Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

why does anubis turn into a demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

Because people are terminally uncreative.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Johnny Joestar posted:

CORRUPTI- wait, this isn't Warcraft. Uh...

fool_of_sound posted:

Because people are terminally uncreative.

... Yeah, let's go with that.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I'm really upset they did this internally:

HiRezPonPon posted:

We learned a lot from the Chronos community skin contest essentially. These were the three we felt were the strongest from the ideas we had, which allows us to not only focus on these three but also get more focused feedback for the winner.

Internally we had a top 20 which was narrowed down to 10, which was then further narrowed based on art feedback as well as general goals surrounding what Tier 5's can be. This left us with what we felt were our strongest three.

^That should've really been done by the community with voting in stages.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm kind of behind Anubis turning into a balrog, to be honest. He better exude fire and smoke. But I'm biased because I play him a lot. Sol will probably win because she loses articles of clothing each level up.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

with basically everything hi-rez does i'm more and more convinced that a worse company couldn't have been picked to handle mythological pantheons in a videogame

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

It does exist.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I'm one of the scum who voted for Sol in the vain hope of amazing physics, ala flowing clothes and whatever her halo is. Goobis has awesome potential but turning into a demon just doesn't fit the dog.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Wow, I had no idea this kind of notification was even in the game. Does it say what action?

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Mr. Neutron posted:

Wow, I had no idea this kind of notification was even in the game. Does it say what action?

Nope, just lets me know that the dude I reported had action taken. Could just be a 1-3 day ban or something? Unless he's had multiple offenses...

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Do goons still play this? I stopped playing a while ago but would like to start again. In as phret

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Phosphene posted:

Do goons still play this? I stopped playing a while ago but would like to start again. In as phret

There's a solid group of us that still play, others come and go... edit: As of right now you have 58 hours to accept the clan invite.

:siren: GOONDAY: Raid Boss :siren:

Tomorrow night because why the hell not! Friday, August 19th

If it is too much fun we can still have it Saturday, too!!

https://discord.gg/6s8nV

Since the mumble server is no longer active, we can use this nice, free, awesome software.

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 19, 2016

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

GuyUpNorth posted:

I'm one of the scum who voted for Sol in the vain hope of amazing physics, ala flowing clothes and whatever her halo is. Goobis has awesome potential but turning into a demon just doesn't fit the dog.

I voted for Sol so she'd have an actual skin that isn't Soulless Machine.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

New HiRez 3.15 patch balance form.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

coca bojangles posted:

Nope, just lets me know that the dude I reported had action taken. Could just be a 1-3 day ban or something? Unless he's had multiple offenses...

maybe they're cracking down, Conquest has become outrageously toxic lol~

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Have a MONTAGE

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

nice kills

I just reinstalled smite, who are good ADCs to play on Conquest and does anyone have an item guide? I haven't played since season 1

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I stopped following the conquest meta a while ago but I donīt believe much has changed. Apollo, Neith, Hou Yi, Anhur, Chiron, Freya, Chronos should still be solid picks.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
All of the current hunters plus Chronos, Freya, and Sol are fine in casual conquest. I know at higher levels Xbalanque and Skadi aren't considered to be good.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Medusa is really fun to play in conquest. She's "ok" at all phases of the game and late game she's a teamfight monster. Well worth trying.

Start with deaths toll, boots, then build as you'd usually build any hunter, either go crits or power.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

GreyPowerVan posted:

nice kills

I just reinstalled smite, who are good ADCs to play on Conquest and does anyone have an item guide? I haven't played since season 1

AA Based Hunters (Apollo, Rama, etc)

DToll > Warrior Tabi > Ichival > Asi > Qins/Crit > OdyBow/Crit > Pen/Situational/Def/Crit

Ability Based Hunters (Skadi, Anhur, etc)

Transcendence > Warrior Tabi > Asi > Qins > Odybow/Crit > Pen/Situational/Def/Crit

This should at least get you back on your feet until you get a better feel for the items and start building your own way.

