Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DariusLikewise posted:

For someone who identifies as a Libertarian you sure do like telling every person what they should and should not enjoy.

I'm not telling them what to enjoy, I'm telling them a better way to enjoy it. I believe even CBC offers podcasts or streaming, both of which are inherently superior to radio broadcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Except he already has a radio and his tax dollars are already paying for the CBC. No need to spend more money, he already has what he wants. Ergo, shut up.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

PT6A posted:

You can put a new stereo system with bluetooth into the car without buying a new car. You know that, right?

Then you'll have the option to listen to podcasts, your music, streaming music, radio, take phone calls safely if necessary, all while maintaining the radio as an option.

If I were commuting by car regularly, I'd certainly want it to be as comfortable a space as possible. Just sayin'

I try and see the best in people and still respond to your posts, but seriously I don't know why I bother, you're super obnoxious, jesus christ.

Yes, I know I can buy a separate car stereo. gently caress.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

He may have Bluetooth, but he's still got the baby back bitch engine.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Good lord PT6A, dial it back a bit man. It's the CanPol thread, not the CanPol + PT6A's detailed boring opinions on every possible thing that he can think of thread.

Anyway in CanPol news: my cautious optimism is beginning to turn back into bitter cynicism. WHO COULD HAVE FORSEEN THIS OUTCOME!?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Butcher posted:

Anyway in CanPol news: my cautious optimism is beginning to turn back into bitter cynicism. WHO COULD HAVE FORSEEN THIS OUTCOME!?

Good news: Fewer penises in the country song
Bad news: C-51 still law for some reason

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Radio is designed to shape public consciousness, look at how formulaic the Top 40 and Classic Rock/Country stations are. It's to keep the status quo and people like that because it makes them feel safe if they can turn on the radio and get exactly what they expect to receive.

With new music / podcasts you might here some stuff that doesn't line up with your beliefs/what society wants you to believe.

Top 40 music is designed to hit your brains pleasure centers so you can better receive the advertisements on the radio

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Fried Watermelon posted:

Radio is designed to shape public consciousness, look at how formulaic the Top 40 and Classic Rock/Country stations are.

But Nirvana is on classic rock stations now but it used to be new edgy stuff how does that work eh buddy?

Fluffy Chainsaw
Jul 6, 2016

I'm likely a pissant middle manager who pisses off IT with worthless requests. There is no content within my posts other than a garbage act akin to a know-it-all, which likely is how I behave in real life. It's really hard for me to comprehend how much I am hated by everyone.
Learning nothing from Carr, another LPC minister spends far too much on cab fare. The delightful twist here is that it all went to one of her campaign volunteers.

Liberal Health Minister spent $1,700 in one day on limousine service to travel around Greater Toronto Area posted:

OTTAWA — Health Minister Jane Philpott spent about $1,700 having a car service drive her around the Greater Toronto Area for a day, according to documents obtained through access to information.

Philpott attended three events on March 31, travelling from her home in the federal riding of Markham—Stouffville to Hamilton, from Hamilton to Toronto, and back to her riding again to attend a gala.

It was a busy day that also included $211 in airfare, according to publicly available travel expense reports.

Philpott travelled to Hamilton that day to announce roughly $20 million in funding for chronic disease research at McMaster University.

In Toronto, she participated in an announcement by the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement and the Canadian Frailty Network that Mount Sinai Hospital’s elder health care strategy would be extended to 18 other facilities.

The day ended at a James Bond-themed gala at the Angus Glen Golf Club in support of the Evergreen Hospice in Stouffville.

The bill for ground transportation amounted to $1,709, including a $223 gratuity, all charged to Philpott’s Health Canada account.

That amount, which covered a full day’s worth of service, was paid to Executive Sedan Livery Service Inc., a Toronto-based limousine company. Its owner, Reza Shirani, was a volunteer on Philpott’s electoral campaign last year, his LinkedIn profile says.

Philpott’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Shiran told the National Post he is a member of the Liberal Party and has previously canvassed for other candidates. “I volunteer for everybody,” he said. “Any Liberal.”

He said he doesn’t believe Philpott was aware of his occupation, though he attended a gathering where she thanked campaign volunteers.

The services were booked “way after I was volunteering for her campaign,” Shirani said, adding the two don’t have a special relationship.

