Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Eb posted:

Well that was a whole load of nothing. I guess the rumors were true, CBS has obviously been paid off by Big Calafiore.

Were people expecting an hour long tumblr post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They obviously didn't show the worst of the worst for the same reason they don't show all the foul language or the fact that people have been having sex in the house. You know what else they haven't shown this season?

They haven't shown Day being a paranoid snake and completely sabotaging Tiffany's game and loving her over 8 ways to Sunday. In fact, they kind of made it seem like Tiffany did her wrong.

They haven't shown Day, Nicole, Michelle, and Z be incredibly catty mean girls to Tiffany, Nat, Bridgette, and Bronte.

They didn't show Bronte and Paul be really vicious and racist towards Tiffany, Michelle, and James.

They didn't show Paulie, Corey, Paul, and Victor be really misogynistic and MRA all season.

They didn't show the "FT" or Natalie bullying that's been done ALL SEASON, not just the last few days.

So yeah, Paulie didn't show a lot of his stuff shown but that's not because the show is protecting a Calafiore, its because they're protecting their show like they always do. They don't want TMZ headlines and controversy.

They did the same thing they did with Frank when his game blew up with the rear end slap. They showed the big thing that caused an uproar, they gave a decent amount of context to show it wasn't an isolated incident, and they gave him a completely unsympathetic edit with no excuses.

I mean, the episode ended with a string of Vic and Natalie celebrating Paulie's demise punctuated by Paul doing a dance and Paulie sobbing like a mess. That's actually a pretty uniquely bad edit for BB. They went out of their way to make Paulie look like a chump there and show how many people felt it was justice.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
Wow. I actually went into that episode - knowing all the spoilers and agreeing with conclusion that Paulie was either sick or scum - with some sympathy for Paulie. After watching him be such a creepy manipulative rear end in a top hat in the interaction with Zakiyah and being such a smug creep to Natalie in Tokyo.... yeah that is definitely gone. This guy is just run of the mill terrible scum. I thought that episode was pretty clear about it. He looked terrifying.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
That was my favourite episode of this show since the infamous Dan episode.

I can't believe I ended the show cheering for Paul and Victor.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Eb posted:

Well that was a whole load of nothing. I guess the rumors were true, CBS has obviously been paid off by Big Calafiore.

In kisses.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
It would be magical if the Friday episode isn't actually there for any Battle Back plan B and in fact it is just "here's an hour of Paulie being a douche" as if they had anticipated a further meltdown. They may have realized they need more time to show some of the more complex house dynamics since everything has flipped (Michelle's face turn is still really a feeds-only thing). I want to believe.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

It would be magical if the Friday episode isn't actually there for any Battle Back plan B and in fact it is just "here's an hour of Paulie being a douche" as if they had anticipated a further meltdown. They may have realized they need more time to show some of the more complex house dynamics since everything has flipped (Michelle's face turn is still really a feeds-only thing). I want to believe.
It'll be like the Thanksgiving episodes on Survivor.

Those "Remember when [event x] happened?" and the screen dissolves into a flashback. It'll be that interspersed with Zig Mar.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

Robnoxious posted:

It'll be like the Thanksgiving episodes on Survivor.

Those "Remember when [event x] happened?" and the screen dissolves into a flashback. It'll be that interspersed with Zig Mar.

They always do that for the BB Sunday episodes at final three and it is the worst because they almost never show clips that haven't already been on episodes. A clip show for a feeds-based program could be so much better.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm already surprised at how they're showing off how much Paulie is continuing to alienate people in the house. I hope the Calafiore relationship with CBS is done.

Edit: I love this romantic music playing over Paulie confessing his love to Corey.

