Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Metzen's gotta go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
The last patch bugged genjis ult on console. You can hear the callout but not the wind up or sword noises.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This is probably bannable but do you say Loochy-o or Lucy-o?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
There's so many loving Hanzos... :suicide:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The Sphinxster posted:

This is probably bannable but do you say Loochy-o or Lucy-o?

Black man healer, cf. white woman healer

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Watched the Bastion short and was surprised by how decent it was, but as others have said that comes down to it being entirely about the animation with no stupid dialogue to spoil it.

Bastion is a good murder bot.

Proposition Joe posted:

There's so many loving Hanzos... :suicide:

Welcome to Overwatch. The age of Hanjo has begun.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 19, 2016

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Internet Kraken posted:

Watched the Bastion short and was surprised by how decent it was, but as others have said that comes down to it being entirely about the animation with no stupid dialogue to spoil it.

also ganymede is cute af

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
see latest whinge

Relin fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 5, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

pakman posted:

Are those actual twitch emotes in D.Va's emote?

Looks like it.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

pakman posted:

Are those actual twitch emotes in D.Va's emote?

I'm pretty sure it's just a vague kappa-shape, not Kappa Himself (PBUH)

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the last bastion is just perfect. what a job by the team who produced that.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
official discussion why roadhog is the best champ

point: he can hook many annoying heroes and kill them instantly by shooting them in the face
counterpoint: he's fat and slow and makes weird creepy noises all the time

point: forgiving of mistakes due to self heal and low cooldown
counterpoint: "yeah waddle away you big dumb fatass who can't land a hook" - everyone, all the time

point: gently caress you winston
counterpoint: gently caress you reaper

counterpoint: you could probably become a better player by picking someone else and be more useful as a result
point: killing better players 1v1 because you have a bullshit kit and 600hp and they dont is funny and good

counterpoint: you give ult charges to dudes who proceed to murder your entire team
point: gently caress the team

counterpoint: holy poo poo dude could you just go reinhart or zarya please
point: well come to the apok o' lisp

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I like roadhog, but I feel like I can't trust anybody who calls them "champs"

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
heroes are dota characters and overwatch's cast is clearly more lol worthy :smuggo:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

counterpoint: you could probably become a better player by picking someone else and be more useful as a result

roadhog is actually an incredibly solid hero who's just out of favor right now because of discord orb

he's also one of the strongest counters to genji

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
D.Vas shield blocks the hook right?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Zephyrine posted:

Nope.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tiler Kiwi posted:

official discussion why roadhog is the best champ

point: he can hook many annoying heroes and kill them instantly by shooting them in the face
counterpoint: he's fat and slow and makes weird creepy noises all the time

point: forgiving of mistakes due to self heal and low cooldown
counterpoint: "yeah waddle away you big dumb fatass who can't land a hook" - everyone, all the time

point: gently caress you winston
counterpoint: gently caress you reaper

point: killing better players 1v1 because you have a bullshit kit and 600hp and they dont is funny and good

counterpoint: you give ult charges to dudes who proceed to murder your entire team
point: gently caress the team

counterpoint: holy poo poo dude could you just go reinhart or zarya please
point: well come to the apok o' lisp

I like to play as roadhog just to bait the other team into picking a dedicated anti-roadhog reaper and then constantly keeping track of that reaper and prioritizing him above almost everything else. You want to piss off a reaper in poo poo-player tier QP? Never let him get the drop on you up close. Bonus points if they give up a medic or ranged offense to send the reaper out.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

i actually don't think it does. i know rein's does, and zarya's does, and both are very annoying and noticeable.

d.va is weird since she's listed as "strong against" roadhog, but she can eat poo poo against him really fast since, when hooked, she's lined up real nice for a shotgun to her giant head hitbox. if you get super, super, super close, it takes out a huge amount of her health.

of course then she just dances elsewhere and gets her mech back by poking you repeatedly, but otoh if you actually hook her without her mech she's totally dead.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

roadhog is actually an incredibly solid hero who's just out of favor right now because of discord orb

he's also one of the strongest counters to genji

thats good because he's the only character that I perform pretty well on.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

D.Va in my experience will clown on Roadhog 1v1, especially now you can matrix 1-2 of his shots. You can also get him to hook your exploding mech

In a teamfight though Roadhog counters D.Va as you can hook through her matrix and bring her to your team to be destroyed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i actually don't think it does. i know rein's does, and zarya's does, and both are very annoying and noticeable.

defense matrix doesn't stop the hook. actual shields do, such as the two you mentioned and winston's bubble shield

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is there any tank good for closing on a Bastion or do they rely on others? Rein can wreck him but dies while closing, Winston does jack all against armor, and Dva has the same issue. I guess Zarya can do some stuff but her bubble's gonna pop in an instant so she needs some cover to help close.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

defense matrix doesn't stop the hook. actual shields do, such as the two you mentioned and winston's bubble shield

o yeah winston

winston is funny at whatever tier of badness im at, since a lot of them seem to imagine they have some sort of chance in a close range fight. they're super easy to bait into leaving their bubble by just feigning a retreat. they live long enough that you can see them panic a bit when they realize they've made a mistake.