While it’s not unusual for cabinet ministers to spend significant amounts on transportation, especially when events are scheduled closely together, natural resources minister Jim Carr drew fire for spending almost $1,800 on a February outing to a Winnipeg Jets hockey game, according to media reports from July, $525 of which went towards a one-kilometre limousine ride for a group of visiting energy ministers and ambassadors.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...er-toronto-area

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Just think, it's almost certainly going to be the steady drip-drip-drip of articles, spread over the next four to ten years, about Liberal cabinet ministers misusing their expense accounts $1,000 at a time that will eventually turn the public against the Liberals again and lead to another Conservative government so that the cycle can re-set. The billions of handouts they'll give to corporations or the damage they do to our tax code will, if anything, keep them in power longer than they would be otherwise.

Aagar
Mar 30, 2006

E/N Gestapo
I am talking to a mod right now about getting you probated/banned/gassed

The Butcher posted:

Good lord PT6A, dial it back a bit man. It's the CanPol thread, not the CanPol + PT6A's detailed boring opinions on every possible thing that he can think of thread.

Casting my lot in also with bitter cynicism. A few nice moves at the start, followed by a bunch of new-boss-same-as-the-old-boss with a bunch of bullshit rhetoric mixed in.

I'm with CI - where is BunnyofDoom? I don't even want him to post to defend his party - it would just be nice to know he's still reading so that I know he's experiencing all the abuse we can heap on him.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
If Somethingawful has taught me anything, it is that PT6A's car setup is a bad idea...

Unless PT6A uses the patented "FONERWALL" system, then Hax0rz can get into his comptar machene and steal his TCMLBB packets. If he does not use CLIENT LOOPBACK PROTECTIONE then chances are he'll be driving all happily in his car, JeffK will hack into his phone, gain control of the steering column, drive straight into a giant vat of toxic waste like that guy in Robocop.

Then he will emerge, and we will have the next Rex Murphy - which could be a good thing depending on your perspective...

In other words, stick with Radio and you'll be fine.

Guigui fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 17, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I'm concerned for you, did you just have a stroke?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

With the exception of the live axle, those things haven't been replaced by a superior alternative. We have podcasts now. You get to hear more in-depth discussions about topics that interest you more specifically, and you're not beholden to the whims of some twit at the CBC who schedules the radio programs. You can pause it and then come back to it later, so you can listen to longer discussions than your commute would otherwise allow. You can listen to it while driving out of the range of a local radio broadcast. Your enjoyment cannot be affected by a faulty transmitter, nor by bad weather.

I have no idea why anyone would listen to radio anymore.

...you're aware that new mustangs have live axles in them, right?

Fluffy Chainsaw
Jul 6, 2016

I'm likely a pissant middle manager who pisses off IT with worthless requests. There is no content within my posts other than a garbage act akin to a know-it-all, which likely is how I behave in real life. It's really hard for me to comprehend how much I am hated by everyone.

Aagar posted:

Casting my lot in also with bitter cynicism. A few nice moves at the start, followed by a bunch of new-boss-same-as-the-old-boss with a bunch of bullshit rhetoric mixed in.

I'm with CI - where is BunnyofDoom? I don't even want him to post to defend his party - it would just be nice to know he's still reading so that I know he's experiencing all the abuse we can heap on him.

He's here. Lurking. Scared to comment lest it filter back to LPCHQ.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
A wild bod may appear :iiam:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Bunny is exactly the sort of careerist political hack that's at the core of the rot within all our political parties. Always be campaigning, even on lovely forums. I know a couple of NDP volunteers that ended up getting paid gigs and they're just the orange version of Bunnyofdoom. Just mindlessly on-message at all times, always in full marketing/campaign mode. Everything out of their mouths, every event they go to, every facebook post had some slight partisan bent to it. Their entire lives structured around boosting their chosen party and climbing the internal ladder. Maybe they personally believed in something when they first got involved, but there's no room for that anymore, that part of their brain has been replaced with an implant connected directly to whatever their party's latest soundbites are. But it's ok, it's all for the greater good. They know their party is flawed (but will never admit it), but it's the lesser evil so no argument is too disingenuous, no tactic too hypocritical, no soundbite too intellectually dishonest so long as it's done in the name of getting more votes for their party. Criticizing (or even having an ounce of self-reflection) the party is just giving ammo to the other teams, so don't even allow those sorts of conversations, steer it to how other parties are worse or just ignore any topic that might involve those sorts of discussions.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Entropic posted:

I'm still mad that As It Happens changed their theme song.

After about a week I couldn't remember the old one.

