Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Re: The complaining about the anime from a few pages ago,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAm7XADWAQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
And yet another Pokemon that seems like something Bogleech would make, a recurring theme with this generation, though the irony with Turtonator is that its existence actually caught Bog off-guard:

Bogleech posted:

OH MY poo poo THAT IS A MATAMATA TURTLE AND I DIDN”T EVEN KNOW SOME ART I REBLOGGED A BIT AGO WAS A NEW POKEMON

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Evil Eagle posted:

greninja won the 720 popularity poll tho

Bad poll, Mega Charizard X wasn't on it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Chimera-gui posted:

And yet another Pokemon that seems like something Bogleech would make

Come on, Turtonator might be ugly but its not that ugly.

I don't hate it as much now though, because what I thought was a stupid mustache is actually a :gerty: mouth.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 19, 2016

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CuddlyZombie posted:

Re: The complaining about the anime from a few pages ago,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAm7XADWAQ

oh huh the team skull screen wipe is exactly like the smash 4 screen wipe

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Come on, Turtonator might be ugly but its not that ugly.

A pokémon doesn't have to be "ugly" to be something that Bogleech would make, it just has to be a concept that he'd want in the franchise which a matamata would absolutely be.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 19, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
who the hell is bogleech

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
Reminder that Pokemon Worlds is starting in about 10 hours.

Anyway,

(taken from here and here, from a pokemon merch twitter)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sky Pirate Eevee is really good

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

Sky Pirate Eevee is really good

drifblim leather is murder

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Brother Entropy posted:

drifblim leather is murder

It's already dead

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's already dead

exactly, hasn't it already suffered enough

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
hooray my crab friend finally learned the crabbyhammer, so I could let it evolve into Huge Crab Friend. before that I realized my DSes both had their wireless off, turned em on, and got a Kingdra for my troubles. And then I spent several days making it love me more so I could have it learn how to rain meteors down on its opponents. which it then did, with aplomb, to snooty dragon lady's dragons. she had a Kingdra of the same level, but since it lost, it was clearly much worse.
tomorrow I will catch the rainbow bird. I love Pokemon, and always will. :unsmith:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Surprise, Game Freak has made a new game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRAAj-uVJDM

It's coming out in January.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Wow, it looks... really ugly :smith:
It looks just like a flash game. Why is it so zoomed out? Why is everything animated in that gross paperdoll tweening style? Why are all of the environments just giant empty rooms with angry birdsesque physics objects?

I want to be excited, because the last few times GF branched out like this we got Pulseman and Drill Dozer, the latter of which is still one of my favorite GBA games. But this looks so lame. Hopefully it's just launch trailer syndrome and the finished product is nicer, because that trailer didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

e: HarmoKnight, too. That was good.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 19, 2016

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
I just discovered Ash lost the Sinnoh Pokemon League to a guy with Darkrai and Latios. I was under the impression that nobody ever caught legendaries in the anime, but I guess they made an exception so Ash could have his whole team stomped by two pokemon.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I actually just watched the Alain battle and lmfao Pikachu 2Hit KO'd a goddamn Tyranitar. That's ridiculous.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

Wow, it looks... really ugly :smith:
It looks just like a flash game. Why is it so zoomed out? Why is everything animated in that gross paperdoll tweening style? Why are all of the environments just giant empty rooms with angry birdsesque physics objects?

I want to be excited, because the last few times GF branched out like this we got Pulseman and Drill Dozer, the latter of which is still one of my favorite GBA games. But this looks so lame. Hopefully it's just launch trailer syndrome and the finished product is nicer, because that trailer didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

e: HarmoKnight, too. That was good.

And also Tembo the Badass Elephant

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

I actually just watched the Alain battle and lmfao Pikachu 2Hit KO'd a goddamn Tyranitar. That's ridiculous.

And then he 1v1d a Metagross Hahaha

Edit: Ash-greninja looks dumb as hell but he used a destructo disk which is hilarious.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 19, 2016

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Benach posted:

Reminder that Pokemon Worlds is starting in about 10 hours.

Anyway,

(taken from here and here, from a pokemon merch twitter)

If these end up on the Pokemon Center online shop I'm buyin' that Eevee. :3:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hexmage-SA posted:

I just discovered Ash lost the Sinnoh Pokemon League to a guy with Darkrai and Latios. I was under the impression that nobody ever caught legendaries in the anime, but I guess they made an exception so Ash could have his whole team stomped by two pokemon.

Look up Brandon from the Battle Frontier sometime.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think the show runners said they wanted the Darkrai guy to be representative of a guy who just uses a GameShark and blasts through the game, and for the viewers to see how unfair that is.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

I think the show runners said they wanted the Darkrai guy to be representative of a guy who just uses a GameShark and blasts through the game, and for the viewers to see how unfair that is.

[citation needed]

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my theory is they wanted him to use cool pokemon like darkrai

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

less laughter posted:

[citation needed]

Some thread on NeoGAF. That's rock solid right?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I want that US Kirby Drifloon.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

greatn posted:

Some thread on NeoGAF. That's rock solid right?

if it's not on bulbapedia, it's not worth poo poo pal

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

greatn posted:

Well, he ended up winning the league so...I guess cheaters always prosper is the message?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So you can't Pokemon Box from Soul Silver?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Pokémon Box is gen III, HGSS is gen IV.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Even then, the Gen IV equivalent (My Pokémon Ranch) can't be used with Soul Silver. Only Diamond, Pearl and in Japan only, Platinum.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

who the hell is bogleech

Someone who's currently reviewing the fourth generation of Pokémon while looking forward to gen seven. He likes obscure, unusual, animals that some would find gross or ugly.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Ruggington posted:

I've been watching pokeaim's videos on and off since we were both teenagers and he's also baffling in how completely awful he is at anything he does in-game

lol yes it is very strange, i genuinely think joeys one of the best players on earth yet he struggles w/ like... geovanni

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tbp posted:

geovanni

oh dang i get it now

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

GlitchThief posted:

It honestly sounds kind of tedious, but I guess it wouldn't be a goal worth achieving if it were easy.

It's a bit tedious but way easier in Red than it is in Yellow. Use the route east of Fuschia and the boulder in the Warden's house.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So my soul silver guys will never move know to the next generation? Sucks

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

oh dang i get it now

when you see it...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Calaveron posted:

if you have BW or BW2, you can transfer them up to Gen 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Calaveron posted:

It's possible to transfer up from HG and SS. It requires a second DS/3DS and a copy of a Gen 5 game- Black, White, Black 2 or White 2. Once you have them in the Gen 5 game, you can transfer them through Pokemon Bank, and you'll be able to use Bank to bring them into the newest games coming out in November.

• Locked thread