Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

when the music kicks in in the second phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

That's the best way to end the series for sure. Haven't seen the actual end cinematic or anything but thematically that fight is perfect, and fun

when gwyns theme kicks in for phase 2....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

when the music kicks in in the second phase

lol I didn't see yours on the new page when I posted mine

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that's okay man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unfortunately right at the end of the game I won't be able to play for the next like 3 days which is why I was blazing through it this week. I've got a long car ride today and might start reading about all the NPC stories I missed. I did a sweep of Firelink and like everybody is dead. What happened to you Greirat...

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

OH my god the final boss

Is it supposed to be the chosen undead from DS1?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aston posted:

it's the amalgamation of everyone who's ever linked the fire, that's why it goes through a bunch of really common player archetypes - whatever character you favoured in DS1, 2, whatever, the idea is that you can recognise a bit of them in there. And then of course Gwyn comes out at the end because he's the original cool dude and probably had the strongest soul. Extremely cool imo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

man, the japanese trailer for this was really sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjY99zF3_to&t=60s

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

man, the japanese trailer for this was really sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjY99zF3_to&t=60s

It's super spoilery but yeah it's dope. The Pontiff theme is insanely epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aston posted:

In my mind it's the guy whose still playing DS1 6 years later and they're in NG+9 sl 800 and has every spell and weapon in the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

In my mind it's the guy whose still playing DS1 6 years later and they're in NG+9 sl 800 and has every spell and weapon in the game
that was Vendrick and look what happened to him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this part of the nameless king music ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajq6MFS_ysM&t=62s

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's the amalgamation of everyone who's ever linked the fire, that's why it goes through a bunch of really common player archetypes - whatever character you favoured in DS1, 2, whatever, the idea is that you can recognise a bit of them in there. And then of course Gwyn comes out at the end because he's the original cool dude and probably had the strongest soul. Extremely cool imo

Yeah that's awesome.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

namelss king is theb est boss fight in dark soulds proper and is only beaten by th bloodborne dlc bosses imo

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I love how at first the Dragon drake whatever is a real fucker oneshotting you with fire and by the 10th try you insanely brutally murk his face until you either slam his whole body backwards w greatsword or you rip his eye out with a dagger

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I cannot stop listening to the Abyss Watchers theme.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spiking posted:

I love how at first the Dragon drake whatever is a real fucker oneshotting you with fire and by the 10th try you insanely brutally murk his face until you either slam his whole body backwards w greatsword or you rip his eye out with a dagger

It's the first fight where I readjusted my load out so I could have an offhand weapon. I can obliterate the drake in like 3 fully charged R2s with yohrm's axe +5 and then switch to my fast mace for the real battle

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Same but pontiff greatsword ftw and then warden twinblades. But I pplayed it so much that I murked the drag with the twinblades some too. It's really cool that they programmed 2 different crit animation for diff weapons. It's the kind of touch that must have taken plenty of time and has no purpose but badassery and love of the game

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Also nameless Kong theme has joined belfry gargs theme on my lifting/running playlist. Imagining I'm bench pressing so I can raise my str stat and kill monsters better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I never would have figured out the usurpation of the flame ending in a million years. Sounds sick, I'm going to do that one on my new char, a magic build. I always make a Moonlight Greatsword character for at least one playthrough

Soral
May 30, 2009

it's a shame the end of fire's variant doesnt give you the achievement because its my favourite ending of the bunch. direct demon souls ref too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Platinum seems pretty doable, I don't mind doing all the covenant stuff because I like the online and it's still active and will remain that way leading into DLC. But woof, over 100 rings to collect, that's harsh

Soral
May 30, 2009

its actually kind of a cool treasure hunt, a few rings pop up on ng+ in places you probably stumbled on already and thought it was weird there wasn't any treasure.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

did you fight the crestfallen warrior?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Soral posted:

its actually kind of a cool treasure hunt, a few rings pop up on ng+ in places you probably stumbled on already and thought it was weird there wasn't any treasure.

yea i didnt like that at first but i kind of like it now. but i think treasure in that kind of situation should be less useful and more interesting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is there anything like the Bloodborne engagement ring squirreled away in ds3

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I enjoy the Havel knight and crestfallen lategame fights

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kild posted:

did you fight the crestfallen warrior?

Yeah it was messed up seeing crestfallen guy be fully not crestfallen and whupping me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I forgot to mention it but I think the prince was my favorite fight in the game. I love the second phase

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Oh I forgot to mention it but I think the prince was my favorite fight in the game. I love the second phase

The animations on that boss are so good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th boss fights in this are so good, theo nly one i don't really like is crystal sages nd like nameless king aand a bunch of othrs are like easy top ten souls bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

The animations on that boss are so good

The first time time I knocked thebrother off his back I didn't attack him on the ground because I wanted to just watch him crawl around

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

th boss fights in this are so good, theo nly one i don't really like is crystal sages nd like nameless king aand a bunch of othrs are like easy top ten souls bosses

Crystal Sages was the only boss I had to summon for lol. I just couldn't get the hang of all the different clones attacking at once

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't touched this in 3 months. It's time for a new file for dlc warmup

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Benny D posted:

I haven't touched this in 3 months. It's time for a new file for dlc warmup

dont forget to make the face as wide and fat as possible so that it glitches through most of the headwear

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im sad they ptched out the butt glitch, is till watch this and lol sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esOpx7ybPt8

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Crystal Sages was the only boss I had to summon for lol. I just couldn't get the hang of all the different clones attacking at once

lol yeah. its al ot easier with a high damage weapn like a greatsword, you kill the main guy so fast it doesnt matter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

im sad they ptched out the butt glitch, is till watch this and lol sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esOpx7ybPt8

Oh my god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What are all the funny ds3 videos I missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The fire fades, and the lords go without thrones...

• Locked thread