Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Oh that is about the same as she got. Except hers lasted a month. They explained a bunch of the limits on what they can do. Like they can't give you x number of character shards, they can only give you a character at star numbers. We had screen shots of all her accounts and stuff. They built these tools and tabs account was the test environment, we started with a that is impossible right through to ok we can do this with these new tools we just built. At one point she had two accounts and they had her locked out of both lol. I can see why he is angry but there is only so much they can do. I do think they should have doubled everything they gave for credits, droids and gear but at this point I am.just happy she can play again...maybe...soonish.

At this point I can't rage or even be bothered to be annoyed about it. I am just burnt out on it since I was the designated bad guy and had to yell at them a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Someone should point out to them that you earn x credits avweek, something like 4.5m if you complete all your gws and dailies, and shold get credits based on how many weeks your account has been active, not some arbitrary number. I have a feeling they have no idea how little 50 million does in this game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Oh that is about the same as she got. Except hers lasted a month. They explained a bunch of the limits on what they can do. Like they can't give you x number of character shards, they can only give you a character at star numbers. We had screen shots of all her accounts and stuff. They built these tools and tabs account was the test environment, we started with a that is impossible right through to ok we can do this with these new tools we just built. At one point she had two accounts and they had her locked out of both lol. I can see why he is angry but there is only so much they can do. I do think they should have doubled everything they gave for credits, droids and gear but at this point I am.just happy she can play again...maybe...soonish.

At this point I can't rage or even be bothered to be annoyed about it. I am just burnt out on it since I was the designated bad guy and had to yell at them a lot.

What I don't get is that all of this stuff has to be stored on a server. I mean, think about it, if the data was stored client-side, hackers would be having a field day with this game, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Therefore, everything HAS TO BE STORED ON A SERVER. If it has to be stored on a server, then how can you possibly not have all of a player's info there? It is just baffling how these guys run their game/backend stuff.

e: My above response was more to your situation. I dunno if the reddit OP had his account attached to an account either.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 18, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Rurea posted:

I am bad at this game i added myself to spreadsheet let me play thanks.

Roba
221-363-624

done

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Emperor event stuff is up:

Character - https://swgoh.gg/characters/emperor-palpatine/
Event - https://swgoh.gg/db/events/emperors-demise/

Event is basically rebel version of yoda, you need 5 7* rebels, etc. Looks like 3 million credits from the event, plus 500K from the achievement.

I am now out of training droids and credits, hopefully the event lasts long enough that I can finish leveling up Leia and Akbar

Edit: Oh, also, bunch of stuff, including 45 cantina energy and cheaper cantina refreshes. Details at https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/62693/community-update-8-17-2016#latest

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

two_step posted:

Emperor event stuff is up:

Character - https://swgoh.gg/characters/emperor-palpatine/
Event - https://swgoh.gg/db/events/emperors-demise/

Event is basically rebel version of yoda, you need 5 7* rebels, etc. Looks like 3 million credits from the event, plus 500K from the achievement.

I am now out of training droids and credits, hopefully the event lasts long enough that I can finish leveling up Leia and Akbar

Edit: Oh, also, bunch of stuff, including 45 cantina energy and cheaper cantina refreshes. Details at https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/62693/community-update-8-17-2016#latest

Yea I wasn't planning on needing 7*s so gonna try to power Luke up to 7*, between cheap cantina nodes, the new changes to cantina energy and Guild shipments I think I can do it. Just gotta remember to keep some credits in reserve to move around Mods from my Arena team

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Mal mentioned starting the raid, but it's after 10 and still nothing. I'm going to start it, but, as usual, wait until 9 am pst before you do any actual damage. Mal may want to override this, but at a minimum wait for damage until tomorrow.

Edit: the only way I'm getting five 7* characters is if I finish up Luke :/

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 18, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Wish I read here blew 750k leveling HRS instead of starring him. Need 2.5M credits to hit 5 7* and that will leave 3 chars in the 60/.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Mal mentioned starting the raid, but it's after 10 and still nothing. I'm going to start it, but, as usual, wait until 9 am pst before you do any actual damage. Mal may want to override this, but at a minimum wait for damage until tomorrow.

