Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DJ Dizzy posted:

Does the red book have the generic RoWs in them?
The legion army list book has all of the generic RoWs and the second set of legion-specific RoWs like Ironfire, etc.

adamantium|wang posted:

threshing crew comin' through

Nice. The repositioned blades makes them look really good. As a bonus, they even look usable. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

The regular SW box is mad dope.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Hey, the Age of Darkness Legions book has gone Out Of Stock on the Forge World site - not Out Of Stock like 'we'll let you order and mail it when we get one', Out Of Stock as in 'we'll email you when the situation changes'. Anyone have any idea what's going on and when this'll change? Just as our gaming group was about to get together and order in the two Legion big red books.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Could be revamping of the BA/DA/WS rules.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

DJ Dizzy posted:

The regular SW box is mad dope.

They do look good. I have a few of those land speeder tempest kits laying in the bottom of a box. I've been thinking about converting them to 30k land speeders with a multi-melta turret, a grav-gun bolted and WYSIWYG the missile launchers as HKs.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'd be surprised, but hey, I welcome it if they did. FW rumors usually call that stuff out ahead of time though

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any ideas for what to do with a second set of the Calth characters?

My first praetor I converted into a primus medicae in cataphractii and the chaplain became a slightly different chaplain. I've been staring at this second set for a while with no real ideas. I don't like the idea of duplicate poses so if I use them I'd have to do some conversions which I'm pretty open to.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Converting the chaplain to a libby is a pretty common thing.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

I've seen the praetor turned into a primus medicae in my local area.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I could see the chaplain converting into a pretty decent Moritat - greenstuff his cape a little more to make The Shadow - but idk if you'd want to run one.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Converting the Praetor to have a Paragon Blade is a pretty common change I've seen. It isn't too bad either for every legion except Sons of Horus and Salamanders.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Finally got my Bitter Iron shirt, thanks krushgroove.
I like to think it lead to my double header victories against world eaters and salamanders with my first attempt at an Ironfire list. Like goddamn those counters add up after the first turn and its a serious game changer, plus getting ordo reductor medusas in there :allears:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I probably should've been more specific about what I already had built.
* Praetor in artificer armor
* Praetor in tartaros
* Primus medicae in cataphractii converted out of the Calth praetor
* Chaplain made out of the Calth chaplain
* Librarian made out of the Dark Vengeance guy
* Moritat made out of Cypher

This is why I'm not sure what to do with this second set of Calth characters. What else could they work as? In case it's not obvious, I like having HQ options. :v:

Anyways, this just popped up on FW's site:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/FW-Space-Wolves-Transfer-Sheet
There's also a 20-man tactical squad bundle for each legion with 10 heads, 5 torsos, and 20 MkIV shoulder pads if that's anyone's thing. The Space Wolves one is cheaper than the others because they don't have custom helmets.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm not sure how it would look but maybe you could use the Auspex hand from a tactical squad kit and make a Siege Breaker/Master of Signal?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

I'm not sure how it would look but maybe you could use the Auspex hand from a tactical squad kit and make a Siege Breaker/Master of Signal?
Actually, I think I'm going to take advantage of the cloak and make a Vigilator I will probably never use. I'll see if I can make the torso/cloak work with a set of crouching legs. Then I'll find a pointing hand and some kind of fancy bolter and it'll be good to go. It's too bad they can't take combi-weapons for some reason. Does anyone here use this guy?

That just leaves the praetor. Is there any use in a terminator Siege Breaker? A dude with a chainfist/combi-melta and Tank Hunter sounds like a good idea, but he wouldn't really be buffing a unit like he should be.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

Does anyone here use this guy?

BULBASAUR has been wrecking my poo poo by putting one in a seeker squad. He seems pretty solid.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well... he only give them scout, but that would be enough to get them into deathshot range turn 1.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

DJ Dizzy posted:

Well... he only give them scout, but that would be enough to get them into deathshot range turn 1.

Does giving him scout armour confer infiltrate to the squad?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's some GW FAQ that prevents you from doing it. Unless the rules for the scout armour somehow get around it.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Killer_Bees are you the guy doing the dirty Death Guard on tg? Post them here!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

It's some GW FAQ that prevents you from doing it. Unless the rules for the scout armour somehow get around it.
I don't see how it would. Scout armor gives him Infiltrate and Move Through Cover with no fancy exceptions. That said, a Vigilator comes with cameleoline which gives him Stealth and that does carry over to any squad he's attached to.

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

The only FAQ stuff I see about ICs and Infiltrate are for when the IC doesn't have it and the unit you're trying to join it to does; joining a Vigilator with scout armour to a unit should give the unit Infiltrate.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Took a bit of a gamble today.

I had the big man - Vulkan -

However this was a pre-airbrush model and while I thought it was alright tabletop painted I wasn't fully happy with it. So I decided to strip him, and re-paint him with pre-shading and inks.

