Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Do you lads reckon my coach who's been given extra time to get his qualifications will finally get it this time? Or ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
One of my guys did. After about 5 years of trying. The moron.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Interesting offer here for FM17...

quote:

Planning on snapping up Football Manager 2017 and own a previous Football Manager title?

As a ‘thank-you’ to loyal fans of the series we’ve worked with our friends at Valve to offer a Steam-only discount of 5% off for every Football Manager game owned on PC, Mac or Linux dating back to Football Manager 2013. This means there’s a possible 20% available to fans who own the last 4 versions of the game!

As well as the discount, fans who pre-purchase from Steam will also be rewarded with a range of free downloadable content for Football Manager Touch including “Board override”, “No firing”, “All job applications”, “National management”, as well as 3 brand new challenges to play in the “Challenge” game mode.

You’ll also enjoy access to a fully-playable Beta version of the game, which will be available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date.

This offer is only available to fans who pre-purchase FM17 from Steam and, to qualify for multiple discounts, previous titles must be owned within one Steam account. Multiple Steam logins cannot be used.

This pre-purchase offer is available until 11.59 GMT on Friday 14th October so be sure to get the deal wrapped-up well in advance.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Has any info on what new features to distract you from all the broken poo poo has been added this year?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

The Croc posted:

Has any info on what new features to distract you from all the broken poo poo has been added this year?

Gunna have to hire a data analyst and statistics analyst and all your matches will have ADVANCED STATS PHOWARED BY PROZONE(TM)

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 17, 2016

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Just signed Gareth Bale for his MLS retirement tour :toot:

Fake edit: also got invited to come to Europe as the sacrificial lamb for Hazard's testimonial.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

The Croc posted:

They appear to have announced the game with zero new features announced.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mandalay posted:

Interesting offer here for FM17...

Fuckin bullshit I've got back to 09 on steam ffs

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Mandalay posted:

They appear to have announced the game with zero new features announced.

Maybe they spent all their time making the match engine work properly. :roflolmao:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sassassin posted:

Fuckin bullshit I've got back to 09 on steam ffs
i bought 16 straight games in the series, from CM00/01 to FM15. didn't buy 16 largely because of how bad the design-a-manager graphical assets were. not even joking.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

St Evan Echoes posted:

i bought 16 straight games in the series, from CM00/01 to FM15. didn't buy 16 largely because of how bad the design-a-manager graphical assets were. not even joking.

I have them all because im a giant fm whore and have been since cm 97/98 :(

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

16 is probably in context the worst release in a decade, maybe SI are too focused on making motorsport manager or whatever.

The whole process of releasing the broken game after testing a different one in beta, acting like it's being fixed and complaining is not allowed though mostly just saying "it's your tactics mate" , and then 6 months later saying "well sorry hopefully we can fix it in 2017 it's all just so unfortunate. "

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The 16.3 patch had a few irrelevant tiny match engine changes and ignored all the big issues they said they would fix, because they either gave up or couldn't figure out how. Be sceptical of this pre order, they suppress bad feedback too much to have learnt anything.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I would've preferred if they just rolled back to the FM16 beta engine and stuck the latest version number on that.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
I didn't buy 16 on account of people saying how poor the match engine was. Anyways I hope they add the brexit demolishing the value of the pound as a feature. So I can raid EPL clubs like a wall street baron and maximize the value of the market as a pseudo wenger type manager.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Nothing will ever beat championship manager and championship manager italia. Released by a company that my brain tells me dolmeo (almkst certainly wrong).

Entering scores from the game manual to avoid piracy (although 2-1 always worked after a few tries)
Max wage of 9,999 (although peter schmiechal always wanted more)
Players randomly moving abroad at end of season and nothing you could do to stop it.
2-3-5 being a workable tactic
Platt buyable for 4m
loving john aldridge buyable and still boss
AC Milans amazing player No. 10

Ahhh memories.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

8bitlawd posted:

Anyways I hope they add the brexit demolishing the value of the pound as a feature.

Another brilliant feature for future versions : take charge of your club's foreign exchange strategy! Hedge it all or mutualize it through a currency portfolio! Take part in analyst interviews to keep your debt rating as high as possible! In-match real-time trading!

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Nothing will ever beat championship manager and championship manager italia. Released by a company that my brain tells me dolmeo (almkst certainly wrong).

I think it was Domark (later to become Eidos).

I've bought every version of the game since I picked up Champ Manager Holland/Belgium when all the various leagues came as different discs. Couple of months later got the Italian version

When all the regens were just straight copies of retired players - picking up a 19 year old Maradona for £100k

Stotty fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 18, 2016

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
More FM bullshit that makes no sense, won the league for the fourth year in a row, the FA Cup, Champions League and (lol) the Community Shield, my star striker would rather be at 11th placed Leicester instead. Wtf.

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 31, 2023

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
He probably isn't getting enough game time. How many league matches did he start in the last year?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Mandalay posted:

He probably isn't getting enough game time. How many league matches did he start in the last year?

31 games, 18 goals. I'm baffled.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Did your chairman take him to brothels in Thailand or buy him a brand new BMW?