If people question your build in conquest and tell you it's not "meta", mute them. It's casual conquest, its for learning and experimenting.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I build Jotunnīs on ability hunters in conq and nobody has ever commented on it, youīll be fine :v:

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

cyclonic posted:

Also since it's Arena, gimmick builds are fun. Wait for 3.8 patch and if Wind Demon is getting the passive it's supposed to be geting:
Fatalis, Wind Demon, Asi, Titan's Bane/Brawler's/Jotunn's (depends on who you're against), Rage/Death Bringer/Malice

Try that one for fun (ADCs with no escapes like Artemis/AMC). Never run away - literally hold your ground and just shoot people to death.

Also, throw Qin's in there if you want.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Some of the new skins.

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/768538735340322816

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/768540074963263488

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/768540533467865089

FINALLY!! FAF GOT A NEW SKIN~

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/768541065167134720

Stop giving Baccus more skins!

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/768542140045623296

Zain fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 24, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

soon enough the smite playerbase will be saved entirely from having to play as a lady who isn't blonde and white

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/768548435511373824

Izanami is the newest god.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I'm kind of happy about Izanami.

She's the first 2016 god that I don't think is super bloated/OP, her abilities look like they're actually readable/counterable, and she actually has a unique mechanic with her projectile.

A majority of the previous gods look so bland and boring in comparison.

edit-
And previous god kits are super unfun to play against

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 24, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Nice. But Bacchus needs a new model really bad.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Hou Yi nerf? I never I'd see the day

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
And by patch 3.22 the cooldown on Sylvanus's pull should be down to 0! Nice

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Anubis wins, boys!

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/768567040475095040

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I figured. Also, it seems like they already have a better idea of how to do his skin.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Oh gently caress... Adanas announcer pack... :barf:

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

cyclonic posted:

Try that one for fun (ADCs with no escapes like Artemis/AMC). Never run away - literally hold your ground and just shoot people to death.

Also, throw Qin's in there if you want.

Or my arena fun build which is Devourer gloves, boots, blood forge, hastened, deathbringer, then wind demon or malice. My cupid/AMC love this. I'm sure it's not optimized but dancing with assassin's and walking away with full health is always nice.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
So that ghost walk active is going to work on teammates now too? like 35 unit range or something?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

cyclonic posted:

Anubis wins, boys!

Pretty happy about that.

Like KKK's concept art was cute, but it looked kind of weird or janky to think about in full implementation. Sol just looked like a couple of normal skins standing in a row, plus by the end she was still just Sol but dressed up, especially going from 3 -> 4.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Tried my rank qualifications last night, first two didn't go so well. Second one ended up with a Bellona who kept pushing up to far and getting ganked yelling at me because I lost lane to raijin (also holy poo poo he loving wrecks). The main complaint was that I wasn't rotating, when in reality I had just rotated to the other side and he was pissy because I wasn't helping him.

So, next game I realise he's again picked solo (with erlang shen) and this time i'm playing against him. I've picked Hun Batz for jungle and Sun Wukong is going up against him. Guess who got dunked on the entire loving game, causing him to ragequit. Best part was he preemptively put me on ignore so he knew the gloating was coming.

gently caress you guy, get fuk'd

dogstile fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 25, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
holy poo poo otoberfest nu wa?!

goddamit hi rez there goes my wallet

she's literally my loving #1 god

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

dogstile posted:

Tried my rank qualifications last night, first two didn't go so well. Second one ended up with a Bellona who kept pushing up to far and getting ganked yelling at me because I lost lane to raijin (also holy poo poo he loving wrecks). The main complaint was that I wasn't rotating, when in reality I had just rotated to the other side and he was pissy because I wasn't helping him.

So, next game I realise he's again picked solo (with erlang shen) and this time i'm playing against him. I've picked Hun Batz for jungle and Sun Wukong is going up against him. Guess who got dunked on the entire loving game, causing him to ragequit. Best part was he preemptively put me on ignore so he knew the gloating was coming.

gently caress you guy, get fuk'd

People like that need to learn. You don't constantly push your lane, you aren't walled off from the rest of the map... people are gonna see what you're doing and come stop you... hahah fuckin' people.

Glad you got to punish him in the next game though, unfortunately I don't think he learned anything and is still gonna be a pain for others in ranked :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Can I get a clan invite on Dwesa?

Edit: Thank you

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 25, 2016

• Locked thread