Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

scald, knock off, a pixilated hyper voice.... these are moves i love to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't know if knock off should be removed but it probably needs to be toned down a tad

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Why didnt they just call it "knock it off" and have a fist shaking in midair, or a slap to the back of the head?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
my guilty pleasure of gen 6 was a nasty plot'd aura sphere

:rip:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They should have given Lucario the same gimmick in this game that they did in Smash

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

knock off should remove all items from the enemy's pokemon, and also do damage to them if they were holding an item, even if they're not in battle. just something to think about

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

even the ones in balls? how do you infiltrate balls?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

darkly, in an evil manner

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Megas are a mistake

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

jarbv posted:

even the ones in balls? how do you infiltrate balls?

The same way Beat Up lets pokemon in balls get their licks in.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Tired Moritz posted:

Megas are a mistake

more like, your face is a mistake

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Megas are a mistake

That's why they're being removed. They'll be fondly remembered years down the line, as a fun side gimmick.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I too will look back and think "ah, Pokémon, I remember when they were a side gimmick until they were removed entirely"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Zodack posted:

I too will look back and think "ah, Pokémon, I remember when they were a side gimmick until they were removed entirely"

foregoing actual pokemon and having trainers engage spirit fusion with Pokémon Shards was a good move i think

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

people wanted ash-greninja gone. now ash makes a super sentai pose and touches his greninja shard, to become ash-greninja himself. the future is bright

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Turning pokemon into stands named after rock and roll parody songs was a move for the ages.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Decus posted:

Turning pokemon into stands named after rock and roll parody songs was a move for the ages.

Good ol #151 and 150, U and U2

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Diance renamed Crazy Diamond

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/kuo0/status/765918730597445632

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
My favorite pokemon stand is Star Me.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Decus posted:

wow, that sounds horrible

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

foregoing actual pokemon and having trainers engage spirit fusion with Pokémon Shards was a good move i think

By spirit fusion you mean they wear the pokemon like costumes and pokemon turns into FurVille.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm just going off what i heard, but i hope it's more like battle network's crosses

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

i'm just going off what i heard, but i hope it's more like battle network's crosses

this and put full synchro in the game as an in-game mechanic, also grade the player on every battle

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

I hope it just means whenever I activate it the pokemon gets whatever hat i'm wearing. A huge flashy transformation sequence just to put a fedora on my Spoink.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Zoness posted:

this and put full synchro in the game as an in-game mechanic, also grade the player on every battle

gently caress it, just make Battle Network 7.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Xad posted:

I can live with that. Pokemon Battle Network sounds great.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xad posted:

Star Force 1, 2 and 3 were Battle Network 7, 8 and 9

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Zodack posted:

Good ol #151 and 150, U and U2

:golfclap:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

less laughter posted:

you've gone too far this time

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zoness posted:

That sounds like Tales with their Grade system, and it also sounds amazing. You can use the Grade like BP at the Battle Facility or whatever. Genius!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Thank you for visiting the Pokemon Megathread 6.0 page TYOOL 2016. Sun/Moon, Alola Forms, and Team Skull are cool.

Pokemon Gen VII: Making Gen I Great Again.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

NewFatMike posted:

Pokemon Gen VII: Making Gen I Great Again.

Between the Alola forms, Virtual Console games, and Pokemon Go whipping up G1 nostalgia in adults, I'd bet on a 3D Gen 1 remake this cycle instead of the assumed Gen 4 remakes. I'd rather be wrong about this.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

No need for a remake when the originals are readily available and compatible. And the originals are the best way to capitalize on nostalgia.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ate they updating the move list and eliminating the most egregious bugs?

(twenty years later I'm still trying to figure out why they only made one dragon move and make it do set damage to boot)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

less laughter posted:

get out.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zoness posted:

my guilty pleasure of gen 6 was a nasty plot'd aura sphere

:rip:

at the beginning of x/y I used a double adaptability sd crawdaunt + nasty plot mega-lucario team with prankster screens and a sub-pass scolipede

it was fun to watch teams explode

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Diet Poison posted:

Between the Alola forms, Virtual Console games, and Pokemon Go whipping up G1 nostalgia in adults, I'd bet on a 3D Gen 1 remake this cycle instead of the assumed Gen 4 remakes. I'd rather be wrong about this.

I hope you're wrong as well, since Gen 4 is what made me love Pokemon. Particularly Platinum.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

No need for a remake when the originals are readily available and compatible. And the originals are the best way to capitalize on nostalgia.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to capitalize on nostalgia at a $40 price point though instead of just $10. Or more like $80 since they'd be banking on "transfer RBY to S&M with new alola forms" and then "transfer RBY to the RBY remakes because I heard you like RBY!" later.

Still, I expect a gen 4 remake maybe with added Sinnoh forms if the idea is well-received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Too soon to remake DS games.

• Locked thread