Shroud
May 11, 2009
You need to buy your players pizza. New option only available in FM17, though.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

31 games, 18 goals. I'm baffled.

That sucks. I only get messages like that when I've under rotated my squad and some guy has only started 50% of matches or whatever. Lame

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This is why new FMs suck.

Like in my first game of FM15, I was rotating my centre backs right from the start and like one month into the season two of them came to me simultaneously complaining about not getting game time despite starting both of my Champions League games, because I had been resting them on the weekend to save energy for the more important games in midweek. There was no option to tell them "You're literally my first choice centre back and have been starting in the Champions League you moron" and they both got super unhappy and unsettled from the conversation. Turned out that the game didn't count anything other than the league when calculating playing time for players to get unhappy. The more complicated they make this game, the more they manage to gently caress it up.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Probably still trying to work out how to implement the new one person kick offs.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ragingsheep posted:

Probably still trying to work out how to implement the new one person kick offs.

They probably spent the last 11 months figuring out how to put refs behind the goals and integrate the game with Snapchat.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
lol if i cant tweet a highlight directly from the ME

#FM17

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

This is why new FMs suck.

Like in my first game of FM15, I was rotating my centre backs right from the start and like one month into the season two of them came to me simultaneously complaining about not getting game time despite starting both of my Champions League games, because I had been resting them on the weekend to save energy for the more important games in midweek. There was no option to tell them "You're literally my first choice centre back and have been starting in the Champions League you moron" and they both got super unhappy and unsettled from the conversation. Turned out that the game didn't count anything other than the league when calculating playing time for players to get unhappy. The more complicated they make this game, the more they manage to gently caress it up.

Group stage Champions League games aren't first team football.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Got bored with my Andorra save because the schedule was so weird so I thought I'd go with San Marino. Unfortunately their league is even weirder with 15 teams split into two groups (that change every season with no rhyme or reason) and a championship tournament at the end of the year between the top 3 from each group. At least the players are a bit better and in my second CL year I managed to make it to the group stage thanks to a pretty lucky draw of an Armenian team, a Bulgarian team, a Hungarian team, and a Bosnian team. Now I'm in the toughest group and going to get absolutely destroyed.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Can't wait for every player with 'Argues with officials' to get sent off every second game thanks to the new rules about dissent

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't wait for every player with 'Argues with officials' to get sent off every second game thanks to the new rules about dissent
Don't forget the shirt pulling focus either! It's a new dawn for defending corners and crosses.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

Lol if you think they're actually going to code in the new rules properly, at most they'll just push up the global card% by 10 and leave it at that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Julio Cruz posted:

Lol if you think they're actually going to code in the new rules properly, at most they'll just push up the global card% by 10 and leave it at that.

Only x freekicks from just outside the area are scored per season so it's entirely realistic to see your 18 free kicks taker balloon 30 over the bar every game.

You can't argue with maths.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sassassin posted:

Only x freekicks from just outside the area are scored per season so it's entirely realistic to see your 18 free kicks taker balloon 30 over the bar every game.

You can't argue with maths.

I wouldn't even be mad if they never went in but at least went close, but I don't see Payet/Willian/Sigurdsson hitting a free kick closer to the corner flag every second attempt irl. Same with one on ones, fine if a player misses it but being clean through and then shanking it out for a throw just doesn't fuckin happen and it ruins MY IMMERSION

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I scored a free kick for the first time in 300 hours last week and it was genuinely the most shocking thing I've ever seen in game

edit: also I don't know if it's just me but I've never scored a goal where a striker breaks away after a long ball through, the defenders ALWAYS catch up with me no matter how much pace/acceleration my stiker has

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Bogan Krkic posted:

I wouldn't even be mad if they never went in but at least went close, but I don't see Payet/Willian/Sigurdsson hitting a free kick closer to the corner flag every second attempt irl. Same with one on ones, fine if a player misses it but being clean through and then shanking it out for a throw just doesn't fuckin happen and it ruins MY IMMERSION

Yeah worst thing with one on ones is when your striker gets a couple "clear cut chance" clean through 1 on 1 but surprise, it's only like a 5% chance to score so now he has 6.1 match rating and his head has dropped.

Meanwhile your right back who let in 2 goals and did nothing on attack is running around with a 8.0 rating.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 22, 2016

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The best solution I've found to 1 on 1s getting missed is to make sure your striker has good dribbling and decisions, my main striker has started just taking a touch around the keeper and netting like 80% of his one on ones despite not having any PPMs to suggest he will. I can only assume it's dribbling and decisions combined to make him do that but idk sassassin will probably tell me I'm wrong and an idiot

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

The best solution I've found to 1 on 1s getting missed is to make sure your striker has good dribbling and decisions, my main striker has started just taking a touch around the keeper and netting like 80% of his one on ones despite not having any PPMs to suggest he will. I can only assume it's dribbling and decisions combined to make him do that but idk sassassin will probably tell me I'm wrong and an idiot

What's his balance and agility like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sassassin posted:

What's his balance and agility like?

It's this lad