Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

Edit: I guess the cops were in on it so that probably doesn't meet the RightAlert criteria.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Guavanaut posted:

Former Aston Villa player Dalian Atkinson, who died in the early hours of Monday morning after being tasered by Mercia Police.

Police have stated that tasers are normally very safe unless used improperly or against people with health conditions.

Police have also stated that they responded to the call "after concerns were raised about the man's health."

Black people have a higher risk of suffering sudden heart attacks when in the presence of police officers, didn't you know?

Protest by the family of Adama Traoré after his death in France last month. He died in custody of a massive infection... or a heart attack... or asphyxiation after three police officers piled on him during his arrest. The conflicting causes of death are because it took three coroner reports to mention that he was asphyxiated.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kassad posted:

Black people have a higher risk of suffering sudden heart attacks when in the presence of police officers, didn't you know?
One has to wonder the logic of responding out of 'concern for health' and then using the 'it's fine when used on healthy people' line.

Another example of police acting instead of health workers, rather than in conjunction with them?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

ALSO:

RIP in peace tarp ghost man.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We've finally found the perfect illustration of SA.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

White people do indeed gently caress. I personally wish I could gently caress a little more often, but otherwise this holds up perfectly well.

e: oh right

Uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 16, 2016

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

WarpedNaba posted:

White people do indeed gently caress. I personally wish I could gently caress a little more often, but otherwise this holds up perfectly well.
Do white people post pictures?

Nixon's resignation dinner.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

twitter is the new cool place for insane racist grandmas to post disturbing material

(where the hell does all the artifacting come from? do people copy/paste using phone screenshots?)

i'd be okay with this as long as this was also held accountable:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
America was burgin the whole time!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

The burger gets a bad rap. Half or more of the calories from fast food come from the fries and soda. The burger at least has some nutritional value.

Order the burger by itself and drink water.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
mcburgers aren't filling at all though for ~600 calories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvzw7MOFhQo

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

What does an astrophysics PhD teach about global warming?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Bip Roberts posted:

What does an astrophysics PhD teach about global warming?

Are you this guy's dad?

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

they got lazy with the burger. shoulda colored it in to match alaska's boroughs, if they could.

totally could have made a burger (or maybe a ribeye) with that.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

the olympics is great

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

JFairfax posted:

the olympics is great
https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/763543453049368576

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lighten up, the olympics has always had an element of admiring the human body, male or female:

well, actually just male in the OG version, where the dudes competed naked and the women were nowhere near it

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

JFairfax posted:

lighten up, the olympics has always had an element of admiring the human body, male or female:

well, actually just male in the OG version, where the dudes competed naked and the women were nowhere near it

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

JFairfax posted:

Well, they weren't part of the Olympiad, but they did have their own games:

quote:

The first games began as an annual foot race of young women in competition for the position of the priestess for the goddess, Hera,[18] and a second race was instituted for a consort for the priestess who would participate in the religious traditions at the temple.[19]
The Heraea Games, the first recorded competition for women in the Olympic Stadium, were held as early as the sixth century BC. It

The Temple of Hera at Olympia:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

if you're not celebrating athletes bodies at the olympics then you're shaming them and that's disgusting

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Sometimes I wonder how much bodyshaming/objectification comes from humanity's hangups about sexuality, and how much said hangups are justifiable.

gently caress it though, let's just rail against the other party.

(seriously is the left guy's bulge really gold-worthy?)

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Reminds me of something...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yup, Cosmo is terrible and should be mocked.

I looked up The 3 Words you must Never say to a guy:

quote:

Imagine the worst thing a guy could say to your (thought joggers: "I'm in love with your sister," "I killed a man..."), multiply it by 10, add a full weekend of nothing but golf on TV--and you'll start to understand how awful it is for us to hear "I look fat" coming out of a girl's mouth.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Women cannot be sexist, just like POCs cannot be racist.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Phelps represents the current limits of human physical performance; Ledecky still lags some four decades behind men's world record history. Phelps is like an experimental bullet car shooting across a dry salt lake bed - Ledecky is a trusty, affordable and time-tested family car that doesn't do much to excite any passion anymore. It's as simple as that.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/10-muslim-women-apprehended-wearing-burkini-france-495267789

Bonus trump cat,

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Because apparently EVERYBODY is getting a turn to dunk on Trump

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/733077649132818432

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Shillary posted:

Women cannot be sexist, just like POCs cannot be racist.

That's not how people use the word 'racist' or 'sexist' in everyday speech.

https://twitter.com/SeclusiveBlue/status/764368502094454784

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 18, 2016

• Locked thread