Edit: the only way I'm getting five 7* characters is if I finish up Luke :/

Whoops, I'm playing league and forgot about raid.

e: nevermind. Normal damage start time. We can talk some other time about shifting start time.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 18, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Palpatine solidifes my decision to make a Sith team. They just need to make Maul non-premium :(

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Is there any guilds with people who are on every day? I'm currently trying to get my Luke maxed out and I'm on everyday.
If anybody has a guild its Grash Alsu and 555-553-255 Obviously I donate gear etc also.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I have leia, ackbar, biggs, st-han at 7* but luke is 56/85 :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

cowofwar posted:

Itīs ok Iīll let you borrow my 7* Palpatine :smuggo:

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

cowofwar posted:

That's like my rebels, except my Luke is at 17/65 :( Hopefully it comes back with the same regularity as the Yoda event, but I'm probably not getting 7* this go round!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MisterGBH posted:

Is there any guilds with people who are on every day? I'm currently trying to get my Luke maxed out and I'm on everyday.
If anybody has a guild its Grash Alsu and 555-553-255 Obviously I donate gear etc also.

Read the OP. IGD has just picked up some people, but QGJ should still have some spaces, hit up their guild leader.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I had some thoughts on extending raid availability for folks. Basically making the first 3 phases last longer by requiring people to wait once they reach a certain point:

1. Phase 1: Wait until 10 to end your attack, pause once you hit the enrage timer, clear the level, or are down to 2 people.
2. Phase 2: Wait until 11 to end your attack, pause once the door goes back up
3. Phase 3: Same as Phase 2, except wait until 12.

This gives people 3 hours to get in on one of the "money" phases.

Might be too late to implement for this raid but maybe the next one?

Note: all times are pacific, raid starts at 9 for reference.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 18, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Do we need to sit in mumble and teamspeak as well? I like just having the 12hr window to get on the board and then let loose. It's a phone game, I don't have the time or interest to serious raid like WoW.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

cowofwar posted:

Do we need to sit in mumble and teamspeak as well? I like just having the 12hr window to get on the board and then let loose. It's a phone game, I don't have the time or interest to serious raid like WoW.

-500 DKP for bad attitude

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

What I don't get is that all of this stuff has to be stored on a server. I mean, think about it, if the data was stored client-side, hackers would be having a field day with this game, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Therefore, everything HAS TO BE STORED ON A SERVER. If it has to be stored on a server, then how can you possibly not have all of a player's info there? It is just baffling how these guys run their game/backend stuff.

e: My above response was more to your situation. I dunno if the reddit OP had his account attached to an account either.

The last 2 guys she talked to worked for cg games and yes all you information "was" stored locally. They got super nervous when I mentioned that 1 the game uses unity. 2 anyone with a copy of the Android SDK can unpack the apk And change values. 3 there is a massive file difference in size between a guest account and a Google play account.

I read them off the values for the "inaccessible" account from her credits to exactly how many of each gear type she had from a local data file. Then I asked them if they wanted me to fix it since they seemed unable to do so.

Doing all that got me from talking with ea support to dealing directly with cg games. So it's entirely possible that I caused that dude problem and the extra two weeks on tabs account.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

The last 2 guys she talked to worked for cg games and yes all you information "was" stored locally. They got super nervous when I mentioned that 1 the game uses unity. 2 anyone with a copy of the Android SDK can unpack the apk And change values. 3 there is a massive file difference in size between a guest account and a Google play account.

I read them off the values for the "inaccessible" account from her credits to exactly how many of each gear type she had from a local data file. Then I asked them if they wanted me to fix it since they seemed unable to do so.

Doing all that got me from talking with ea support to dealing directly with cg games. So it's entirely possible that I caused that dude problem and the extra two weeks on tabs account.

Wow. These devs are worse than I anticipated.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Oh forgot all the values I read I compared to the ones I was getting from spoofed requests to the server's and they were the same number. So guest accounts at least had a framework on the server's. And literally everything said by ea support was wrong.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

literally everything said by ea support was wrong.

Well, of all the things you've said, this is literally the least surprising.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Well that was rather easy :v:

I'm afraid I can't give you many tips though as I more or less powered through it, tier 7 took 2 tries.

Team: g8 Ackbar lead, g9 Luke and Hoth Scout, g10 Leia, g11 Lando, all with mostly 1* mods.

