Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm hoarding my comp points in the hopes of something cooler than a golden weapon, since the few characters I enjoy use weapons so small you'd barely be able to see the difference. Unrelated, what is this "gg ez" filter people are talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If you type "gg ez", the game replaces it with a randomly-picked phrase. Some of the phrases jovially declare what a good match it was, while others just make the player insult themselves.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Supercar Gautier posted:

If you type "gg ez", the game replaces it with a randomly-picked phrase. Some of the phrases jovially declare what a good match it was, while others just make the player insult themselves.

That's kind of awesome.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

maev posted:

I got rank 60 using Genji. Which op character do I use now he's nerfed?

Mei :getin:

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Verranicus posted:

I'm hoarding my comp points in the hopes of something cooler than a golden weapon, since the few characters I enjoy use weapons so small you'd barely be able to see the difference.

I'm still undecided but they mentioned a cap of 6000 (two golden guns) points soon anyway, so I'll probly just choose to have one relatively early at least.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zombie Samurai posted:

I prefer the Hearthstone system where you really have to work to be condescending with the limited tools available

People are such huge assholes in that game.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

Reaper: The real Dark Souls starts here
Roadhog: Try jumping
Reaper: Fatty ahead
Roadhog: tongue, but whole

I approve this chat system

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Does the filter replace slurs or cursing or other stuff than just ggez

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
In reaction to Blizzard fixing Genji's attack and movement options that felt more like programming bugs than actual skill-based features:

quote:

"Genji is dead. I blame crybabies for not even trying to get better at stopping him. he was perfectly fine, at most his ult was a bit over the top (I can agree with that, yes) but now? Now he's unplayable. I hope these changes don't make it out of the PTR."

Who knew that the most enjoyable part of this update would be the reaction by Genji players?

I'm also really happy with how the Zenyatta nerf turned out. Zenyatta because my main almost immediately after the recent patch and just lowering his team-boosting potential so he's not a mandatory pick while keeping his solo-kill power untouched was the ideal solution and I'm very happy with the end result.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Every time I give QP another chance I get put in a game where my team has something like 2 Hanzos and 2 Widowmakers. Game is dead for the net few weeks.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Every time I give QP another chance I get put in a game where my team has something like 2 Hanzos and 2 Widowmakers. Game is dead for the net few weeks.

I just prestiged and don't have the new torb skin so yeah guess I'll still play.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Proposition Joe posted:

Reaper: The real Dark Souls starts here
Roadhog: Try jumping
Reaper: Fatty ahead
Roadhog: tongue, but whole

Reaper: This is harsh, reap me.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Also I epected to see way more golden guns floating around at this point but they're still pretty rare it seems, are people really that bad?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

In reaction to Blizzard fixing Genji's attack and movement options that felt more like programming bugs than actual skill-based features:

Who knew that the most enjoyable part of this update would be the reaction by Genji players?

I'm also really happy with how the Zenyatta nerf turned out. Zenyatta because my main almost immediately after the recent patch and just lowering his team-boosting potential so he's not a mandatory pick while keeping his solo-kill power untouched was the ideal solution and I'm very happy with the end result.

On the one hand I'm happy about any nerf Genji gets. On the other I'm cautiously upset about the Zen nerf since console Zen wasn't nearly as prevalent on pc. I've played Zen since the game first released and he didn't see too much of an uptick in use on console. Plus the mccree/zen combo wasn't seen much, if any, at all. Maybe in the higher ranks but in poo poo rear end 50s town it was the same bog standard double healer, double tank, double dps (usually a combo between pharah, genji, tracer, or reaper.) Right now I just wanna see how it'll all play out on ps4.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

many of the best "skill-based features" of blizzard games have been bugs, those categories aren't even close to exclusive

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

also the movement changes are the worst part of an already unnecessary nerf so uh, they're right, even if b.net forums being b.net forums means you can find someone to express any possible opinion in the dumbest way

