Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was Bleach good?
This poll is closed.
yah 57 21.03%
nah 214 78.97%
Total: 271 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
slev
Apr 6, 2009

The new bet is how long kubo's next serialization lasts before it is cancelled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Serious Frolicking posted:

the cancellation was announced maybe 2 months ago? though, some sad souls on reddit tried desperately to convince themselves that it was not true. it was very obvious in the manga when kubo learned he had gotten canned, because all the lengthy pointless bullshit he had set up ended almost immediately and he jumped straight to the first ywach/ichigo fight.

The point where Kubo learned he was canned is awesome because it had more content than the last five or so chapters and the chapter immediately before it had two double page spreads of an Ichigo pose with a white background, four pages for what you could tell in a panel.

slev posted:

The new bet is how long kubo's next serialization lasts before it is cancelled

since when were you under the impression someone would pick up a new Kubo serialization?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Manga that will also have bad endings: one piece

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Attack n titan

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Akagi

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The one you like

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
So, all of Kubo's published series' have ended in cancellation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Drink Top posted:

So, all of Kubo's published series' have ended in cancellation.

and yet a few people still somehow think that kubo will go back to zombie powder, which was a much bigger flop. kubo is really bad at making manga, but i'm pretty sure his brain is intact.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Namtab posted:

The one you like

OH NO

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Namtab posted:

Manga that will also have bad endings: one piece

i kind of wish oda hadn't set himself on making a single epic that would take his entire professional career to complete. he just can't seem to hit his previous highs any more.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

hey spiritus nox maybe you should just actually read the manga instead of making us relay the entirety of it to you.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

i kind of wish oda hadn't set himself on making a single epic that would take his entire professional career to complete. he just can't seem to hit his previous highs any more.

Not many people are capable of making their life's aim be to disappoint generations of people with a bad ending. oda is capable. Entire families will get owned.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Namtab posted:

Not many people are capable of making their life's aim be to disappoint generations of people with a bad ending. oda is capable. Entire families will get owned.

At least I will get to know how hosed up the proportions of One Piece women will become by the time the time Oda kicks the bucket.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shugojin posted:

At least I will get to know how hosed up the proportions of One Piece women will become by the time the time Oda kicks the bucket.

I can live in the future where nami is a talking bap

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Namtab posted:

I can live in the future where nami is a talking bap

i'm pretty sure the future is already in the anime

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
How long has Akagi been in Washizu's mansion again?

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Top 10 Posters of Bleach Manga Thread 14
code:
ZepiaEltnamOberon	801
Serious Frolicking	778
SyntheticPolygon	564
hagie			507
Voted Worst Mom		506
Doresh			433
Advice			425
Kild			422
hiddenriverninja	418
Baal			395
Thank you for your contributions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
considering that i barely posted for a couple years i certainly made up for it in the final stretch

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Akagi had an amazing ending.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

someone do something

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am debating making a minor effort post about what I think was good or promising about Bleach and how it fell short aside from known pacing problems, but A) it doesn't matter and B) nobody cares.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

u might as well

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Namtab posted:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

u might as well

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

There's something weird about pretending something's fake and then using the same designs from the thing you want to pretend is fake

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

code:
ZepiaEltnamOberon	801
Serious Frolicking	778
SyntheticPolygon	564
hagie			507
Voted Worst Mom		506
Doresh			433
Advice			425
Kild			422
hiddenriverninja	418
Baal			395

Congrats to my good friend Zepia for finally achieving his lifelong goal.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I miss Honest Ray. That was a true blue Bleach fan in a sea of hate. He kinda disappeared right after the Full bring arc ended. Wonder where he is now...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

love that salt

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

chumbler posted:

I am debating making a minor effort post about what I think was good or promising about Bleach and how it fell short aside from known pacing problems, but A) it doesn't matter and B) nobody cares.

Personally, the "potential" I saw in Bleach was way back when at the very beginning. Hollows were this mindless things that acted upon instinct attacking humans for their spirit juice, but then on the background you started seeing events of Hollows organizing which gave the sense that something bigger was about to unfold.

Soul Society happened, it was good by shonen standards, but a deviation from the earlier mood the series set. Still by the end of it, Menos Grande are back and the ghost cops are all shocked to see that one of their own has joined ranks with them.

Up till that point, Menos Grande were set up like some form of Eldritch Abominations. Some deities from the other world that found Aizen to be interesting and decided to join forces with him for a common goal, even maybe to manipulate him or use him as an agent to do their bidding.

300 Chapters later it turned out they were following Aizen because he was stronger and smarter and smuggier than them all, and Aizen had the objective to kill god because ????

Also everything was according to Aizen's plan. Even the things he couldn't have possibly have an influence upon.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 19, 2016

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Will the reveal that one piece was just the adventure be better or worse than this ending

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

code:
ZepiaEltnamOberon	801
Serious Frolicking	778
SyntheticPolygon	564
hagie			507
Voted Worst Mom		506
Doresh			433
Advice			425
Kild			422
hiddenriverninja	418
Baal			395

Eh, bronze medal ain't bad.

slev posted:

Will the reveal that one piece was just the adventure be better or worse than this ending

Probably better.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ok :lol: I owe Kubo an apology. Thanks to him we got people in Tumblr raging over Ichihime and destroying all their Bleach stuff.

All this years of reading Bleach finally got their payoff :allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ha ha, they could handle years of bleach being terrible, but the wrong waifu appearing for a single page is unforgivable.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A ha ha. Yeah, it's Naruto, but on a lesser scale I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The funny thing about people getting shipmad is that Orihime crushing on Ichigo was a thing literally from the start, Renji and Rukia's thing was pretty clear early on, and Ichigo and Rukia never really had any non-comedic chemistry. I mean not that any of those things has ever stopped shippers before, but there was basically no teasing of anything else except maybe an Ichigo/Tatsuki/Orihime love triangle which died at the beginning of SS.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best part is, a different set of sad, lonely people would still be losing their minds if kubo had gone with different pairings. there was no way to avoid breaking the hearts of some deeply disturbed people.

also, gj with breaking a dvd of a lovely bleach movie, which is a completely worthless object.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'd like to thank ZEO for historic knowledge and insight and Baal for continuing to make me believe in bleach being good. I'm glad we made this journey together.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Didn't the anime have a lot of Rukia/Ichigo subtext or whatever? Ah gently caress it, seeing all these salty shippers is the only joy one can get from modern Bleach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm probably getting more joy from modern bleach than i ever did from bleach when it was good.

• Locked thread