Don't think any character is absolutely required, they all bring something unique: Lando massive AoE, Ackbar leader ability and dispel, Leia stealth and high dps, HRS feeds turn meter like mad and Luke, well, just a decent dps and a stun.

If you use 5* mods I'm sure it's doable with far worse geared team.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Ok so 88, lando and sth have double factions. Is there anyone else?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

Ok so 88, lando and sth have double factions. Is there anyone else?

From the top of my head: Vader, Ventress, Emperor, regular Han Solo, Dooku, Lobot. I'm sure there are more.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well that was rather easy :v:

I'm afraid I can't give you many tips though as I more or less powered through it, tier 7 took 2 tries.

Team: g8 Ackbar lead, g9 Luke and Hoth Scout, g10 Leia, g11 Lando, all with mostly 1* mods.

Don't think any character is absolutely required, they all bring something unique: Lando massive AoE, Ackbar leader ability and dispel, Leia stealth and high dps, HRS feeds turn meter like mad and Luke, well, just a decent dps and a stun.

If you use 5* mods I'm sure it's doable with far worse geared team.

So how is he?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Taran_Wanderer posted:

So how is he?

Bloated kit but I suppose that's okay for the major characters. First impressions - he seems very strong, even without other Empire/Sith around. His basic inflicts a new kind of debuff - Shocked, which prevents healing, buffs and TM gains. He has an aoe stun (70% chance but still crazy) and offense up for the entire team. I think Empire/Sith teams with him leading will definitely become viable.

He needs a speed mod though because he is kinda slow (130ish).

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

From the top of my head: Vader, Ventress, Emperor, regular Han Solo, Dooku, Lobot. I'm sure there are more.

Thanks I am making a list so when tab finally gets the ok to play she can focus on them to save mats and gear by having as many double types as she can get. So far most if the double synergies are on decent characters well except maybe nute lol.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Last four IGD peeps need to choke a rancor bitch

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

Bloated kit but I suppose that's okay for the major characters. First impressions - he seems very strong, even without other Empire/Sith around. His basic inflicts a new kind of debuff - Shocked, which prevents healing, buffs and TM gains. He has an aoe stun (70% chance but still crazy) and offense up for the entire team. I think Empire/Sith teams with him leading will definitely become viable.

I'm hoping I can get him at least 6*. His abilities sound fun (i.e. broken to hell). Will be fun to build a Sith/Empire team finally!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

Since his basic shocks it sounds like an interesting counter for attacking taunters. Particularly if you can make an ae team work like jka londo him 88 and vadar

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I think that if we are looking at this as a serious Arena team, it has potential. I would start with Emperor, Vader, and RG. Of course, Vader probably needs to be 7* to be competitive. Additionally, you are going to want Vader to be comparatively slow to the rest of your team: whenever an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn they gain 20% turn meter. So, basically, once Vader goes, he gets to AOE and then immediately lightsaber someone, probably killing them. I mean, Emperor adds a debuff, then RG stuns/slows, then Tarkin does his debuffs, and then Vader does his AOE, so, you're going to have a lot of stacked debuffs. I see a lot of extra turns for Vader and Tarkin. Also, they consider TM reduction a debuff, even though it isn't a status effect, but I'm assuming here they mean a negative status effect and that TM won't work. So, this is really good for Emperor, Tarkin, Vader, and RG.

Veers seems pretty bad, as his best debuff is an aoe that has paltry damage and 55% chance to inflict ability block, so you're not running him.

Snowtrooper is a possibility because at max Assault Training: Snowtrooper gains 30% TM whenever any unit is defeated, and other Empire allies gain half that amount. His basic also has a 50% chance to inflict ability block.

Stormtrooper is possibly quite good -- kinda the opposite STH. He has a 50% to remove 10% TM from each enemy when he is damaged while taunting. He also gets 13% defense for each living Empire ally. If his allies are Emperor, Tarkin, Vader, and RG, that's 65% defense, plus like another 30% in set bonuses, and 12% from the one mod. Then, you get +94ish% Protection and he's going to be very beefy. His taunt also gives Empire allies defense up to empire allies (including himself). Now that defense matters, he could be very good.

