Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBulb posted:

I dunno I always liked that Halo/destiny has a longer TTK via primaries than other games. If you buff them too much it just turns into CoD or any other online shooter.

I agree with you the longer ttk is cool but returning it to the ttk release levels would be fine.

The longer ttk of primaries dont mean much when everyone uses OHK weps anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Titanfall 2 beta tomorrow, gents. I heard you can download it at midnight on your respective consoles, but it won't be live until later tomorrow.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Meh

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

el B posted:

Titanfall 2 beta tomorrow, gents. I heard you can download it at midnight on your respective consoles, but it won't be live until later tomorrow.

Maybe this one will last a full four weeks before the internet forgets about it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

Maybe this one will last a full four weeks before the internet forgets about it.

I always found it funny that TF1 was online only and launched with q game mides and 10 guns :allears:

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

CheeseFactory posted:

I always found it funny that TF1 was online only and launched with q game mides and 10 guns :allears:

It had q entire game modes? poo poo, that's a lot dude.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I bet that it's 1 (or 2) depending on which key he meant to hit

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Just played an entire round of clash 4v5, that was fun

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Emron posted:

Just played an entire round of clash 4v5, that was fun

The game has a serious issue with getting two full teams before a match starts. Half of my IB matches are 4v5...and I'm always in the team with 4.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yep, and I keep getting loaded into games that are at least 25% complete. Literally as I'm typing this I got into a match that's 4500-2500. Sure makes it difficult to finish my last weekly bounty for the top score.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Also titans don't need a nerf. At all. The reason for the tears is it used to be the worst and most under represented pvp class. The improvement to the melee and again the nerfs to primaries have made it more competitive but not over powered.

Do you mind elaborating? From my perspective (40 hunter for like 2 months, 25 warlock for like 2 seconds) Titan seems like it's far and away the best class. It has absolutely the best grenade in the game, the best mobility and the best armor. It also has access to a superb roaming super and solid supers all around.

e: Should charge, shields.

\/ Elaborate on Shoulder Charge. Unless you're maining a shotty you're essentially a free kill if they catch you out. Even fusions don't trade because your bolts disappear if you die. I literally can't keep track of how frequently this happens to me.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 19, 2016

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

fennesz posted:

Do you mind elaborating? From my perspective (40 hunter for like 2 months, 25 warlock for like 2 seconds) Titan seems like it's far and away the best class. It has absolutely the best grenade in the game, the best mobility and the best armor. It also has access to a superb roaming super and solid supers all around.

T-rex arms, skip nades are broke, no bolt grenades, no blink, pre-ttk defender and striker were poo poo compared to the alternatives, shoulder charge doesn't work against somebody who's paying attention, t-rex arms a second time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hunters ruled the roost for almost all of year one. When they didn't, it was warlocks. Titans of both subclasses were the least represented by a good margin.

I do think strikers are too easy right now, they're set up in a way where running at enemies in straight lines can actually get a positive K/D. Twilight garrison was a huge mistake too, that never should have happened.

But taking that away would put the striker right back where it was, ignored and unloved. So I'm not sure how to fix that. Deleting UR would probably be a great starting point. Do that and see where things settle.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If youre getting shoulder charged you're a bad player. Thats not an op class youre just bad.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

BlindSite posted:

If youre getting shoulder charged you're a bad player. Thats not an op class youre just bad.

I don't think you know what the word elaborate means. I guess you're just used to insulting people so they stop talking :( Sorry.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

fennesz posted:

I don't think you know what the word elaborate means. I guess you're just used to insulting people so they stop talking :( Sorry.

If you aren't using a shotgun, what are you using? A sniper rifle? Dome him or bodyshot melee. Trade at the worst. Fusion? Unless you're getting blindsided through a corner it's almost better than a shotgun. Sidearm? You asked for it. Primaries might be in a tighter spot depending on how far away he is when you notice him, but that's what quickdraw is for.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4ydarf/massive_breakdown_of_the_edge_magazine_rise_of/

Reddit about the Edge Magazine article Some of the stuff from the link.

quote:

The new Gjallarhorn is not as powerful as it was in Year 1.

Destiny 2 was meant to launch this fall, and was pushed back to fall of 2017.

