Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Dan Didio posted:

I hope he tries his hardest and everyone involved has a great time.

So long as he loses, Mr. Dildo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

hope dangersim didn't get hit by anything but i'm sure it was relatively safe under conor's table

lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

il serpente cosmico posted:

I hope McGregor loses by submission again. Then I hope he fights Aldo and loses to him. And then I hope no one gives a poo poo about him going forward.

Nahh, I hope he has a competitive match, regardless of outcome, and then goes back to 145 and defends the belt against Aldo, again in a competitive match. There's no way a rematch with Aldo is less competitive, anyway.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Memento posted:

Nahh, I hope he has a competitive match, regardless of outcome, and then goes back to 145 and defends the belt against Aldo, again in a competitive match. There's no way a rematch with Aldo is less competitive, anyway.

Forgive me, I achieve intense schadenfreude when chronic poo poo talkers and prima donnas get owned.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

I am not Dan Dildo, for the record.

quiet

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Whichever path leads to Conor losing to Korean Zombie and/or Korean Superboy is the ideal one

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty sure Diaz knows precisely how to wind Conor up and does it perfectly. He's the best.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Forgive me, I achieve intense schadenfreude when chronic poo poo talkers and prima donnas get owned.

That's entirely fair and reasonable. Honestly, I wouldn't have even said he was a prima donna (poo poo talker is a given) before the Diaz fight and the rematch demands/refusal to attend press stuff happened. He was pretty big on fighting anywhere anytime and someone at the championship/main event level fighting four times in 14 months is pretty solid. Being able to poo poo talk and back it up with dominant performances (five performance of the night awards in a row before Nate) meant that before Nate he was just an entertaining fighter and a money-making machine.

I wonder if someone's in his ear about the Diaz loss or if it's just all his ego. Regardless of whether or not pushing for the rematch was a dumb thing to do, refusing to do press for 200 was loving stupid of him to do and probably cost him a hell of a lot of status in the eyes of the execs, not to mention a loving ton of money.

Dan Dildo posted:

I am not Dan Dildo, for the record.

C'mon it says it right there, embrace who you are.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
This is bullying.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
no ones safe

edit: lol hunt arrested

SquirrelGrip fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 18, 2016

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I hope when Conor goes back down he beats Aldo even faster. I don't know how that's possible but maybe he'll just faceplant walking into the octagon

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

SquirrelGrip posted:

no ones safe

edit: lol hunt arrested

Please back up such a disturbing claim

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

Tested positive for KFC

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

https://www.facebook.com/therealmarkhunt/photos/a.562722910439410.1073741828.281586808553023/1218154858229542/?type=3&theater

maybe that will work

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
drat, what a hosed up day.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

maffew buildings posted:

Some serious poo poo

(from Mark's official facebook page)

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
ty friend

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Memento posted:

Some serious poo poo

(from Mark's official facebook page)

Should've photoshopped a bucket of chicken in his hand

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I like werdums photoshops more. the one of like the therapist waiting room is funny

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Did anyone else notice that Jake Shields throws like a wuss?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
nm

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 18, 2016

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

Did anyone else notice that Jake Shields throws like a wuss?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lowkingpl/status/766085181501562881/video/1

He also tried to steal some dude's laptop to throw.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPcj1bYytHc&t=36s

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Nate's definitely shook.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Nate's definitely shook.

Lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Nate's definitely shook.

:iamafag:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

when are they including shookness on the tale of the tape?

truly michael j fox-esque is nate diaz in his shookness joe

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nate Diaz is the Michael Jordan of shook, Joe.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I hope McGregor loses by submission again. Then I hope he fights Aldo and loses to him. And then I hope no one gives a poo poo about him going forward.
we have to care about him enough to see Faber wreck him (in a non-title fight of course) and then lose to Cruz in his first fight coming up in weight or failing that redeem himself by punching Cruz really hard

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Shumagorath posted:

we have to care about him enough to see Faber wreck him (in a non-title fight of course) and then lose to Cruz in his first fight coming up in weight or failing that redeem himself by punching Cruz really hard

sounds stupid

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pretty sure Diaz knows precisely how to wind Conor up and does it perfectly. He's the best.
whether this is in any way a plan and not just the Diaz brothers it's way more fun than all the belt-snatching and morning show fronting Conor did to Aldo.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Nate talks a lot of poo poo too and until recently could only sometimes back it up

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Shumagorath posted:

whether this is in any way a plan and not just the Diaz brothers it's way more fun than all the belt-snatching and morning show fronting Conor did to Aldo.

We can never know if a Diaz is a genius of planning or just being a Diaz

That's part of their attraction

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

I had a dream last night where conor ducked into a left straight early in the fight and got laid out

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Wild Horses posted:

We can never know if a Diaz is a genius of planning or just being a Diaz

That's part of their attraction

I can assure you that either Diaz plans nothing. Their life is just a series of inexplicable Diaz moments that can only be created by people with no conceptions of past, future, or consequences. It's like an Alzheimer's light where those guys just live 5 minutes at a time, only recognising the current instant. Someone does something you don't like? See someone you don't like? That poo poo has to be resolved immediately with a slap, it can't wait. I think they literally can't comprehend the idea of something happening in the future. No wonder those guys smoke so much weed, it's gotta be exhausting to live that way. They sign a contract to fight a guy in four months, but to them it means that the fight starts now and doesn't end until the referee finally says its over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You don't know what its like to have soccer moms in lodi yell at you that GSP is going to beat your rear end.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Jake shields was just getting back at that guy for writing 600 think pieces on how boring Jake is

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Mr. Nice! posted:

You don't know what its like to have soccer moms in lodi yell at you that GSP is going to beat your rear end.
That will forever be the gold standard in conference calls.

-Introducing 'wolf ticket' concept to the MMA world
-Lodi soccer mom
-Pampering
-GSP's lecture about passive income
-(was 'toxic airplane water' here?)

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I know it was said earlier in the thread, but Nate and Conor are perfect for one another, as far as crafting a story around a fight and being good foils for each others styles of prefight trash talk.

There will never be another fighter you can pair Conor up with who is going to react to Conor's head games the way Nate does and repeatedly produce promotional gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Nate getting riled up and calling Conor out in the post fight interview was the smartest thing he's ever done. Joe Rogan having the foresight to not listen when they told him to turn the mic off of him was pretty good too. Since then it's been a good work, Conor will get his win back, then the blow-off at MSG will do huge numbers.

• Locked thread