Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Wade Wilson posted:

No, the guy literally said this in the video that's being posted everywhere about it, it's kind of difficult to take out of context.

Its Giuliani's fault regardless, I think the most likely explanation is he just misspoke. He's probably got 9/11 so ingrained in his head after everything that happened that the "Aside from 9/11" part of the sentence gets left out because he thinks of it as extremely obvious.

Unless he's got dementia, which I suppose is a possibility, the guy knows that 9/11 happened. The whole thing just seems like such a dumb non-story especially considering that Trump himself will probably say something equally stupid today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

He's trying to push the narrative that 'before Obama and Clinton came around' terrorism was unsuccessful, and while they were in office terrorists were much more successful, and if we elect Trump they wont be again. So for him to have purposely misspoken to omit 9/11 doesn't seem unlikely to me.

EDIT: and the idea that he'd be called on this bullshit probably didn't enter his head, because who cares, the Trump supporters want to hear this stuff and the criticism and backlash doesn't even register for them.

Blackchamber has a new favorite as of 17:38 on Aug 16, 2016

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Isn't this the second time he's said this too? Being taken out of context goes out the window a little bit after the first time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I assume people just have me blocked or something, but again, he was talking about 9/11 and the 1993 WTC bombing extensively just before he made that claim.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/15/politics/rudy-giuliani-donald-trump-9-11-terror-attack/index.html

The narrative, such as it is, is that we cracked down with hard-line tactics for the (roughly) 8 years between 9/11 and Obama's inauguration, and after that there were a bunch more attacks both domestically and abroad.

It's a dumb claim for a whole variety of reasons, but he's not trying to whitewash 9/11. Come on.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
It's more of the "what he really meant to say" nonsense we've been seeing throughout this long, terrible campaign.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

NLJP posted:

Isn't this the second time he's said this too? Being taken out of context goes out the window a little bit after the first time.

It basically just makes him look like a weasel and a moron at the same time.

"If I completely disregard reality, things were great back then."

Yeah he knows 9/11 happened, but he's still willing to try and gloss over it to score political points for Trump.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's funny (well, :airquote: funny :airquote:) is that Bush spent those eight years falling all over himself to not be offensive or glib about who the enemy was; all his speeches had to be carefully vetted and run through endless filters to make sure he didn't inadvertently say something that would sour our relations with the Muslim nations we depend upon to be on our side.

Trump's running on a platform that is basically "gently caress weasel words, we're gonna just go ahead and say all Muslims are the enemy" because they know they'll automatically get the vote of everyone who thought Bush was too diplomatic. Evidently they feel that's enough people to carry an election.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Obama took office in 2009 so 8 years before that was January 200...nope, still a loving stupid thing to say.

We know what he meant. But only because that's literally the only thing he ever talks about. He still got the number of years wrong.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Some sporty themed fails. 00:40 is perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClRiAQmbAwc

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

The Daily News has been outspokenly left wing for some time now.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

fap fap SPLOOGE posted:

The Daily News has been outspokenly left wing for some time now.

Nah they're still all about Israel and loving our cops.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

WarpedNaba posted:

I knew a girl whose last name was McKenzie. Being near her was a punishment, she had the personality, dress sense and physique to match.

haha cool

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

WarpedNaba posted:

I knew a girl whose last first name was McKenzie. Being near her was a punishment, she had the personality, dress sense and physique to match.

:same:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

tunah posted:

Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

It's really the only sensible thing to do. If its done safely, therapeutically, there's no danger involved.

:v:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

bamhand posted:

Jason Miller

Ooh, a new persona!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Somfin posted:

Ooh, a new persona!

IIRC it's an ex Z-Killer staff.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If you poke fun at stupidity on both ends of the aisle then people will assume you have a liberal bias.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Rondette posted:

Some sporty themed fails. 00:40 is perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClRiAQmbAwc

I love the blonde lady reacting in realtime at 2:06.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Bike races where they have massive clusters of riders is always funny to me. All it takes is one slip and 10-20 people are going down. Yeah its a totally good idea to run things like that why not.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FalloutGod posted:

Bike races where they have massive clusters of riders is always funny to me. All it takes is one slip and 10-20 people are going down. Yeah its a totally good idea to run things like that why not.

They're trying to draft and trade off leads.

It's a team effort, keep somebody strong to finish and then the team wins.

And sometimes they gently caress it up.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Psh, nobody in the history of bicycle races has ever thought of not running into each other?!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Blackchamber posted:

He's trying to push the narrative that 'before Obama and Clinton came around' terrorism was unsuccessful, and while they were in office terrorists were much more successful, and if we elect Trump they wont be again. So for him to have purposely misspoken to omit 9/11 doesn't seem unlikely to me.

EDIT: and the idea that he'd be called on this bullshit probably didn't enter his head, because who cares, the Trump supporters want to hear this stuff and the criticism and backlash doesn't even register for them.

It's exactly the kind of thing for which the question "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" was invented

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
http://i.imgur.com/I1Id0oc.gifv

aftermath:

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Is that a sewer line?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

(this kills the resale value)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:barf:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It'll wash right out

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Dutch gymnast eats poo poo off the high bar last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TQpzAlI3VY

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

plain blue jacket posted:

Is that a sewer line?

I'm going to be optimistic and say that looks like a pressurized water main, not sewage. It looks like most of the "brown" is soil rather than sludge.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Always a classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn69hfjqAsg
Thieving monkeys and a black lab thats like: "Its okay, food guy. I still have my stuffed penguin!" :3:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Always a classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn69hfjqAsg
Thieving monkeys and a black lab thats like: "Its okay, food guy. I still have my stuffed penguin!" :3:

The accident with the red convertible at the end is a nice little textbook example of what not to do. The guy starts off correcting the right way with counter-steering but then he makes the big mistake of panic braking, the weight shifts to the front tires giving them sudden increased grip however the tires are now facing the wrong direction and the car pulls hard right. The driver attempts a second correction but it's already too late, the front tires have breached the optimal slip angle and the car goes into an uncontrollable 4 wheel slide.

Of course all this is a lot easier to process after the fact but that's why you work your way up to a fast car.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RillAkBea posted:

Of course all this is a lot easier to process after the fact but that's why you work your way up to a fast car.

But I had a feeling I could be someone. :(

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Courtesy of Facebook: Guy carries vape battery in pants pocket. Guy puts change in pants pocket. Coins contact vape battery terminals, causing schadenfreude.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That fingernail is disgusting.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Wasabi the J posted:

If it's publicly accessible private property and they don't have physical means to enforce any limits or standards, and the defense can prove people have played video games in that park before, they may establish that there's no reasonable way to discriminate between video games and sanctioned activities on that property.

A sudden influx of unknown people into your quiet part of town would be alarming; I don't think it's necessarily a dogwhistle racism thing, considering if there were suddenly fifty more people in the tiny park in my neighboorhood, I would be surprised too. That being said, I wouldn't give a poo poo if people were even walking around the street unless they start probing people's personal property.

If I know anything about white bougie fucks it's 100% a combination of greed and racism, with the racism making up the majority of the motive.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Improbable Lobster posted:

If I know anything about white bougie fucks it's 100% a combination of greed and racism, with the racism making up the majority of the motive.
Well, you do sound like a dispassionate observer.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Strudel Man posted:

Well, you do sound like a dispassionate observer.

Sorry that I'm not objective enough on the Something Awful Dot Com Comedy Forums Post Your Favourite Subforum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
LA Beast update: he was speeding and flipped his car and got a collapsed lung during the crash and from the way he tells it he could have easily been killed if things had gone slightly differently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8mo50j5g08

There's a GBS thread all about it