RoI only came into being when the decision was made to push back Destiny 2 by a year, something they note is very out of character for Activision to allow. They believe this was the smartest choice, as opposed to releasing a game like vanilla Destiny, which was clearly not ready.

SBMM is brought up, saying the highest level players dislike being forced to play sweaty matches all the time, especially when connections are compromised.
They don't want the bottom ranked players to quit because they get destroyed all the time.
Cotton admits that, right now, they haven't really made it enjoyable enough for players to have fun when they're only winning half of their games. I think this implies that, for players who would normally win the majority of their games, Bungie hasn't done a good job of keeping Crucible fun when the game makes it so that you lose as much as you win. They think Private matches will help with this.

Engine team has helped by dropping last gen support, which affected a portion of the playerbase that is smaller than 10%, and was felt to be necessary due to graphical and memory restrictions.

Rise of Iron doesn't offer the same transformation as TTK, nor is it Destiny 2. Merely a stop gap, albeit an effective one.
Raids need to be challenging, but not too challenging. And they don't want them to be too long either. 8 hours is too much of a commitment.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Dopants posted:

If you aren't using a shotgun, what are you using? A sniper rifle? Dome him or bodyshot melee. Trade at the worst. Fusion? Unless you're getting blindsided through a corner it's almost better than a shotgun. Sidearm? You asked for it. Primaries might be in a tighter spot depending on how far away he is when you notice him, but that's what quickdraw is for.

By your logic shotties should be 110% worthless because no one should ever get close enough to use it. Your response is acting like I'm saying Shoulder Charge is unstoppable. It's not. It's just extremely easy to use. Think about point B on Black Shield. If you're capping solo because your teammates are lit and a Titan comes charging over the wall: what are you supposed to do? If you PlanC fusion you'll probably get 2 bolts into him before you die and the rest disappear. If you shotty you maybe trade. If you're sniping you'll never get time for the melee after you body him. It's good. It's ok to admit that it's good. I'm not saying it's broken or that Titans are as a whole. But altogether Titans seem to be in an impeccable place right now.

\/ I appreciate the response, though, read my posts again. Never once did I call for Titans to be nerfed nor did I say they were overpowered. I said they're probably the dominant class right now. If I ask for someone with more knowledge or experience to elaborate as to why they think a different way than me that's not a bad thing. That's called communicating like a human being :/

fennesz fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 19, 2016

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fennesz posted:

Christ dude dont be such a pussy.

Early on any class with blink was overpowered in a movement sense. Maps in year one were pretty heavily weighted in a lot of cases to be fairly tight. There were exceptions but anomaly, delphi, burning shrine, cauldron could all be painful against blinking shotgunners.

The devs added to blink, arc bolts which at the time were a top tier grenade, quickdraw as an intrinsic perk and blade dancer which was ridiculously effective for a long, long time.

That naturally pushed more players to run blade dancer as their class in pvp.

The others mostly ran either void walker for the ability to shut down a super while also being able to still blink and when the ram came about, max armor or self res.

The warlock and hunter also had better melee perks like health regen on hit or kill that always proccd and better range on their hit.

The other class was sunsingers which when paired with a ram became an unkillable rape machine in radiance, also the burn perks etc, dual grenades, melee overshield et al.

Very few serious pvp players ran as a titan.

Ttk brought with it a roaming super that was rediculous at first that drove these people maining one of the popular pvp classes to roll a sunsinger.

The balances to sunbreaker and improvements to titan like being able to shoulder charge out of a slide and increasing the melee range gave it a little more viability after they weakened hammers. You still saw mostly sunsingers with burn builds and wombo spamming barrell rolling hunters that point.

The overshield on shotgun kill for defenders and nbp made defenders more viable and the nerf to primaries made jugg running with a shotgun more popular.

Overall Titan isnt being used more because its some OP bullshit its used more because its fun as hell to play is no longer fully outclassed by other choices and lastly because blade dancer, stormcaller and hammers are so popular being able to shut that poo poo down is always a nice option.