TheRecogScene fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 18, 2016

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

He's getting a much better edit than his behavior deserves, but I guess I didn't expect much.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Corey's ZING, :lol:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Wee Bairns posted:

Corey's ZING, :lol:

What did zingbot actually say? I had a hard time understanding the bot :(

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Britt Burns posted:

What did zingbot actually say? I had a hard time understanding the bot :(

Basically asked who swept Nicole off her feet and had her seeing wedding bells, etc. Then answered Hayden.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I really enjoyed James's zing: "You love to play pranks and scare people, but the people you've scared most this season are... NATALIE'S PARENTS!"

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
That whole diary room spiel Paulie did in the backwards blue cap sounded extremely scripted - I think production dictated it.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

He's getting a completely sympathetic edit. Which his unaired behavior doesn't remotely deserve.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

Britt Burns posted:

That whole diary room spiel Paulie did in the backwards blue cap sounded extremely scripted - I think production dictated it.

You're right on the money, friend! The feeds suggest Paulie refused to do his punishment for quite a while before something said over the PA (with the feeds off) or in the DR convinced him to try baking a pie - he had to do it twice for them to get enough usable footage. I have no idea if he's going to get a penalty vote for not immediately complying, or if they'll sweep it under the rug.

Wee Bairns posted:

He's getting a completely sympathetic edit. Which his unaired behavior doesn't remotely deserve.

His family's money and his brother's popularity with fans of the show override any ethical concerns re: his behavior, it seems.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
gently caress this garbage edit. It makes Paulie seem sympathetic, and everyone else a little assholish. :argh:

They also didn't showcase enough of Paul's hilarious Secret Service antics.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Welp, I'm positive that Paulie will be back in the house on Friday :smithicide:

I really hope that the cat ladies explode all over social media and force BB to be more honest... of course that won't happen :gonk:

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

You're right on the money, friend! The feeds suggest Paulie refused to do his punishment for quite a while before something said over the PA (with the feeds off) or in the DR convinced him to try baking a pie - he had to do it twice for them to get enough usable footage. I have no idea if he's going to get a penalty vote for not immediately complying, or if they'll sweep it under the rug.

His family's money and his brother's popularity with fans of the show override any ethical concerns re: his behavior, it seems.

Paulie threatened to walk off the show/refuse to stay in the jury house multiple times. The DR had to call him in at least 3 times, and he was refusing to go to DR for awhile. The feed watchers thought he might pull a Chima. It seems like production had to threaten him with breach of contract to get him to do it.

The episode semi-showed one part where he said he wanted to just get on a plane and see his family, but that came off sad and sympathetic instead of poor sport crybaby.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
What a complete bullshit edit for Paulie.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Completely bullshit edit and I was right to think they were going to do it. This is why they need to abandon having people related to past HGs or even past HGs themselves on the show. I dunno why or how they care so much about Paulie, but here are somethings we didn't get to see this week.

He apparently hit Michelle with a door hard enough that Corey thought he might get thrown out.
On double eviction night, he made reference to his family kicking the girl's asses outside of the house. He later amended this to female family members.
He stuck the girl's pads and tampons to a wall and spelled out some kind of message with them. (didn't expect to see it, but still.)
Claiming he never tried to kick someone when they were down in this game, after noms, in response to Michelle laughing, despite him laughing at her nomination and also him planning to humiliate her during this week's noms (he thought she was going up.)
He told James he was booby blind, and when James told him that wasn't cool, his response was, "maybe I should have said booty blind."
The argument in the kitchen today had a major point of contention which was the fact that he made a final 3 with James and Corey AND a final 3 with Paul and Victor. He admitted there that he had been lying to Paul and Victor, which is why Paul says "but gently caress me right?"
He got caught in a bunch of lies because he kept running around the house giving sob story reasons and people kept calling him out on his dumb poo poo.
He claimed he was not going to stay at jury because of claustrophobia.
He brings up an aunt who has cancer as a reason to both stay in the game, and a reason to dodge jury.
He initially refused to get his costume and the producers had to somehow force him to do it.
After baking one pie, he refused the second call, resulting in them cutting to fish.
Crying and not wanting to sleep in a bed alone.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 18, 2016

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

Completely bullshit edit and I was right to think they were going to do it. This is why they need to abandon having people related to past HGs or even past HGs themselves on the show. I dunno why or how they care so much about Paulie, but here are somethings we didn't get to see this week.