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

I played nothing but comp Zen for the last month and still recognize that these Genji changes are loving idiotic. Nerfing his ult a little would've been fine.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Can you explain how making it so you can't spam double jumps or animation cancel while changing nothing else completely gimps Genji as a whole?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

Can you explain how making it so you can't spam double jumps or animation cancel while changing nothing else completely gimps Genji as a whole?

okay so they're two different things

the animation cancel is a huge nerf to his burst damage capability since working quick melee attacks into that were a big part of how he does any damage outside of his ult (bad or even mediocre genjis didn't do this to begin with)

he couldn't "spam double jumps" to begin with

the double jump change removed something that felt good to use for very little actual balancing effect, so even supposing Genji needed nerfs it's a lovely way to do it

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Im glad of it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

strong bird posted:

Im glad of it.

i realize there's like a whole subculture of people who cheer for objectively bad balance changes but it's not actually a good look

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Its only objectively bad because you dont like it. It's objectively good because I do like it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

strong bird posted:

Its only objectively bad because you dont like it. It's objectively good because I do like it.

it's objectively bad because genji wasn't overused among players good enough to base balance decisions on

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i'm real bad at Genji so I was hoping he would stay basically as he was before except he would gain the ability to fly and dragonblade would become his LMB.

this is a bridge too far blizzard

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

like y'all realize mccree is getting off with a slap on the wrist and he was far more picked and had a bigger effect on what other heroes saw play than genji ever did, right?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

i approve

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Incredible. Next caller

strong bird
May 12, 2009

When the cowboy presses q you can shoot him with a gun but when the ninja presses q he just yells about Eugene and does a million damage to everyone; on top of that hes functionally invulnerable due to his broken hitbox. Sounds unfair to me.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm buttsalt and caremad about genji

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

okay so they're two different things

the animation cancel is a huge nerf to his burst damage capability since working quick melee attacks into that were a big part of how he does any damage outside of his ult (bad or even mediocre genjis didn't do this to begin with)

he couldn't "spam double jumps" to begin with

the double jump change removed something that felt good to use for very little actual balancing effect, so even supposing Genji needed nerfs it's a lovely way to do it

I'm firmly in the "nerf that rear end in a top hat" camp but yeah this was the wrong way to do it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Then play the PTR and provide valuable feedback

Verranicus posted:

Also I epected to see way more golden guns floating around at this point but they're still pretty rare it seems, are people really that bad?

Maybe you're not at the MMR where people actually got them at the end of the season :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

strong bird posted:

When the cowboy presses q you can shoot him with a gun but when the ninja presses q he just yells about Eugene and does a million damage to everyone; on top of that hes functionally invulnerable due to his broken hitbox. Sounds unfair to me.

well, aside from the numbers not bearing you out, mccree is dangerous all the time for people who can click heads

genji is significantly less so when he's not ulting or setting up specific combos, both of which take him into melee range (and more to the point, flashbang, hook, etc. range)

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

voltron lion force posted:

I'm buttsalt and caremad about genji

I read this as 'buttsalt and carameled' and thought it was a very interesting evolution of the caramel macchiato meme.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

mind you i don't really think mccree needed an adjustment either, apart from "tone his buddy Zenyatta down just a hair"

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

fadam posted:

I'm not gay and I don't drink so this is as close as I'm ever going to get to experiencing true injustice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You should try drinking

bleach

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hard truths in game:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am the world's worst Genji player so I wasn't doing any of that stuff anyway.

Also I've kept playing Mercy so I'm happy for these changes. I'm surprised people find her unfun because you have a lot of affect on your entire team if the team lets you. And if they don't it's fun to pull out your pistol and straight bust on that level 30 Reaper approaching you in a straight line, and I'm not sure if it's funnier when he dies or runs away.

Lmao.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ragequit posted:

Hard truths in game:

PTSD.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Tuxedo Catfish you need to come to the realization that the nerf was warranted, Genji was and still is OP and you just need to deal.