Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sylphosaurus posted:

So I hit 200 legendary marks last night so I guess I should use some of them. If the vendors gets rerolled like they did last year, what are the best things to get before that happens?

Must buys
FWC Vacancy FR
Crucible Hawksaw PR
NM Hunter chest (Int Disc sniper solar T12, could be useful after RoI infusion)

Maybes
NM R7 AR (good roll if that archetype gets unfucked)
NM Objection HMG (you should be rolling in high impact HMGs tho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Alright, thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Now off to grind my Crucible reputation to level 3.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I love the Thesan so much, its bolt grouping is incredible even without braced frame on.

I just run it with accel coils and life support and it's beautiful. the only fusion i run over it is plan c

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

a shameful boehner posted:

I love the Thesan so much, its bolt grouping is incredible even without braced frame on.

I just run it with accel coils and life support and it's beautiful. the only fusion i run over it is plan c

Yeah Thesan doesn't need braced frame at all. Coils 4 lyfe

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is it rank 4 or rank 5 for the hand cannon?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Primaries are 5

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
I just got Destiny about a month ago and hit 40 on my first class (Hunter) this past weekend. I'm at around 240 LL right now, so I'm assuming that I should just stick to strikes for getting engrams to raise my light level? Iron Banner seems fun but I also don't want to be that dick that screws over my team by going in with a disadvantage.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
99 percent of iron banner players go in putting their team at a disadvantage, ie being bad

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
If you're on Xbox you should do stuff with the bone krew but if you're not on the Premier Gaming and Entertainment System you're probably going to have to do strikes by yourself for a while

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dr. Light posted:

I just got Destiny about a month ago and hit 40 on my first class (Hunter) this past weekend. I'm at around 240 LL right now, so I'm assuming that I should just stick to strikes for getting engrams to raise my light level? Iron Banner seems fun but I also don't want to be that dick that screws over my team by going in with a disadvantage.

As long as you are careful and don't go cowboying everywhere you should be fine. The Light disadvantage can be made up with good play.

(unless you suck)

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

As long as you are careful and don't go cowboying everywhere you should be fine. The Light disadvantage can be made up with good play.

(unless you suck)

240 is crazy low - I don't even know if you'll even do damage on a 335 at that light level. I wouldn't bother at 240, you'll just be frustrated.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You'll do damage, just a minuscule amount and won't be able to stop anyone even halfway competent from killing you. Unless you plan to spend every match hiding, wait until you're over 300 at the very least.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

If you're on Xbox you should do stuff with the bone krew but if you're not on the Premier Gaming and Entertainment System you're probably going to have to do strikes by yourself for a while

I am on Xbox and in the bone krew group, so I definitely should do stuff with you all. There's no way to see what other members of the group are currently online, right? I can see which of my friends are on, but haven't seen anything for the group.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

haveblue posted:

You'll do damage, just a minuscule amount and won't be able to stop anyone even halfway competent from killing you. Unless you plan to spend every match hiding, wait until you're over 300 at the very least.

Sounds good - I thought it would be futile, but wanted to double check. Thanks!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Being frustrated is part of the core Destiny experience, I don't want anyone to miss out on that

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Dr. Light posted:

haveblue posted:

That's a difference of 95 light levels from max level (which not all players are). At that point, you would do 20% less damage to a max level player. Annoying, but not unplayable.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Light posted:

I am on Xbox and in the bone krew group, so I definitely should do stuff with you all. There's no way to see what other members of the group are currently online, right? I can see which of my friends are on, but haven't seen anything for the group.

ROI will fix this, but for right now get in the slack

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

new video with the new director, strike playist, and new vendor/faction guns. record books get moved to the quest screen. 12 ornament slots. new IB ghost shell looks nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGMemFnSpP8

Roman fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 17, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Maker Of Shoes posted:

NM Hunter chest (Int Disc sniper solar T12, could be useful after RoI infusion)

Thanks didn't know this :tipshat:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Call of Cholula posted:

(Because barely anyone is playing this game right now because the content is stale / a new expansion is out in a month and also you both live in Australia).

That doesn't make sense though. As i just said i get better matches in non peak times, when less people play.

It's just bungies poo poo match making.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there are five pages of maps. i only play like six of them. ffs

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Roman posted:

new video with the new director, strike playist, and new vendor/faction guns. record books get moved to the quest screen. 12 ornament slots. new IB ghost shell looks nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGMemFnSpP8

Literally the most important thing from that video

Rangefinder+ range perk + QuickDraw. Sure it's smallbore in the video but one of the other range perks is certainly possible

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah but same fire rate

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The most important thing is that all the flavor text still says "A ________ modified by Dead Orbit's technicians" :negative:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
THANKS BATUTA

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

That doesn't make sense though. As i just said i get better matches in non peak times, when less people play.

It's just bungies poo poo match making.

non-peak times for you are peak times for the vast majority of people who play this game though

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

It's peak time if you want to pay against wallabies

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

maybe the dingo stole your baby

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Call of Cholula posted:

non-peak times for you are peak times for the vast majority of people who play this game though

Yeah but i mentioned that the connections were good.

So i doubt i was playing against players outside of AUS/NZ.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Do ghosts drop as loot from IB after you hit a certain rank or is it just RNG?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

hitchensgoespop posted:

Do ghosts drop as loot from IB after you hit a certain rank or is it just RNG?

Rank 5

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I know you get a 280 ghost once you hit L5 but do they drop at you current LL in the after game loot shower?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

I know you get a 280 ghost once you hit L5 but do they drop at you current LL in the after game loot shower?

You get a 320 Ghost at Rank 5.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Call of Cholula posted:

maybe the dingo stole your baby

Thanks for telling me how my match making works when I have literally days in pvp...

Peak times should not mean more red bars in my lobby and more consistently tough opponents.

It should mean a greater range of skill and better connections.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

hitchensgoespop posted:

They start dropping at rank 5

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
When you're in the northern hemisphere you have peak times when people in the southern hemisphere don't have peak times. But the closer you are to the equator means you'll get peaked a lot.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

el B posted:

When you're in the northern hemisphere you have peak times when people in the southern hemisphere don't have peak times. But the closer you are to the equator means you'll get peaked a lot.

Time zones are based on longitude, not latitude.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Dinosaur Gum

el B posted:

http://i.imgur.com/tQewyqR.gifv

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Private matches are cool but where the gently caress is the theater mode that halo 3 had (and smash bros has....) It's just game data so it's really compact and there is no excuse to not have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
There wasn't an excuse for not having private matches for two years.

• Locked thread