Bruceski posted:

Is there any tank good for closing on a Bastion or do they rely on others? Rein can wreck him but dies while closing, Winston does jack all against armor, and Dva has the same issue. I guess Zarya can do some stuff but her bubble's gonna pop in an instant so she needs some cover to help close.

roadhog can hook him out of turret form, but if he's got a rein guarding him you're a bit sol unless you can get in a spot to shoot the shield down without getting mulched.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Okay for real, what is the origin of people calling him 'Hanjo'?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Wow okay gently caress you too, Zen. You're just jealous of my higher healing potential and ability to raise people from the dead.

https://youtu.be/T21V38SgV-c

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mystic Stylez posted:

How can anybody dislike Lúcio

Easy. When he's on the other team.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Wow okay gently caress you too, Zen. You're just jealous of my higher healing potential and ability to raise people from the dead.

https://youtu.be/T21V38SgV-c

Curb stomping earth shattered people is the most cathartic thing you can do as Zenyatta.

Better start raising yourself from the dead. :smug:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bruceski posted:

d.va is by far the best. defense matrix doesn't break like other shields so you can just sit there and eat bullets until it runs out or dies. just have someone with some range follow along behind you and shoot the bastion through you

if you want to deal with bastion in a 1v1, don't play a tank

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Commoners posted:

Curb stomping earth shattered people is the most cathartic thing you can do as Zenyatta.

Better start raising yourself from the dead. :smug:

:arghfist::angel:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
someone said they made it so sprays during potg become generic overwatch sprays

this is a lie, right

e: it is only character specific sprays

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 19, 2016

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

What about killcams? I need to know if my Zenyatta foot spray is having the desired effect when I kill someone with melee

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

chumbler posted:

Okay for real, what is the origin of people calling him 'Hanjo'?

Bacontotem's quest for rank 1.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

You'd think they'd blurt it out as Hangeoung

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you want to deal with bastion in a 1v1, don't play a tank

It's less that and more "I'm currently playing a tank, and nobody is shooting the Bastion."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bruceski posted:

It's less that and more "I'm currently playing a tank, and nobody is shooting the Bastion."

it's just quickplay, if you are losing despite putting forth the effort just kick back and try taking the bastion down with hanzo. Give it a solid effort for a couple minutes and then determine whether you want to switch to practicing a character you've never played before or keep making the push. It covers all assumptions - If your team was loving off, then you would have lost anyway and you shouldn't be wasting the effort so join the team in loving around under the steamroller. If your team was trying, as were you, and got rolled anyway, it would have been a waste of effort in a frustrating loss.

In a game built around team composition and counter-picking against the enemy, actual "crosshairs on head" skill is certainly helpful but ultimately marginal. Switching to, say, Reaper to counter their Winston or Roadhog is a good idea but if your team isn't willing to follow up with comp adjustments to tackle the other team's pharah/mccree/genji, then it's a loss before it even started and you should just switch to Tracer to see how far you can fall down the Ilios pit while still being able to rewind back out.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 19, 2016

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Hanzo is a very good Bastion counter as he has the ability to take flank routes, a highly damaging primary fire, Scatter Arrow, and an ult that at worst will force Bastion to move. I'm pretty sure you can almost one shot an ultIng Bastion with Scatter Arrow as well

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I only played the 10 placement matches of season 1 but I am not dealing with multiple Hanjos so I guess I'm joining you tryhards in season 2.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

After playing PTR a bit I don't think the genji nerfs are too crazy. The ult duration reduction feels right. The animation cancel feels wonky at first but quickly adapted. And his triple jump doesn't really affect my gameplay since I didn't really double jump > wall climb > jump much to begin with.

Overall genji feels pretty good good.

Mei and Hanzo need to be needed heavily again. Hanzo is firing tree trunks from a rail gun and Mei might as well be flinging ice bergs around with how big their hitboxes are.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Lúcio looks a bit out of place in the setting of otherwise exaggerated and cartoonish characters.

It's like Michael Jordan in space jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
nah, him and his grotesque sausage dreadlocks fit right in