He apparently hit Michelle with a door hard enough that Corey thought he might get thrown out.
On double eviction night, he made reference to his family kicking the girl's asses outside of the house. He later amended this to female family members.
He stuck the girl's pads and tampons to a wall and spelled out some kind of message with them. (didn't expect to see it, but still.)
Claiming he never tried to kick someone when they were down in this game, after noms, in response to Michelle laughing, despite him laughing at her nomination and also him planning to humiliate her during this week's noms (he thought she was going up.)
He told James he was booby blind, and when James told him that wasn't cool, his response was, "maybe I should have said booty blind."
The argument in the kitchen today had a major point of contention which was the fact that he made a final 3 with James and Corey AND a final 3 with Paul and Victor. He admitted there that he had been lying to Paul and Victor, which is why Paul says "but gently caress me right?"
He got caught in a bunch of lies because he kept running around the house giving sob story reasons and people kept calling him out on his dumb poo poo.
He claimed he was not going to stay at jury because of claustrophobia.
He brings up an aunt who has cancer as a reason to both stay in the game, and a reason to dodge jury.
He initially refused to get his costume and the producers had to somehow force him to do it.
After baking one pie, he refused the second call, resulting in them cutting to fish.
Crying and not wanting to sleep in a bed alone.

Just wanted to add in that the message wasting all of the tampons and pads was "Tampons are not toys and neither are pads" which makes me wonder if a girl had said something to him about not loving around with their hygiene products, and being told he couldn't do something he decided he was going to poo poo all over them.

Also, I believe at one point he accidentally was telling people his grandmother had cancer, and not his aunt, which makes the story extra suspect and therefore lovely.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Just wanted to add in that the message wasting all of the tampons and pads was "Tampons are not toys and neither are pads" which makes me wonder if a girl had said something to him about not loving around with their hygiene products, and being told he couldn't do something he decided he was going to poo poo all over them.

I think a couple of the girls jokingly threw a couple clean tampons at Paul or his bed, and Paulie was disgusted, so he wasted all the tampons and pads to "teach them a lesson."

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
So Paulie just got the total underdog edit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they covered for Paulie a lot there.

Still no real discussion of how he spent all season talking about Natalie's breasts and her being a "Jersey girl" using James and why it was the big thing behind why she hates him and James was saying he wouldn't say stuff to Z.

Cruising over his whole temper tantrum with the pies. It took like a day for them to get him to make one pie, he was saying over and over he wouldn't do it and said he just agreed to film what they need for TV and did it acting miserable and making everyone uncomfortable. Then not only refused to do it a second time but took off his mic and refused to go to DR. They went to fish, someone must have threatened him, and when we came back Corey was telling him not to screw everything up and to get it together.

I don't really buy that whole "the worst part of me came out" line in DR either since he's never once apologized to any of the HGs for any of his behavior or expressed any regret for anything. He continues to just blame the guys for betraying him.

And James and Corey are getting off clean too even though they've been going on and on about how they're "the good side" and the only loyal people and calling Michelle evil and Natalie a bad person and saying James angered America by turning on them.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Meh... edit aside I think enough was shown that NOT CODY is a big crybaby tantrum throwing dickbag.

It highlighted Paul was completely on board with his punishment and is having fun doing so even to the point that the houseguests are making his routine difficult to accomplish just for shits n giggles. Paul has a really good shot at winning this.

Corey's punishment is appropo since it requires him doing next to nothing which has been his role since Day 1.

Paulie could very well have the Golden Ticket which will only extend the Paulie Parlour Games another week unless he wins HOH and then another shitshow continues. This season has been a bunch of diminishing returns and I see no reason after that worst case DE to have this season snowball further into the cesspool.

