Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I got to say on the Volition stream of the Telltale Batman Game it was great for reaction to Sully's VA voicing Falcone Chip. That and the game looks great especially with the murderers row of Voice Acting talent they got for it; surprised Nolan North wasn't in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

achillesforever6 posted:

surprised Nolan North wasn't in it.

Who do you think's going to voice the Joker?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

After seeing the Sully movie trailers about the guy who landed the plane in the Hudson it just made be want to see a live action Sully movie.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What I want to know is, what does Drake spend all the money he gets from selling treasure on between games, that he's always out of it by the next game?

He...he does sell the treasure right? Drake doesn't have a house somewhere full of ancient relics and bejeweled scarabs and poo poo, right? RIGHT?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

paragon1 posted:

What I want to know is, what does Drake spend all the money he gets from selling treasure on between games, that he's always out of it by the next game?

He...he does sell the treasure right? Drake doesn't have a house somewhere full of ancient relics and bejeweled scarabs and poo poo, right? RIGHT?

He buys power bombs, missiles, and energy tanks that some bounty hunter is always putting up on ebay.

People keep telling him that he can't use them, but Drake, he never listens.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I'm gonna go ahead and say that this episode is precious.

Episode 3: DeviousDrake69.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

White Coke posted:

Who do you think's going to voice the Joker?

Mark Hamill, after he shivs Nolan for trying to take his god-damned iconic role.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Oh my loving god the Lazarevic target I'm screaming.

e: jesus loving christ the attention to detail in Nate's house is loving amazing. Elena's closet, stuff being everywhere in the bathroom, the wobble to the washer/dryer, the neighbor walking the dog off in the distance, it's loving amazing how much detail they're putting into the Drake household and how it actually looks lived in as opposed to 90% of most videogame houses.

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 18, 2016

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

I love that they actually force you to use the directional buttons for that segment, it really brought back some interesting memories.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

E4C85D38 posted:

I love that they actually force you to use the directional buttons for that segment, it really brought back some interesting memories.

I believe the proper term is "flashbacks."

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I never played Crash Bandicoot so I could never win that part.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So was that bit of Crash Bandicoot emulated? They even got the wobbly texture distortion of the PS1 right.

Also Elena's grin when Nate loses. :allears:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
This is great. :allears:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Chip Cheezum posted:

Wow, suddenly I feel really bad that this is the Uncharted game I ended up not playing.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

It's like an actually good version of Heavy Rain up in here.

And by the way, why were you confused that there was only one cargo container underwater when you could see the truck tires right there?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
Flashbacks be damned. I prefer to think Nate spent a nice weekend with Tenzin learning how to grapple like a true pro. Remember how Nate was so impressed by that one toss in the ice cave in Uncharted 2? All of the stunts he pulls off in this game make that old stuff seem so pedestrian.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Haha wow i knew you were able to play Crash Bandicoot in this but i had no idea Nate was an LP'er as well :allears:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Does it say more about me or Naughty Dog that just by looking at the underwater plants I was thinking, "this has to be freshwater, brackish at most."

Also that can't be a Cintiq, it's not very usable for a Cintiq's purpose in that position and a tablet monitor goes dark when off like any regular old monitor, while that device has a white surface with what looked like ruler lines across the top and left side. That is a large format LED light table suitable for both photo work and inspecting and layering charts and maps and look it's sitting right on a flat file which is exactly what you'd store all those things in holy poo poo the environmental detail is so good

THEIR FORKS ARE PICKING UP DIFFERENT BITS OF FOOD EACH TIME

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
I bet Drake must have spent all of that money on getting that TV. That must be why he decided to go with a camcorder LP.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

THEIR FORKS ARE PICKING UP DIFFERENT BITS OF FOOD EACH TIME

There is some crazy amount of detail put into this so far.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Oh man, I love literally everything about what I've seen so far. :allears: I'm so on-board with this game.

I would totally watch Nate and Elena LP Crash Bandicoot.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
It's no wonder the quality looks so bad, it's camcorder LP over an HDTV play anything that doesn't use HDMI. That not only stretches the pixels to hell but give you control input delays, regardless it's not hard to google how to screen capture since they can easily afford the... Okay I'll stop.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The memory card for the PS1 is a little small, the controller plug is way too big and the triggers on the DualShock 1 are PS3 ones. :colbert:

Give respect to the best PlayStation, the PlayStation 1 please Naughty Dog

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wow, they got the full splashscreen for the PS1 start up. Haven't heard that in ages since the PS3 just shows the second half of it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I failed the Crash Bandicoot segment because I was paying too much attention to the debate about whether or not Crash is a bandicoot. That's my excuse, anyway.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

It's real nice that Nate decided to settle down in New Orleans, it's a nice change of location compared to every character in every genre in every media choosing to live in New York, L.A., or Chicago.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

I finished the stage but got jack poo poo for points because I'm not good at Crash Bandicoot.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I like that Nathan Drake doesn't know how to play video games, even though, he's in one!

For real though the whole house scene looks great, and I'm really glad it was able to just play out to a comfortable conclusion instead of Sam barging in through the door or something. Maybe that's the start of the next episode.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Please tell me it's actually possible to beat her high score and that changes the scene afterwards.

Also oh my god they are such a dorky married couple and I love it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
poo poo, what's even the point of the rest of the game? This is clearly the best part of it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
So the rest of this game is them progressing through the rest of their lives together right?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I can't tell which I love more, Sully crying at Nate's wedding, or Ironicus crying at Nate's wedding

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

I can't tell which I love more, Sully crying at Nate's wedding, or Ironicus crying at Nate's wedding

You just said the same thing twice though??

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

So the rest of this game is them progressing through the rest of their lives together right?

If it was I'd play like 50 years worth of content easy.

That was amazing. The nerf gun shooting with the danger music was ridiculous.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Chip Cheezum posted:

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have video game characters thát cute.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Holy poo poo this game. I never knew I wanted someone to make an Uncharted sitcom, but now I want it so bad.

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
I think we learned something important here:

Elena is an exclusively old-school gamer. I mean, come on, the only console is an original PS1, none of this emulator, backwards-comparability nonsense.

Why doesn't she have her own game yet?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Apep727 posted:

I would play the gently caress out of a game of Elena going around to places for her travel guides and running into unexpected problems

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

morallyobjected posted:

I would play the gently caress out of a game of Elena going around to places for her travel guides and running into unexpected problems

A side mission involves going to a game shop and trying to find a copy of Valkyrie Profile that doesn't cost $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Apep727 posted:

I think we learned something important here:

Elena is an exclusively old-school gamer. I mean, come on, the only console is an original PS1, none of this emulator, backwards-comparability nonsense.

I want a Chloe spinoff, since it seems she's still doing the interesting game stuff instead of settling down and having a family.

• Locked thread