Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
You'd think they'd be worried about the sharp ones, or at least the giant stick, which is fairly easy for kids to reproduce.

TwoPair posted:

I read the first issue of Fight Club 2 and if the rest is as bad as the first, I'm sure it'll never get adapted whoever keeps on making awful Mark Millar books into movies is already all over it.

FC2 was written as a sequel to the movie by the guy who did the significantly different(and worse) book. Small wonder it ended up as terrible as it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WickedHate posted:

You'd think they'd be worried about the sharp ones, or at least the giant stick, which is fairly easy for kids to reproduce.

You'd also think showing children they can use common household items and food as weapons is a worse idea than showing them that swords cut.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey man, Parliament worked very hard on that nunchuck outlawing, and they'll be damned if it goes to waste.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Channel 6 was an inside job.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Natalie Portman is saying that as far as she is aware she's done with MCU stuff.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Natalie Portman is saying that as far as she is aware she's done with MCU stuff.

oh no

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

... That's weird. does that mean after Infinity War? Because that would be a hell of an absence.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So this opens up Jaimie Alexander for more screentime, right?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ImpAtom posted:

... That's weird. does that mean after Infinity War? Because that would be a hell of an absence.

Flying to an academic conference, she got shot down over the Sea of Japan, Spun in, there were no survivors...

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

If by Jaimie Alexander you mean Tessa Thompson then yes :allears:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
She hasn't seen Thor in like 3 years can't blame her for moving on

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Nope, this was recent so it sounds like she's not even going to be in that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Who doesn't want more Sif? Sif is great. Just make the only characters in the next Thor movie Sif and maybe Thor. :swoon:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Who doesn't want more Sif? Sif is great. Just make the only characters in the next Thor movie Sif and maybe Thor. :swoon:

Sif is cool and all. But let me tell you about Valkyrie....

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lurdiak posted:

And then starting halfway through season 3, Mikey wasn't allowed to use his nunchucks anymore because the UK considers that weapon particularly offensive, so he had to use a stupid grappling hook for the rest of the series.

It was all one guy, James Ferman. He was head of the board of film classification for years and he had a mad worry on/hate on for nunchucks. Every martial arts film with them had said scenes cut, any imported films or shows would be refused otherwise. Hell, he even did his damndest to get them out of videogames in a few cases. He was also a massive dick about passing horror films like The Exorcist and The Evil Dead.

Then, one blessed day at the end of the century, he retired, his replacement thankfully didn't give a poo poo, Soul Calibur got passed uncut, Enter The Dragon was re-released complete and everything's been fine ever since. Mikey can swing 'em with impunity as far as I'm aware.

The best part is, the miserable old bastard was actually American.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ImpAtom posted:

They can always recast, would probably be an improvement too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Are you confusing her with someone who would actually matter to anything in Infinity War?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I hope they drop Dennings too.

Plane, bridge. I'm not picky. As long as it's high enough.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Are you confusing her with someone who would actually matter to anything in Infinity War?

I figure that Thor's big iconic girlfriend who is in comic terms also currently a popular superhero would at least be relevant to the giant supermegacrossover if just for a cameo or something.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to guess the movie that's supposed to be stuffed with about 60 characters isn't going to spend too much time on Thor's girlfriend, they'll just handwave it like they did in both Avengers movies.

Or they do want to go with Jane Thor at some point cast someone who actually wants to be there

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If I was only in the Thor movies I don't think I'd want to stick around either.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I could almost fake myself into thinking there might be a possibility for Jane Thor if infinity war was still two movies cuz then you could have odinson die at the end of part 1 and have her pick up the hammer as a stinger or something, but I'm not really sure how they would work it out as it is now.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nobody cared about Natalie Portman's character in Thor, least of all Natalie Portman

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Lurdiak posted:

The insane thing is that the first season of the show specifically introduced robot ninjas for them to fight, but people (mostly the British) still felt that was too violent, so pies and bursting a pipe to make the water knock over the enemies it was. And then starting halfway through season 3, Mikey wasn't allowed to use his nunchucks anymore because the UK considers that weapon particularly offensive, so he had to use a stupid grappling hook for the rest of the series. Even when season 8 turned the show dark and edgy in response to Batman The Animated Series,

I think it was the day I realized Mikey's nunchucks were never coming back that I just gave up on that show all together.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

I could almost fake myself into thinking there might be a possibility for Jane Thor if infinity war was still two movies cuz then you could have odinson die at the end of part 1 and have her pick up the hammer as a stinger or something, but I'm not really sure how they would work it out as it is now.

