Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fishreds99 posted:

"Hope u guys planned on everyone you ever knew and loved being dead for 50,000 years when we get back!"

More like "Hope u guys planned on everyone you ever knew and loved never seeing you again, because the next scoopable star is .2 Ly beyond my max range and I need to shed a bit of mass to get there!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

El Grillo posted:

I didn't hear this, was that in the 'interview part 1' video that's been uploaded now?

It was in part 4 that's private now.

e:

Pilchenstein posted:

He did confirm storage and transport of ships & modules in interview 4 but didn't specify when it was coming.

Yeah, unfortunately no dates, but just that it's coming is honestly good enough for me. It's the biggest flaw right now.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

The Beluga looks pretty cool. I like the airplane style emergency exit hatches. I wonder if first class or luxury cabins will only be able to be installed on dedicated passenger ships like the Orca or Beluga, but any other ships can have economy cabins. That way, nerds* can fulfill their sad Firefly fantasies. Also, it would be fun to accept a passenger contract and be like, "Oops we're heading to Sag A*; hope you guys have a month or two for the trip."

*not me, obviously. :v:

Having just watched the video showcasing the Beluga, I'm kind of disappointed. I really loved the concept art, but the real thing is kind of ugly. The bridge is the best, though. I just wish I could rip out a Beluga-bridge and install it on another, less... bulgy looking ship.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm really bad about catching these hahah. Why do they care if these videos are up?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

frank.club posted:

I'm really bad about catching these hahah. Why do they care if these videos are up?

Gamescom is over multiple days and I guess they don't want to reveal everything immediately on day 1?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
guess so, I did catch some of the new stuff in the last page. Looks good!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I hope I can turn my Corvette into some war tourist's wet dream. "yeah I'll get you there but we're doing some light bounty hunting on the way you'll want this barf bag things are going to get bumpy".

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

How about taking a Federal Dropship and transporting a space-commando team to an enemy planetary base?

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I hope I can turn my Corvette into some war tourist's wet dream. "yeah I'll get you there but we're doing some light bounty hunting on the way you'll want this barf bag things are going to get bumpy".

A pillow? Uhhhh... How does a spent artillery shell sound?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Dante80 posted:

How about taking a Federal Dropship and transporting a space-commando team to an enemy planetary base?

That'd be cool but I think that might expecting/asking too much.

Troop transport would be rad.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ledenko posted:

A pillow? Uhhhh... How does a spent artillery shell sound?

Don't worry, the soothing rhythmical thumping of multicannons will make it relaxing and even romantic — like sleeping on a train cutting its way through the dark night.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Already confirmed to be passenger type.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Alehkhs posted:

Oh. Well then :toot:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Alehkhs posted:

I think the key part is into an active hostile zone though.

Somehow I doubt it, would be cool though if you had to land on the enemy landing platforms and whether or not you destroyed the base defenses before hand impacted the mission success rate and payout.

That would probably require more than 3 installations on an entire planet to make sense but :details:.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

While providing fire-support (the role the dropship is basically built for) against enemy ground forces until the team breaks into the base?
Definitly something id like to do/see.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

There's an extra :10bux: for you if you'll let me man the point defence

Yes.

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 18, 2016

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Any indication whether there'll be people wandering around those station interiors?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Any indication whether there'll be people wandering around those station interiors?

I always thought even some moving silhouettes in the flight tower buildings that overlooked the station landing pads would have added a lot for little effort.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

There's an extra :10bux: for you if you'll let me man the point defence
It's Ryanair, it's an extra :10bux: for a seat inside the ship.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
So I haven't played this game in about a year and decided to jump back in with a clean save today. Are salvage missions near planets just... not right? Or am I missing something?

It seems like the salvage is being affected by the planet's gravity, but it also seems like it's just endlessly falling straight down rather than orbiting. Actually catching up to it and lining up feels literally impossible. It's slightly more manageable with FA off, but it still feels like the canisters are moving in completely nonsensical ways.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's a bug, fly away a couple light seconds then come back and it should work.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
When is season 3 due to drop? I'd get it now but I don't want to pay $60 now and then have to pay another $30 in a few months time.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

V for Vegas posted:

When is season 3 due to drop? I'd get it now but I don't want to pay $60 now and then have to pay another $30 in a few months time.