It drives me nuts to see players calling for a nerf to it because all they've done is make as viable a class to play in pvp as the other two.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

fennesz posted:

By your logic shotties should be 110% worthless because no one should ever get close enough to use it. Your response is acting like I'm saying Shoulder Charge is unstoppable. It's not. It's just extremely easy to use. Think about point B on Black Shield. If you're capping solo because your teammates are lit and a Titan comes charging over the wall: what are you supposed to do? If you PlanC fusion you'll probably get 2 bolts into him before you die and the rest disappear. If you shotty you maybe trade. If you're sniping you'll never get time for the melee after you body him. It's good. It's ok to admit that it's good. I'm not saying it's broken or that Titans are as a whole. But altogether Titans seem to be in an impeccable place right now.

Any shotgun currently being used has a higher range than shoulder charge, is instant, can be freely aimed and used from any position, and has much better followup potential.

I'm not saying Shoulder Charge is bad. But it's not like you're automatically hosed if you see a Titan right in front of you.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fennesz posted:

You have a radar. Learn to move. They are only going to come through one of two place at speed. Back the gently caress up pff the point and let em land then kill them and get back on the point.

Or jump high in the air and shoot them as they're still running.

Or just adjust your line so they'll be shoulder charging where you were not where you are and then just one or two burst or shot and melee.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

BlindSite posted:

You have a radar. Learn to move. They are only going to come through one of two place at speed. Back the gently caress up pff the point and let em land then kill them and get back on the point.

Problem with the radar is poo poo is so laggy now I have people shotgun me in the back when there was only a blip in front of me.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

ohrwurm posted:

Problem with the radar is poo poo is so laggy now I have people shotgun me in the back when there was only a blip in front of me.

And the opacity :qq:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

fennesz posted:

And the opacity :qq:

Wha

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Blips are hard to see because half of the maps are red and the map is see through. So you don't notice something on your radar unless you're staring at it because the background is loving red.

e: I have. Some of them make it yellow which is marginally better. It's not unplayable it's just something really bizarre to not have an option for in 2016.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 19, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't really have that problem at all. Try the colorblind settings I guess?

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

FishBulb posted:

I don't really have that problem at all. Try the colorblind settings I guess?

As far as I can tell, none of the colorblind settings change the color of the radar. In fact, as far as I can tell the only things they do change are the color of the item rarities, ally/enemy indicators and ultra bar color.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Guys protip this isn't the time to pop fireborn in sixes

http://i.imgur.com/gIYPELq.gifv

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Anyone up for running the level 42 FALLEN S.A.B.E.R strike with me and my roommate on PS4?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

That's a very pro self rez.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Radar is fine. Works fine. Looks fine. yall some picky dumb nerds

Through the handrail lmao

http://i.imgur.com/ZxttesD.gifv

im incapable of using a sniper without Quickdraw

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
tfw when you and the bros poo poo on people so hard you all Mercy out an IB match and cause 12 people to rage quit.

6 man push to own inside and just keep them out. Black Shield is loving horrible for Clash

gg Wrecks

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Maker Of Shoes posted:

tfw when you and the bros poo poo on people so hard you all Mercy out an IB match and cause 12 people to rage quit.

6 man push to own inside and just keep them out. Black Shield is loving horrible for Clash

gg Wrecks

You need to buy SA accounts for Dream of Osiris and that other guy.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Also, are boners going to enter the MLG tournament? Tell me that boners are going to enter the MLG tournament.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Did you know that 3s of Coin only stack to 200?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Dopants posted:

As far as I can tell, none of the colorblind settings change the color of the radar. In fact, as far as I can tell the only things they do change are the color of the item rarities, ally/enemy indicators and ultra bar color.
...Have you taken a color blindness test recently?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Just making sure I didn't miss something while I was gone, but is there a reason other than light level difference that a shoulder charge wouldn't kill a hunter? I was around 315 light and I would assume the other guy was around 335 or so. Should I even run shoulder charge now, or switch to unstoppable?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The translucence of the radar makes me have a hard time seeing it well on bright outdoor areas, like B on vertigo.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Im severely colourblind, when i did the colour blind test in school the nurse ended it after 3 slides and called her colleagues in to see me do the test again and they all went "whoah.....its like a part of his brain is missing"

I deal with the radar issues the same way that i dealt with the element burn in Y1 and not being able to match my trousers to my shirt without my wifes approval, i just get on with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The issue with the radar has nothing to do with colorblindness, it has to do with poor contrast over certain backgrounds. Put the upper left corner of your screen on something white and good loving luck seeing what's going on.

• Locked thread