Then when its revealed, it's a new actress and no one cares.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The hammer already changes her appearance in the comic as is.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dexo posted:

Sif is cool and all. But let me tell you about Valkyrie....

I'm so excited for Tessa/Valkyrie, Zendaya and Misty Knight idek how to explain it. #BlackGirlMagic all over the MCU!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I am so hyped to see Valk in Thor 3. I still wish Enchantress was in it with Executioner, but thanks Suicide Squad.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/18/zendayas-spider-man-role-could-break-the-internet

So according to this Zendayas's role in Homecomming is Mary Jane Watson. I cannot imagine a reason to be upset at that news other than being racist as gently caress.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 19, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I am so hyped to see Valk in Thor 3. I still wish Enchantress was in it with Executioner, but thanks Suicide Squad.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/18/zendayas-spider-man-role-could-break-the-internet

So according to this Zendayas's role in Homecomming is Mary Jane Watson. I cannot imagine a reason to be upset at that news other than being racist as gently caress.

From character in disney channel tween comedy show about music #5864 to Mary Jane Watson in four years is a pretty awesome career path.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Devin Faraci warning.

Edit: Oh, he's not the original source. Slightly more plausible then.

Really though, it would make sense. She's listed as "Michelle" right now, but we know she's supposed to be the female lead. You're not going to make a Spider-Man movie and make the primary female character nobody from the comics. They would at least use Liz Allen or something.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 19, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I don't care at all beyond seeing a not-redhead MJ (assuming they don't dye her hair/throw her in a wig) feels...wrong, somehow.

Don't care what race she is, but her being a redhead feels as crucial to her character as Gwen being blonde/Betty being brunette.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
I only know Faraci from his writing on CHUD.com back in the day. Can someone give me an abridged version of why he gets namedropped with scorn? I didn't think he was even that well-known...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Toxxupation posted:

I don't care at all beyond seeing a not-redhead MJ (assuming they don't dye her hair) feels...wrong, somehow.

Don't care what race she is, but her being a redhead feels as crucial to her character as Gwen being blonde/Betty being brunette.

MJ being a redhead actually feels much more crucial than either of those two. Like I could really see Gwen or Betty being just fine being literally any visual style or appearance or whatever but MJ really seems like she's got to be a redhead.

I don't see why they wouldn't dye her hair though. That seems kind of a weird assumption to make.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Travis343 posted:

MJ being a redhead actually feels much more crucial than either of those two. Like I could really see Gwen or Betty being just fine being literally any visual style or appearance or whatever but MJ really seems like she's got to be a redhead.

I don't see why they wouldn't dye her hair though. That seems kind of a weird assumption to make.

They already showed a trailer where she isn't.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I could not care less about what mj looks like

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dario the Wop posted:

I only know Faraci from his writing on CHUD.com back in the day. Can someone give me an abridged version of why he gets namedropped with scorn? I didn't think he was even that well-known...

He's a pretty abrasive guy, to put it mildly.

I'm not sure why people don't trust him, though. From what I've seen his sources are typically pretty solid.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

site posted:

I choose...both

Watch the current tv show then, if you want it (tonally) more on the cartoon side. although you'll have trouble finding it on VHS.

If you want it more (tonally) on the comics side, read the current IDW comics.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I thought she was already confirmed to be Liz Allen?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, Liz Allen is in played by someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

They already showed a trailer where she isn't.

Huh, I didn't realize they had even done any trailers for this movie. It's still a year out isn't it?

Well apparently Marvel doesn't agree with me re: MJ's redheadedness.

• Locked thread