I would guess Summer 2017 right now, given that the announced target for 2.2 is "mid-October," and we still have 2.3 and 2.4 after that. :shrug:

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
where are the videos about exploding spaceships, I want my Newtype fights with drone fighters all over the place already. also infrasystem battles, can we throw a station at another station

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
failing that, can we put Anaconda engines on a Viper and go at super puke speeds

this game is so close to being gundam without robots and I want it bad now. the game not gundam

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I want to see base/outpost/station assaults that see us actually hitting and disabling these targets and supporting capitals doing the shooting. Or missions to hot-drop troops to capture them.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Beluga looks cool enough (I'm not terribly interested in ferrying nerds around). I haven't touched ED in a few months and I sorta want to get back into it. Ship-launched fighters seems like the perfect reason to.

Also, is there any sort of guide for the engineers? I have exactly zero clue what the gently caress they do, where they are, what they want, or how to even find them, so any info is appreciated.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Is doing data courier missions still the best way to grind Fed rank? Cause I'm not sure if I want to put in the 20 or so hours it'll take me doing that to be able to buy a Corvette.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Took my new Vulture on a combat test run tonite in a RES. While blasting "space grass" by Clutch i'm taking down Eagles, Adders, 2 Asps and a Viper mk4. Made 120k in 10 minutes. I'm not the best at combat in this game but drat it was unfair against these ships. I was able to stay inside their assholes with my lateral/vertical thrusters and never got hit. The ships I fought weren't too heavy but all Master or above combat rank. drat it feels good to be a gangster!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Whoever thought engineer bribes was a good idea should be held feet first over a candle until i get 50 loving cigars 190ly to Hera Tranni.
Which they sell in batches of 30 IF YOURE LUCKY, ive seen people getting 5 each cycle.
Also the shop doesnt refresh once you have 6 of them on board, so you are bound to make the 190ly journey at least twice in each direction (if youre lucky to get a good roll on the supply).
Also teh only shop in the universe to sell those cigars while having a cobra in stock, doesnt supply jumpdrives.
This is simply put, a galactic dick-move Braben.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I may downgrade the fdl to a Vulture again for combat. But Goddamn those fdl shields.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Thronde posted:

Yeah I may downgrade the fdl to a Vulture again for combat. But Goddamn those fdl shields.

Yes. Especially if you go nuts with the engineer upgrades. I seem to recall that they had to up the power of station defences to make them stand a chance against upgraded ships and the FdL is definitely a candidate cause for that need. Without even rolling all that well, you can almost make it have more effective HP in shields alone (and still have a silly fast recharge) than an old A-fitted Anaconda would have in total.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Yes. Especially if you go nuts with the engineer upgrades. I seem to recall that they had to up the power of station defences to make them stand a chance against upgraded ships and the FdL is definitely a candidate cause for that need. Without even rolling all that well, you can almost make it have more effective HP in shields alone (and still have a silly fast recharge) than an old A-fitted Anaconda would have in total.

Im looking forward to this.
i have the A5 Prismatics already, now grinding for power plant to actually juice them and then going for engineer shields.
I suppose upgrading the distributor towards shield blips helps?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWu_rvu0H6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ6Bq0RGDeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTxgeZH14Xk

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imgjx7kfagc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLvVqRPVSWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v_N-RnUmX8

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I don't care if it's gonna be sub-optimal or whatever fighter bays look sick as gently caress and I can't wait to fill my Corvette with as many as I possibly can

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I've not done any Engineers stuff yet, but have just got back to the bubble from a 10kly out trip. Am I best off taking that cartographic data to Felicity Farseer (along with some meta-alloys to start) to rank up with her really quickly, or wait for a community goal for it to make mad cash?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I dumped some 1000ly worth of (very light) exploration onto felicity and it got me to level 3 instantly. Dump enough to get you to level 4 or 5, save the rest imo.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Gromit posted:

I've not done any Engineers stuff yet, but have just got back to the bubble from a 10kly out trip. Am I best off taking that cartographic data to Felicity Farseer (along with some meta-alloys to start) to rank up with her really quickly, or wait for a community goal for it to make mad cash?

Do you prefer to grind materials for those ranks or just skip them entirely? Do you want to gamble that there is some useful CG later on, and that you won't have more data by then (especially with a fancy new FSD mod installed)? Do you really need mad cash, or can you gather than in better way if/when you need it?

Now, Felecity isn't very hard to rank up to begin with, so you're not skipping that much by dumping data on her — there are other, slightly more annoying, engineers that also accept exploration data so you might want to use it on them instead. Either way, saving the data for later seems like the least useful thing to do with it unless there's absolutely nothing you can do with it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm convinced to visit Felicity. Like I said, I'm new to the whole Engineers thing so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't just wasting it on her. I might even have enough to max out one and get a healthy start on another if more than one of these guys accepts this data.
Thanks!

e: or maybe drop it on Elvira as she provides the same upgrades but also unlocks Qwent?

Gromit fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 19, 2016

• Locked thread