Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

WhiteHowler posted:

I look forward to keyboard noodling.

Organ noodling :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Mike's done that one before, so there's a good chance we'll get a download, too.

It is currently available on Hulu so I'd say so.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I haven't seen Carnival of Souls. What's the lowdown on that one?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Wildly overrated, essentially plotless psychological 'thriller' that is just atmospheric and competent enough to keep it from the bottom tier of no-budget postwar MST3K turdburgers.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
If it's the one I'm thinking of there are a lot of shots of the main character walking around empty locations doing nothing.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Bimmi posted:

Wildly overrated, essentially plotless psychological 'thriller' that is just atmospheric and competent enough to keep it from the bottom tier of no-budget postwar MST3K turdburgers.

Yeah, the wind went out of my sails when I saw it was "Carnival of Souls." I didn't think it was worth doing the first time, much less twice. :shrug:

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Gavok posted:

I haven't seen Carnival of Souls. What's the lowdown on that one?

It's got some mild cinematic importance for being one of the first real no-budget "indie" horror movies, and it influenced guys like George Romero, but that in no way translates to it being watchable. There are a couple of neat wide shots, but NO plot and the pacing is impossibly slow. Even with a riff over it I usually struggle to stay awake through the whole thing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They've already done a Mike solo and a Mike-Kevin-Bill riff of Carnival of Souls. Both were good. The Mike solo was on the Legends Film DVD release and the MKB riff was an MP3/DVD release and may be available as a VOD?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watched "Danger! Keep Out!" where young Canadians cut through the excitement of a construction zone.

Worth watching just for the one teacher's sweater, which defies explanation.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Sounds like Mothra will not see a VOD release. :( Which means because my local theater in Canada SUCKS, I won't get to see it.Really wish there was an option to live stream at home.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Sounds like Mothra will not see a VOD release. :( Which means because my local theater in Canada SUCKS, I won't get to see it.Really wish there was an option to live stream at home.

What what what!!!!

I'll have to hope I get the day off or hope someone finds an alternative means to circulate the tapes.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RandomPauI posted:

What what what!!!!

I'll have to hope I get the day off or hope someone finds an alternative means to circulate the tapes.

I'm guessing they'll do an MP3 with the live jokes like they did with Starship Troopers.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Curse you Sandy Franks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvN10-n1NBc

I really don't like dealing with the mp3 version of movies that I would only watch for the riff.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

RandomPauI posted:

What what what!!!!

There'll undoubtedly be an MP3 only release but if you want that live ambience, there's a decent chance someone will record audio from the show, which happened for Starship Troopers and I believe also for Godzilla 98 and Anaconda. That of course dives into :filez: territory.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Oh man, Social Acceptability reminds me why you couldn't pay me enough to be a teenager again.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

All the shorts are 20% off until midnight August 11!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo, Mothra is tomorrow night already? I feel like I didn't even notice that it was going to be this close. I just got the email now and was surprised by the subject line.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I just added everything up, and I spent $93 on shorts last weekend, and $28 on my Mothra tickets.

But I don't have a problem.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I can't go to either of the Mothra shows. Will it be available for backers? I'm only seeing Time Chasers being available in the campaign.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vicissitude posted:

I can't go to either of the Mothra shows. Will it be available for backers? I'm only seeing Time Chasers being available in the campaign.

Sounds like it won't, so it probably just a get a mp3 release later. Dunno if it turns into a backer reward since it and the later one were announced months later.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

According to RiffTrax, this is not getting a VoD release because Sony.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

gotta protect that valuable Mothra IP, everyone's knocking their door down to get it

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Well, with Shin Godzilla coming out soon there's a chance for the whole franchise to boom. Dunno how big a boom, but it might be a nice boost for their numbers.

EDIT: vv Hey, you gotta be a big name in the business to drown Bela Legosi in a pool :mad:

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 18, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Mothra's also slated to appear in the Godzilla 2014 sequel, so it's not exactly surprising that this won't get a VOD. I mean, it's loving Mothra, not some rubber octopus drowning Bela Lugosi in a pond.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I got tickets for the repeat on Tuesday, so I hope it's a good show.
Watched Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster recently, and I'm still not sure what the point of Daikondura was.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That's some good test material

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of odd that all the preshow songs have just been Weird Al stuff instead of the more medley stuff they usually do.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of odd that all the preshow songs have just been Weird Al stuff instead of the more medley stuff they usually do.

It's almost entirely Weird Al, haven't heard a non Weird Al til the Tenacious D song they just started.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

muscles like this? posted:

Well, not all of them, but I suppose you have a point. I'm just kinda glad to not hear the same Johnathan Coulton song for the umpteenth time really

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Neverending Story and a DnD broadcast? That's a hell of an odd lineup

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Neverending Story and a DnD broadcast? That's a hell of an odd lineup

No doubt but after watching Harmonquest I kinda want to see that DnD broadcast. Also Labyrinth!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I missed all the pre show slides. :(

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

This was a good one.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dead Like Rev posted:

This was a good one.
Mothra is indeed adorable :3:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Mothra is a legit great movie but it was a fun riff.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

rickiep00h posted:

I missed all the pre show slides. :(

Me too, cause my theater accidentally started showing the MST3K show instead! Anyone snap pictures of these?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Well, not all of them, but I suppose you have a point. I'm just kinda glad to not hear the same Johnathan Coulton song for the umpteenth time really

do you mean the one that played during the credits?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That cross stuff was really weird and kind of out of nowhere. Also surprised they only made one joke about how racist the whole "native" thing was.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Mothra just isn't the best Japanese monster. Good riffs, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Breadallelogram posted:

do you mean the one that played during the credits?
I don't know, there's a couple they've played over slides for like three or four shows a while back that I was getting sick of, but it must not have made much of an impact cause I can't remember the names

• Locked thread