Its dorky as hell but I have a long-standing soft spot for CBC radio. Sure I shake my head, argue, or correct whoever's speaking quite a lot, but they have good stuff sometimes. They have some sort of drive right now to make their programs more about people or some poo poo and that kinda sucks. Shows like Ideas can be fantastic, and their morning show babble isn't usually that bad.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Why yes, it truly is a mystery why BoD doesn't want to deal with all you craft-beer Marxists, making GBS threads on him for every little thing.

We'll have to put our finest minds on it immediately, to discover why this is happening!

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
im a malt liquor hoxhaist, way to pay attention

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Bunnyofdoom wanted to be free from ever having to justify or explain his party's actions while also being free to criticize the other party's. If he had just outright refused to discuss politics and only ever posted about the experience of being a liberal staffer on the hill then nobody would have given him that much poo poo. But while refusing to defend his own party he was always very eager to attack the conservatives or NDP. His last argument here was an incredibly asinine attempt to claim that the NDP were against "collective bargaining". And when called out on this he immediately resorted to ad hominem attacks and claimed everyone was "lying" about him, and when pressed for examples of these lies he stormed off in a huff and never came back.

I'm not sure why a massive cry baby hypocrite is all that deserving of sympathy. His real complaint wasn't that the thread was an NDP circle jerk, his complaint is that it wasn't a pro-LPC circle jerk.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Ambrose Burnside posted:

im a malt liquor hoxhaist, way to pay attention

Tokin Trot checking in :ussr: :420:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Helsing posted:

Bunnyofdoom wanted to be free from ever having to justify or explain his party's actions while also being free to criticize the other party's. If he had just outright refused to discuss politics and only ever posted about the experience of being a liberal staffer on the hill then nobody would have given him that much poo poo. But while refusing to defend his own party he was always very eager to attack the conservatives or NDP. His last argument here was an incredibly asinine attempt to claim that the NDP were against "collective bargaining". And when called out on this he immediately resorted to ad hominem attacks and claimed everyone was "lying" about him, and when pressed for examples of these lies he stormed off in a huff and never came back.

I'm not sure why a massive cry baby hypocrite is all that deserving of sympathy. His real complaint wasn't that the thread was an NDP circle jerk, his complaint is that it wasn't a pro-LPC circle jerk.

To be fair, the NDP and the Cons are still way worse, so wanting the thread to be at least as in favour of the Liberals as either of those parties is Objectively Correct and I'll not hear a word against it.

Aagar
Mar 30, 2006

E/N Gestapo
I am talking to a mod right now about getting you probated/banned/gassed

PT6A posted:

Why yes, it truly is a mystery why BoD doesn't want to deal with all you craft-beer Marxists, making GBS threads on him for every little thing.

We'll have to put our finest minds on it immediately, to discover why this is happening!

You get poo poo on for every little thing, and are repeatedly asked (going over years now) to gently caress off and stop posting. If you can wade through it and still manage to shower us with your useless opinions, I'd expect BoD could manage the same.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

PT6A posted:

To be fair, the NDP and the Cons are still way worse, so wanting the thread to be at least as in favour of the Liberals as either of those parties is Objectively Correct and I'll not hear a word against it.

Hey, remember how you were saying two years ago you had to vote Conservative because you were sure that if the Liberals came back into power they would implement the National Energy Program again -- a fear so ill founded it would sound stupid coming from a 14 year old? And then you changed this opinion entirely because you had a beer with your local liberal representative and decided he was a good guy? Your posts are like a compass that automatically swings to the dumbest possible opinion with unerring accuracy. And not even an interesting form of stupidity, because almost everything you post seems to come from this weird, narcissistic sense of neediness in which you cannot tolerate a conversation which doesn't revolve around you.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Aagar posted:

You get poo poo on for every little thing, and are repeatedly asked (going over years now) to gently caress off and stop posting. If you can wade through it and still manage to shower us with your useless opinions, I'd expect BoD could manage the same.

Presumably despite working the LPC, Bunny of Doom still has some self respect.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Helsing posted:

Hey, remember how you were saying two years ago you had to vote Conservative because you were sure that if the Liberals came back into power they would implement the National Energy Program again -- a fear so ill founded it would sound stupid coming from a 14 year old? And then you changed this opinion entirely because you had a beer with your local liberal representative and decided he was a good guy? Your posts are like a compass that automatically swings to the dumbest possible opinion with unerring accuracy. And not even an interesting form of stupidity, because almost everything you post seems to come from this weird, narcissistic sense of neediness in which you cannot tolerate a conversation which doesn't revolve around you.

you're feeding the beast

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Helsing posted:

It was not changed by having a beer with my MP, my mind was changed by Justin Trudeau actually coming out west, paying attention to Alberta and what people thought here, and promising to responsibly support the energy industry here. I didn't vote for the federal Liberal party until well after that.

