionally, I have no strong opinions concerning Metal Gear. The last one of those I played was the one ported to the 3DS.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Wark Say posted:

They're both awesome. Baby steps was my favorite sports manga before Haikyuu came along.

Haikyuu's anime has some VERY good gifs at least, and the ep or two I saw was a good adaptation. Not sure how good the anime version of Baby Steps is tho

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

ive never played a metal gear game either, but i appreciate the sexy woman that was in the newest one

every mgs game has a sexy woman though

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Haikyuu's great. I just finished the first season last week, and I'll hopefully have the second done in time to watch the third this fall. The guys aren't stereotypically hunky, but they're cute and care a lot about each other's feelings.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

every mgs game has a sexy woman though

some of them have several.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And also Snakes butt

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
and raiden's butt

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i appreciate the sexy women and men

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Droyer posted:

some of them have several.

if anything, this new one will have much less than average

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mgs4 ends with two sexy half-naked old man with muscle-toned bodies wrestling and kissing each other to the death

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

The Colonel posted:

mgs4 ends with two sexy half-naked old man with muscle-toned bodies wrestling and kissing each other to the death

and it was beautiful and glorious and I cried at the end

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
watch Haikyuu and ruin sports anime for yourself forever because nothing else can top it (except more HQ)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Metal Gear Solid was so fuckin good.

Haven't played anything past snake eater.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gon eat a pizza with chicken, mushroom, onion and peanuts

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

Metal Gear Solid was so fuckin good.

Haven't played anything past snake eater.
4 and V, are also very good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh and peace walker, which is the best MGS imo

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I meant to play them, just never got around to it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/tulipgoddess/status/765948957319110656?s=09

Go win a yuritopia.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

metal ge r is the greatest work of fiction evr made

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

El Burbo posted:

metal ge r is the greatest work of fiction evr made

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
snake eater was the only metal gear solid game i enjoyed

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

2 is my favorite.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z30Y572EmCk

Is this the greatest scene in anime ever?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

littleorv posted:

nah

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

the crow starring brandon lee is my favorite metal gear

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

5 eps into AmaBri. Isuzu remains cool. Kind of want to see more of the fairy sisters.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

littleorv posted:

its not even the greatest scene in nichijou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

5 eps into AmaBri. Isuzu remains cool. Kind of want to see more of the fairy sisters.

they're not sisters, just fairies

• Locked thread