Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Thesaya posted:

Subpont, I was going to let this be until my laptop charger arrived but since it'ststill lost in the mail and the latest episode works on mobile, would you mind going back and check why the previous one lists as "not available"?
It's a permissions issue with music. Some copyright holders don't allow their licensed stuff to be played on phones/tablets. Why? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

monster on a stick posted:

But then she doesn't get together with Zaeed.

WAIT WAIT WAIT, WHAT? drat, that's almost as cool as Garrus and Tali hooking up

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fire Storm posted:

WAIT WAIT WAIT, WHAT? drat, that's almost as cool as Garrus and Tali hooking up

I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen. The Samara thing I mean.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

SubponticatePoster posted:

It's a permissions issue with music. Some copyright holders don't allow their licensed stuff to be played on phones/tablets. Why? :iiam:

Oh butts. I suppose I will have to keep waiting for my stupid charger then.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen. The Samara thing I mean.

Citadel spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43AOib_qhC0

Totally foreplay.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That is a drunk man being sternly shot down after clumsily coming on to someone followed by incredibly awkward small talk.

Asparagus32
Aug 16, 2015

Thesaya posted:

Oh butts. I suppose I will have to keep waiting for my stupid charger then.

My way to navigate around this issue is to open the video in Firefox (other mobile browsers might work too) and switching the page to its desktop version. Once that's done you can either watch the video in your browser or use a browser plugin to download it and watch it using a video player app.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kibayasu posted:

That is a drunk man being sternly shot down after clumsily coming on to someone followed by incredibly awkward small talk.
Yeah, he even goes "well that's not ambiguous at all, nothing going on here I guess."

I mean, it would have been great but it didn't happen.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Yeah, he even goes "well that's not ambiguous at all, nothing going on here I guess."

I mean, it would have been great but it didn't happen.

I think it's funner to assume a bunch of people got piss drunk and woke up with someone else. Zaeed and Samara, Miranda and Jack, Ashley and James, Garrus and Tali.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That leaves Grunt with...

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Jesse

it breaks Zaeed's heart :smith:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Poil posted:

That outfit is stupid... stomach cleavage. Almost as stupid as the code that forces the "good" and "noble" justicar to murder a lot of cops. Speaking of cleavage, it's even dumber once you realize people tend to do things in the direction they are looking so if they're staring at her blue tits they'll also be shooting at the part the lovely excuse for armor doesn't cover.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Beautiful. :allears:

You can oogle for exactly 75 seconds, then the code states she must gauge out your eyes with a biotic spoon.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Poil posted:

The dancing Vorcha, duh.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Poil posted:

Matriarch Aethyta.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Matriarch Aethyta.

She's like 3 orders of magnitude older than he is, though.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

my dad posted:

She's like 3 orders of magnitude older than he is, though.
That's ok, Grunt is like, 3 orders of magnitude more Krogan than every other Krogan out there.

But no really he woke up with Mess Sergeant Gunner.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Matriarch Aethyta.

Technically that would make Grunt Liara's new step-mom.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Bartriarch Aethyta.

:colbert:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

hard counter posted:

Technically that would make Grunt Liara's new step-mom.

?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

The Asari bartender is Liara's Father, you find this out in ME3.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Kurieg posted:

The Asari bartender is Liara's Father, you find this out in ME3.

Huh. Cool.

Wait, so the Bartriarch is Shep's father-in-law?
This is gonna be fun. :allears:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

I think it's funner to assume a bunch of people got piss drunk and woke up with someone else. Zaeed and Samara, Miranda and Jack, Ashley and James, Garrus and Tali.
But Ash is dead. :confused:

Poil posted:

Javik

grack
Jan 10, 2012

But Ash is dead. :confused:

I could see Vega going for a pile of ashes

:D

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Asparagus32 posted:

My way to navigate around this issue is to open the video in Firefox (other mobile browsers might work too) and switching the page to its desktop version. Once that's done you can either watch the video in your browser or use a browser plugin to download it and watch it using a video player app.

My new laptop charger finally arrived in the mail so the problem is now moot, I will remember this in case of future issues though, thanks.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients
Vodka
Rum
Sweet and Sour Mix
Club Soda
Blue Curaco

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Well, getting value out of that bottle of blue curacao at least.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Well, getting value out of that bottle of blue curacao at least.
The gently caress else am I gonna use it for? :shrug: (it's just a tiny amount for coloring effect BTW)

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I eagerly await your drinking game lps after this of Sonic and/or Megaman to finish the bottles.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Work is the curse of the drinking class

The Drink
Forvan's Favorite
1 oz vodka
1 oz rum
1 tsp blue curacao
3 oz sweet & sour mix
Club soda

Add vodka, rum, BC and S&S to a shaker, shake well to mix. Add to a collins or pint glass full of ice. Top up with club soda.

The Drinking Game
Just drink it at your own pace. I thought about making it whenever someone says "patriarch" but then it would be an IRL reenactment of drinking at Forvan's bar.

The Episode
Just chatting, picking up some more loyalty quests, and going to Omega where we get and complete sidequests. Patriarch is one of the few Krogan who rely on their brains as much as their muscle and his VA does a good job of selling "old tired guy sick of poo poo." We act as his bodyguards and score him some rep. Also we get free poo poo from Aria for ratting out the mercs who were plotting against her way back during Garrus's recruitment mission. This opens up a side planet where you go and kill a fuckload of YMIRs to get fabulous prizes. I'll show that one off because it takes about 30 seconds if you do it the unintended and hilarious way.

Aria doesn't reveal any useful personal details. I'm not sure if this was intended or they just ran out of time, but there's some speculation she's the Asari that Wrex tells you about in one of his stories. Mileena, iirc (too goddamn lazy to check a wiki and not masochistic enough to visit the Bioware forums), an Asari merc he has an epic showdown with on a space station. He ends up getting away just as the thing blows up and he's convinced she died but she sends him an email afterwards. Nothing earth-shaking but a nice callback if true.

Now that we've got all the squadmembers we're gonna get for awhile, what should we do? We've got loyalties aplenty and also all the DLC. Some of the loyalties can cause problems if P/R isn't high enough, so if one of those gets recommended I'll put it off until it won't gently caress things up.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I appreciate what they tried to do with Aria's dialogs. I really do. Movies don't tend to have cut back and forth 2 camera dialog unless they're particularly lazy and uninteresting.

But, there's also sorts of weirdness like dialog loops causing you to sit down at the end of a sentence, then stand up to start the next one and it's so awkward.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Is Patriarch Pete from Mickey Mouse?

Also Shepard learned how to float while kneeling when she was talking to Samara? Is that a recurring thing?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Yeah, he's Jim Cummings. He voices a couple of NPC's in this game.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

You should do Kasumi's mission next, because it's fairly short, pretty fun, and you pick up some nice hardware for completing it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Also Shepard learned how to float while kneeling when she was talking to Samara? Is that a recurring thing?
I almost made a joke about this. In later conversations Shep sits down with her knees drawn up so the floating thing is a lot less pronounced.

ajkalan posted:

You should do Kasumi's mission next, because it's fairly short, pretty fun, and you pick up some nice hardware for completing it.
Acceptable!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

ajkalan posted:

This is a fun mission and seconded.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

ajkalan posted:

Also the worst accent in any video game ever.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Also the worst accent in any video game ever.
Have you heard South Africans talk IRL? poo poo's dead on.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Oh hey you triggered almost everybody's parental issues all at once cool beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tuchanka is calling, it's very pleasant this time of year. The weather is fine with only a few showers of lead a day.

• Locked thread