I'm not a partisan, I'll happily vote for whichever party most closely aligns with the things I think are important, and until JT assumed the Liberal leadership, that was the CPC. Now, it's still the LPC despite the fact I disagree with plenty of what they're doing.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Helsing posted:

I like mean Helsing

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 9, 2022

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I would gladly trade tired PT6A posts for Bunnyofdoom's LPC shill posts. Is there a greasemonkey script for this?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I guess if the NDP hadn't run such a terrible campaign things might be different?

(Actually they'd probably be doing about the same as the Liberals, in order to be seen as a 'credible governing party'.)

I didn't get what I wanted (a minority government) out of the election but I am more than compensated by the fact I get at least 4 years of bitter tears to consume here from the horrible whiny losers on this forum.

Of course BoD stopped posting, he wants to keep his day job. This shocks you somehow? The minute he said anything not agreeable to any of a long list of posters here it'd be sent to the LPC with a demand he be fired immediately. Hell it might already have happened and he was told 'stop posting if you like your job'. Tell me it wouldn't happen, seriously, with the type of poo poo Ikantski and Helsing alone rave about.

Hopefully there'll be better leadership and direction from the NDP and we can do better next election. Didn't Jack say something about hope? Oh wait, you despise Jack for selling out. I forgot.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Why can't we just get along?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
I can safely say that we have a regular contributor to this thread that is involved with the Tories in some capacity. For the sake of not doxxing them, I won't be revealing who they are but we know enough about this person to say that they're pretty horrible in real life.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I put PT6A on ignore years ago because he's a stupid, childish little poo poo who adds nothing to the conversation except a piercing, shrill reminder that right leaning individuals all share the same awful traits, differing only in degree

The only posts more worthless than his are the occasional "well, you lot are all hosed because of The Goon Hivemind/You're all leftist lackeys!/whatever" diatribes from posters whose identities I can't be bothered to remember

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Why can't we just get along?

Because you like the Leafs. :v:

Back to CBC radio chat, I miss having The 180 with Jim Brown and The Current on during the weekdays on my commute home from work. The Candy Palmater Show just doesn't cut it. These human interest stories bore me to tears. Sometimes she has interesting guests but most of the time it's really banal poo poo.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Rust Martialis posted:

Tell me it wouldn't happen, seriously, with the type of poo poo Ikantski and Helsing alone rave about.

Unless one of you is Kathleen Wynne, I've never tried to get anyone here fired.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Helsing posted:

:five:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Rust Martialis posted:

I guess if the NDP hadn't run such a terrible campaign things might be different?

(Actually they'd probably be doing about the same as the Liberals, in order to be seen as a 'credible governing party'.)

I didn't get what I wanted (a minority government) out of the election but I am more than compensated by the fact I get at least 4 years of bitter tears to consume here from the horrible whiny losers on this forum.

Of course BoD stopped posting, he wants to keep his day job. This shocks you somehow? The minute he said anything not agreeable to any of a long list of posters here it'd be sent to the LPC with a demand he be fired immediately. Hell it might already have happened and he was told 'stop posting if you like your job'. Tell me it wouldn't happen, seriously, with the type of poo poo Ikantski and Helsing alone rave about.

Hopefully there'll be better leadership and direction from the NDP and we can do better next election. Didn't Jack say something about hope? Oh wait, you despise Jack for selling out. I forgot.

Hey, it's cool that you decided to start writing CanPol fan fiction and I'm flattered that me and my co-star Ikantski get top billing as antagonists, but bunnyofdoom posted here for years without anyone ever trying to doxx him or wishing any kind of ill will on him as a person (with the obvious caveat of CI, the thread's court jester). If you want to read the actual circumstances of his last post it's easy to find them and spoiler alert, he left because me and him had a dumb meta-argument where I called him a hypocrite for attacking the other parties when he refused to defend his own. It wasn't my finest moment as a poster but I think it reflects poorly on you that you assume people who disagree with you politically must be the most awful kind of monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Someone bought bunny an avatar of his face. He was absolutely doxxed.