Unfortunately, and thanks in no small part to Protection, the Sith side of Emperor's abilities just aren't as good, but, if Maul becomes F2P soon (just Kit and Maul left from the original P2W cast - but the recent changes to Kit makes me think he's next), he's worth considering.

Dooku is probably not worth it. The increased potency and ability to stun are maybe worth it, but he's just got kinda weak stats and does so little damage. If you run into a Jedi squad and you already have Emperor and Vader, I don't see there being a problem anyways.

Also, and I hate to say it, but Rey is probably better than any of those 5th options.

tldr: The best Empire/Sith squad right now is probably Emperor (L), Vader, Tarkin, RG, Stormtrooper, with a small possibility that Snowtrooper is better because TM.

e: here's the link to all of Emperor's abilities/stats: https://swgoh.gg/characters/emperor-palpatine/

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 18, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Empire stuff

Magamatrooper is also empire. He has aoe turn meter removal, but I think terrible potency?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Have an expose question. It is supposed to damage 20% health when damage is taken. Is that 20% on top of the damage from the attack? If not it seems pretty crap.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

UmOk posted:

Have an expose question. It is supposed to damage 20% health when damage is taken. Is that 20% on top of the damage from the attack? If not it seems pretty crap.

It's a bonus. You'll see 2 different numbers when you hit an exposed enemy.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Magamatrooper is also empire. He has aoe turn meter removal, but I think terrible potency?

Yeah, he just seems really bad. He can remove TM, and with Emperor's potency buff he'll have a decent chance at it, but there are just way better options, so I didn't mention him. His special is that things happen when he takes damage...and he's completely ignorable.

Tabenya
Mar 30, 2016

Malgrin posted:

Wow. These devs are worse than I anticipated.

Yes, they were quite "fun" to deal with. For now I have an account back that looks pretty funny. Level 80 with a bunch of 7 star characters at level 1... Either way I am back and maybe, just maybe there is a spot for me in IGD? :dance:

Current ally code is 561-824-796.

Funny thing is that unless you've removed my previous incarnations from your friends list, this would be number 3 of me... lol

Yig has me 3 times on his friend list and they are all named Tabenya. :neckbeard:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Was just able to beat T7 Emperor Palpatine. My team:

Ackbar - Level 65, G7, abilities all level 5/6
Lando - Level 80, G9, Omega Double down (AOE)
Leia - Level 74, G7, Abilities 6/7/4/6
ST Han - Level 80, G9, Abilities 7/7/5/Max
Hoth Rebel Scout - Level 67, G8, Abilities 5/6/3

The key was to put my Arena team's mods on. One tip if you do this, save some cantina energy and clear the Tenacity mod challenge afterwards, it was much easier (I also swapped in raid Han (L80/5*) for HRS, which made it even easier). 3 Starring it was no problem with all the mods and whatnot, and then you can put them all back. Kinda makes me want to make a full extra set of mods, but that is so much money wasted.

The MVP of the fight was probably lando + AA. Getting two AOE attacks real early made a huge difference, basically killing Vader plus the RGs. I also got a lucky stun of the emperor from HRS early on, which was super helpful.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Tabenya posted:

Yes, they were quite "fun" to deal with. For now I have an account back that looks pretty funny. Level 80 with a bunch of 7 star characters at level 1... Either way I am back and maybe, just maybe there is a spot for me in IGD? :dance:

Current ally code is 561-824-796.

Funny thing is that unless you've removed my previous incarnations from your friends list, this would be number 3 of me... lol

Yig has me 3 times on his friend list and they are all named Tabenya. :neckbeard:

If he still has your original Tabenya friended, he should take screenshots of all your heroes to submit to EA -- as evidence that they really sucked reimbursing you...not to mention the downtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, he just seems really bad. He can remove TM, and with Emperor's potency buff he'll have a decent chance at it, but there are just way better options, so I didn't mention him. His special is that things happen when he takes damage...and he's completely ignorable.

I looked at him since he is easily farmed but his kit seemed lackluster and he requires insane gear (over 400 stun cuffs at g9 :suicide:). Same with Stormtrooper, only with him it's 400 syringes :v: So that was a no go. Who would you recommend as 5th for Emperor, Vader, Tarkin, Opress squad? Currently leaning towards Snowtrooper.