Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I've been asking around and 84% of people here believe the polls are all meaningless. Interesting note, people have more confidence in polls than the swarm of rats who made up most the survey.

edit: To avoid confusion, I did not actually poll around here about the validity of polls.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

petit choux posted:

Frisky Dingo made real once again. <3

oh my god

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

petit choux posted:

Frisky Dingo made real once again. <3

so when does president elect ta'quil show up

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Thundercracker posted:

A part of me wants to believe that the GOP utterly humiliating themselves is helping the Pattons cope.

Oswalts

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol, those classified interviews were leaked within like 10 minutes of the House Republicans getting them

Now the person who was investigating Clinton about her e-mails and exposing classified intel is not only doing this all through a private e-mail server, but is also illegally disseminating classified information as well

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

lol, those classified interviews were leaked within like 10 minutes of the House Republicans getting them

Now the person who was investigating Clinton about her e-mails and exposing classified intel is not only doing this all through a private e-mail server, but is also illegally disseminating classified information as well

they can't loving stop her hahahaha

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

is there a link to this, i saw john podesta referencing it via subtweet but not the actual story itself

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

SLOSifl posted:

I've been asking around and 84% of people here believe the polls are all meaningless. Interesting note, people have more confidence in polls than the swarm of rats who made up most the survey.

That's because always no one actually understands statistics, and can't articulate a poll's methodolgy. Hell, I took two semesters of statistics and I'm just taking their methodology on faith until someone points out a particularly stupid bias.

It's just human nature if you're not paid to pay attention. Everyone has a bit of magical thinking, especially about stuff they can't understand but are too proud to admit it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hey fellow republicans maybe we shouldn't have chosen the Mandarin Candidate or done something brave to stop him like well anything really

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus

https://twitter.com/smoloko123/status/766085102543728640
https://twitter.com/smoloko123/status/765441475534610432

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

What is it with right-wingers and capitalising random words in sentences?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Epic High Five posted:

Lmao of loving course

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Samuel Clemens posted:

No idea. I've noticed it too. It's been happening for a long time with their lovely internet stuff, and I don't get it at all.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Epic High Five posted:

please link a source.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nichael posted:

No idea. I've noticed it too. It's been happening for a long time with their lovely internet stuff, and I don't get it at all.

Check out the first post of the Prester Jane thread.

e:

quote:

And the capitalization thing people mentioned is just something schizos tend to do even when they aren't babbling about the CIA trying to assassinate them by slipping an empty Monster can underneath their brake pedal. It's "this represents a concept related to but not identical to this words textbook meaning, but I don't have a separate word for what I'm trying to describe so I'll turn it into a proper noun to distinguish that", as opposed to just trying to make it look scary. Normal people do it too but it's practically a schizophrenia trademark.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Samuel Clemens posted:

mental illness, PJ mentioned it is because that word is very important to them for some reason and they just do it

efb

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mr. Nice! posted:

please link a source.

https://twitter.com/johnpodesta/status/766058497108762624
https://twitter.com/johnpodesta/status/766058592000733192

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

is there a link to this, i saw john podesta referencing it via subtweet but not the actual story itself

Nothing formal yet I don't think, but it was obviously going to happen and people are getting calls from reporters asking them questions about their classified testimony

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

:laffo:

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
Good news, I may be up for a promotion at work soon, meaning that I will not only be able to regale you with tales of lovely Poll Respondents, but also lovely Poll Interviewers.

Though tbh I already have many tales of Interviewer escapades ranging from weird pseudonyms and slipping "meow" into polls to Cocaine in the break room and handjobs under in the cubicles.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
I wish every page started with a "in the last 24 hours you missed:" post.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah but hillary is bad because she asked her it people to set up a server to get emails faster

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Epic High Five posted:

Which classified interviews?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Someone in the A/T milhist thread has been blogging World War I day-by-day. We need that for this election

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Fox Ironic posted:

Good news, I may be up for a promotion at work soon, meaning that I will not only be able to regale you with tales of lovely Poll Respondents, but also lovely Poll Interviewers.

Though tbh I already have many tales of Interviewer escapades ranging from weird pseudonyms and slipping "meow" into polls to Cocaine in the break room and handjobs under in the cubicles.

call center jobs: hey, we don't drug test OR do background checks

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

misty mountaintop posted:

Which classified interviews?

The ones with the FBI.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Samuel Clemens posted:

All nouns are capitalized in German.

https://www.duolingo.com/comment/17

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Going forward it'll be every 6 hours if they really push Trump to his limits.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Al! posted:

call center jobs: hey, we don't drug test OR do background checks

Pretty much this.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

GobiasIndustries posted:

Going forward it'll be every 6 hours if they really push Trump to his limits.
Says who?

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

MadJackal posted:

Absolutely. His speeches are progressively less comprehensible as the campaign goes on. It's also why his handlers have zero chance of controlling him when he goes off prompter. Whatever inhibitions he has go out the window when he's exhausted but flying high on a rally-adrenalin and phentermine cocktail.

"That mix of Morphine and Dexedrine
They use it on the street
It kills the pain, it keeps you up,
Your very soul to keep."

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

At this point we could probably do daily threads considering the amount of poo poo being shoveled

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

trump!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

e:

Sounds pretty accurate. She's been incredible with analyzing things from the right as they descend further and further into insanity.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

fart blood posted:

I post in the daytime and the nighttime. Does that mean I'm in both crews?

I just want to fit in.

You're crepuscular!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

FAUXTON posted:

e:

Thanks, that'd explain it.

PostNouveau posted:

All nouns are capitalized in German.

:golfclap:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i was out for a bit, did the gop do something dumb

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Frisky Dingo is the best show of all time.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

fart blood posted:

I post in the daytime and the nighttime. Does that mean I'm in both crews?

I just want to fit in.

allegiances must be made clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Fox Ironic posted:

I will fight someone for an Ask/Tell thread!

• Locked thread