Thanks to Zark the Damned for the Dettol tip... I was slightly making GBS threads myself when I took it out and scrubbed it and sprayed it...

But the finished result with the pre-shading is great!!!

I also took an hold rhino I got at a bring and buy for £2 which was broken, and sawed it in half to make some terrain - also pre-shaded it, and I'll make one a Word Bearers one, and one a Night Lords one, so I can get in some freehanding practice on a model which doesn't matter.

All hail the airbrush! Big V gonna get a snazzy paintjob.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Hummingbird James posted:

The only FAQ stuff I see about ICs and Infiltrate are for when the IC doesn't have it and the unit you're trying to join it to does; joining a Vigilator with scout armour to a unit should give the unit Infiltrate.

40k FAQ posted:

Page 166 - Independent Character, Independent
Characters and Infiltrate
Change this sentence to read:
‘An Independent Character without the Infiltrate special
rule cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during deployment,
and vice versa.

The 'or vice versa' pretty clearly says that it works either way - units where one has Infiltrate and one doesn't can't join each other.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

adamantium|wang posted:

Killer_Bees are you the guy doing the dirty Death Guard on tg? Post them here!

I wish it was me! nah its another lad on tg who also does NL and is now doing DG. Its a shame he isn't here in Aus otherwise I would have organised a time to vs his mans and take some sick pics. I am taking a break from painting 30k at the moment to do up a couple of quick AOS armies as my local is starting that off recently since the generals handbook has dropped, but as soon as my next communist order arrives I will be bulking out my Night Lords and Dark Mechanicum/Scorias boys.

Played a couple of games with a Night Lords Drop Assault Vanguard ROW and its actually a lot of fun and places huge pressure really early. The NLs first turn cover save + the Drop Vanguard rules really make your assault marines much more survivable. Here are a couple of pics from the last games.

My Night Lords Vs a mates fantastically painted Sons of Horus, I got 2nd turn and that was a huge advantage when both of us were running drop armies, pulled a big win.

My Night Lords Vs another mates great looking Mechanicus tank heavy army, I ended up losing this by 1 point because I stuffed up a charge on a unit of thallax late in the game. Our games are always super close when I play this dude and makes the matches nail biters every time.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Conditioned to hold a near-suicidal disregard for danger and trained to exploit this to the fullest on the battlefield, the heavy infantry that form the core of the Legion's battalions are a force that has been honed in battle against the countless enemies of Mankind and, it is whispered, against their own wayward brothers. For, unlike their brother Legions, the Space Wolves were kept under the tight control of the Imperial Court and unleashed at the Emperor's command as often to chastise those who would renege on their oaths of service as to destroy those who resisted the offer of Compliance.

:getin:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DJ Dizzy posted:

Conditioned to hold a near-suicidal disregard for danger and trained to exploit this to the fullest on the battlefield, the heavy infantry that form the core of the Legion's battalions are a force that has been honed in battle against the countless enemies of Mankind and, it is whispered, against their own wayward brothers. For, unlike their brother Legions, the Space Wolves were kept under the tight control of the Imperial Court and unleashed at the Emperor's command as often to chastise those who would renege on their oaths of service as to destroy those who resisted the offer of Compliance.

:getin:
Congratulations on your Stubborn.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I pity anyone building multiple dreadclaws.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

You're drunk

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

panascope posted:

The dreadclaws pissed me off way more than the Kharybis, they are just such little shits to get together but well worth it in the end.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Thoughts on using normal termies as tartaros?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

Thoughts on using normal termies as tartaros?

Normal terminator armour as tartaros is fairly common around where I play. I'm sure if a plastic Tartaros kit is ever released this problem will fix itself.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

My plan was to use the wolf kit because A) It's loving awesome. And B) All my other duders are helmetless.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Did the paint job on big V - debating whether to pick out the flames on the torso or not.

Base will be the next step!

Going to practice my Word Bearer painting skills on the base marines - get some runic glyphs going on one of them, while having the other be a dead Salamander.

E: Yes I know he doesn't have his gun or some of his laurels/purity seals - just a personal choice, I don't really like them.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Die heretics.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
E: ^^^ Awesome painted dudes, both of you.

So in the latest book Dorn kills Alpharius. I guess that means Guilliman ends up killing Omegon after all.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
But does he?

Really?

????

e: makes you think

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

adamantium|wang posted:

E: ^^^ Awesome painted dudes, both of you.

So in the latest book Dorn kills Alpharius. I guess that means Guilliman ends up killing Omegon after all.

like he actual Alpharius or another one pretending to be him

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
The epilogue has Omegon waking up realising that for the first time in his life he is really alone and Horus is calling him on the daemon phone so he has to pretend he's Alpharius for real now.

Also earlier in the book Dorn is able to pick the real Alpharius while he's playing silly games with some look-alikes so yeah, it's him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Well drat. RIP Alpha Legion, which is no longer in the best traitor legion club