Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Couple games ago I just played with a yasuo who built frozen mallet into triforce into sterak's, was like poetry in motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

NTT posted:

lol kled is the greatest champion they've released in 2 years

kled should be removed

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
An opinion of a top lamer, that is to say, worthless

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kashuno posted:

Play Zac support

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Kled: The Musical Cue.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Kled: The Musical Cue.

Kled: Gold Medalist in the Level 1 1v1 Duel event.

Kled: Fiona's wet dream.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

her name is fiora bro

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

her name is fiora bro

dont be a naiad

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Neurolimal posted:

dont be a naiad

that one is going to soar over a lot of people's heads, buddy

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Why is it every time I randomly decide to play Blind pick, someone (usually on both teams) ALWAYS picks Yasuo.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Bholder posted:

Why is it every time I randomly decide to play Blind pick, someone (usually on both teams) ALWAYS picks Yasuo.

It pleases Yasuo to see you suffer.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
it's because they deeply relate to a WtA (White to Asian) transracial samurai, but draft pick oppresses their lifestyle with things like "team composition" and "lets not pick 5 carries".

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
yasuo is cool, fun for the whole family

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ryūjin no ken wo kurae!!!

wait that's the wrong game

Honor is in the heart, not the name

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Tried playing a bit of Swain when Malzahar was banned. Seems alright I think people were too quick to drop him. You can still Zhonyas and heal for a ton. If u land e > q lvl2 u can kill most people with ignite. He does so much dmg even early. Once you get catalyst u can shove with r+q. Not great waveclear if ur getting sieged though. Is like a weaker version of Vlad but he is very good in lane vs Vlad because he never does enough dmg to kill u. If they don't have a poo poo ton of burst he is a monster in teamfights. Wouldn't want to play him vs Syndra or LB though until u get mr that lane is hell.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Ulio posted:

Tried playing a bit of Swain when Malzahar was banned. Seems alright I think people were too quick to drop him. You can still Zhonyas and heal for a ton. If u land e > q lvl2 u can kill most people with ignite. He does so much dmg even early. Once you get catalyst u can shove with r+q. Not great waveclear if ur getting sieged though. Is like a weaker version of Vlad but he is very good in lane vs Vlad because he never does enough dmg to kill u. If they don't have a poo poo ton of burst he is a monster in teamfights. Wouldn't want to play him vs Syndra or LB though until u get mr that lane is hell.
Currently sporting a 59% diamond win rate (sample size is probably small)

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Ignite Memories posted:

What meat bag would you recommend for support, if you don't mind me asking? I play a lot of leona and bard, but leona is boring so i want another tank.

Trundle.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
janna isn't a meatbag but she fits the same role, since she locks targets down, doesn't die, and also prevents allies from dying. she's the best choice in every situation where taric isn't the best choice, ie any game where the enemy team has more than one source of magic damage (or situations in champ select where you're picking too early to tell whether or not their team will have a large amount of magic damage. it's best not to tip the taric hand too early)

in theory taric is still nice against teams with heavy magic damage- his stun is still a stun, and his shields and heals are still shields and heals- but in practice it's a huge pain in the rear end to carry properly since you're too fragile to get in close to burn passive stacks after using skills, which means you end up being very reliant on landing absolutely perfectly timed ults in teamfights, which is pretty fricking hard to do

if people only picked taric in situations where it's 100% appropriate to do so, his win rate would be no joke 90%

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't know who wrote this but the music for Arcade Ahri's login screen makes me want to buy it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dA5I5d941Q

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sounds like the guy who did the scott pilgrim game soundtrack

or maybe all chiptunes sound the same to me

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I played a couple games of Big Poppy in the last day and now that I know that you can only knock poo poo towards it's own fountain I'm pretty sad. I thought you could aim it.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Kashuno posted:

She has a 48% winrate for summer 2016 across the competitive scene, and has won 4 out of her last 10 appearances. It is not good.

Talking about win"rate" in proplay is usually meaningless because the sample size is small enough that factors such as who played it against whom (and teamcomps etc) are way more influential.

(Winrate is a very strong indicator of solo queue strength because the sample is so huge that most other factors cancel out.)

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 17, 2016

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So there's a new feature in Overwatch I want Riot to steal:

https://twitter.com/Malkythera/status/765997413157003266

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bholder posted:

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Bholder posted:

It's fun to dash 8x in a row on no cooldown. Makes you feel prettttty fuckin slick

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Bholder posted:

this is a million times more infuriating than gg ez

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ulio posted:

Swain is in a pretty good spot right now, actually; especially in the face of people who don't have a clue how to deal with him. His changes definitely helped him out. He isn't played like a traditional AP carry but who cares? You're the bird man. Caw, caw, caw your way to victory.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Bholder posted:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

getting hit with a Riot Mandated Good Sportsmanship Game Ending is about the single least appealing thing i can possibly think of after losing a game. crush my balls in a vice, drown me i dont care

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Verviticus posted:

Gee whiz! That was fun. Good posting!

Verviticus posted:

I'm wrestling with some insecurity issues in my life but thank you all for posting with me.

Not sure what's going on with the quoting on the boards today.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

look buddy you cant just quote me from four days ago and expect it to still be true i overcame those

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Bholder posted:

This is great trigger material

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Verviticus posted:

getting hit with a Riot Mandated Good Sportsmanship Game Ending is about the single least appealing thing i can possibly think of after losing a game. crush my balls in a vice, drown me i dont care
that's weird

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

verviticus age 12, shaking hands with the other soccer team: THIS SUCKS. WHY DON'T YOU MOTHERFUCKERS KICK ME IN THE NUTS. SHOW ME IVE BEEN AN OWNED BOY.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i mean look word replacement would be fine if it just took all post-game talk and replaced it with 'gg' or 'ggwp' at random. replacing it with a funny wacky thing no human would ever say does nothing except now riot/blizzard is saying "we endorse this class of shittalking"

Endorph posted:

verviticus age 12, shaking hands with the other soccer team: THIS SUCKS. WHY DON'T YOU MOTHERFUCKERS KICK ME IN THE NUTS. SHOW ME IVE BEEN AN OWNED BOY.

did you do handshake lines in soccer? hockey occasionally but otherwise everyone just pouted and left

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Please put the hearthstone emote system in every online game ever made.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Please put the hearthstone emote system in every online game ever made.

both because it prevents people from calling each other faggots and because 'happy feast of winterveil' still makes people as mad as doing that for some reason

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

i mean look word replacement would be fine if it just took all post-game talk and replaced it with 'gg' or 'ggwp' at random. replacing it with a funny wacky thing no human would ever say does nothing except now riot/blizzard is saying "we endorse this class of shittalking"

I dunno, it kinda reminds me of that SourceMod plugin for TF2 where you could "happy mode" someone and it would turn all their text into ridiculous cheerful things, which was always great because you could tell how furious the person was even as they powerlessly spammed friendliness.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Endorph posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

woah woah woah, are you saying...that custom game friend...was you?!?

• Locked thread