Even IF Paulie survives he is forever a goat. He won't win against anyone 'cept Meesh and James. Even Victor has a better shot at this point and resurrectees are usually seen as poison.

It would not surprise me to see Paul and/or Vic get thrown right back into this All Access BB Season they are trying. More so Paul because he's at least bringing something even despite his dumb catchphrases. It would be interesting to see if someone could even marathon such a feat. The time between BB18 wraps and BB Online starts is like 2 weeks.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

A slightly different read on the edit:

Paulie is a misogynistic macho dude bro, and the people he likes seem to be the same. People who like him will tend to be the same incl. fans of his and his real life friends.

So rather than being "sympathetic", the edit he got last night is potentially the most damaging he could have possibly received. Because he was "crying like a little girl", and that won't go down well with the dudebro demographic he'll be returning to one he leaves the house. It'll be utter humiliation for him.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Arcanen posted:

A slightly different read on the edit:

Paulie is a misogynistic macho dude bro, and the people he likes seem to be the same. People who like him will tend to be the same incl. fans of his and his real life friends.

So rather than being "sympathetic", the edit he got last night is potentially the most damaging he could have possibly received. Because he was "crying like a little girl", and that won't go down well with the dudebro demographic he'll be returning to one he leaves the house. It'll be utter humiliation for him.

That's a very optimistic outlook. I highly doubt the producers are specifically editing him to hurt him with his bros back home and no one else. Bros aren't a big demo for the audience, who is what matters for ratings, and the edit they gave him played him as sympathetic, emotional, and an underdog to audience, most of whom will never touch the feeds. It was a complete bullshit edit meant to protect him and his family for some weird, as of yet unknown, bullshit reason.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Why do we keep watching this terrible show?! :psyduck:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Britt Burns posted:

Why do we keep watching this terrible show?! :psyduck:

There's nothing else on in the summer... :negative:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
I'll wager production knows who's coming back in and Paulie got the happy fun time edit because he's it. :O

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

Who's ready for a Paulie round trip ticket? Calling it now so it's a win/win where I'm either right or I'm relieved.

ETA: Oh my God, they're ACTUALLY showing Paulie resisting his punishment. I guess that means he's definitely getting that penalty, then.

E2A: Oh, never mind, it's just to make him the victim of bullying. He is officially being given production's full sympathy.

TheRecogScene fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 19, 2016

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

The chronology on this is way out of whack, as the Paulie/Corey stuff happened Sunday night.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Who's ready for a Paulie round trip ticket? Calling it now so it's a win/win where I'm either right or I'm relieved.

ETA: Oh my God, they're ACTUALLY showing Paulie resisting his punishment. I guess that means he's definitely getting that penalty, then.

E2A: Oh, never mind, it's just to make him the victim of bullying. He is officially being given production's full sympathy.

Yep no production talk shown in this edit.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 19, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

How is baking pies even a punishment?! Lean into it and have some fun.

Just get to the vote already I can't stand listening to Paulie.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

Binary Logic posted:

How is baking pies even a punishment?!
When you're a control freak, being forced to do ANYTHING is unbearable.

No whammies. No whammies!

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

Binary Logic posted:

I wonder if they really will manage to flip the votes by having Paul convinced he's just casting a sympathy vote. He'd have to be pissed.

Binary Logic posted:

The worst part of it is that it lasts for the rest of the summer instead of just for one week, and that he needs to wave a flag while the pie is in the oven. Still, it seems like a fun punishment and an amazing way to build up a social game - if Bridgette was still in the house, she'd be able to be really helpful in teaching about making apple pies, and in general being the provider of delicious pie would surely make people like you more.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm so thankful Da'vonne seems to be opening up to Zakiyah's eyes to how lovely Paulie has been. My greatest hope is that the Da and Bridgette jury can help Zakiyah's self-esteem.

ETA: Thank god for that ticket result. I hope they reveal who did have it.

TheRecogScene fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
Thank loving god

• Locked thread